Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762929 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1020 on: February 05, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »

Greene called the 2018 midterms, in which one Muslim American retained his seat and two others were elected for the first time “an Islamic invasion of our government.”

Eric Hananoki wrote at Media Matters of Greene accosting Omar,

“In February 2019, she visited Capitol Hill — her likely future place of employment — and filmed herself unsuccessfully trying to interrogate Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI). During the video, she falsely claimed that they’re illegitimate members of Congress because they took their congressional oaths of office on the Quran and said she wanted to make them retake their oath on the Bible. She also said she wanted to tell them they “really should go back to the Middle East if they support Sharia.” In addition to being bigoted, her remarks are also ignorant as their oaths were legitimate and neither representative is from the Middle East.”

You don’t have to swear on the Bible to hold public office in the United States of America. You can swear on anything you hold dear. Sen.Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) is a non-theist and she swore on the constitution. Tulsi Gabbard swore on the Bhagavad-Gita, a Hindu scripture.

Though to reference conehead OJ, Detroit is basically in the middle east ...

I might swear in using a colander ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #1021 on: February 05, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »

I think the posterboard that Steny Hoyer was carrying around the chamber,  which was a print from Greene's FB campaign page,  made the unfitness of Greene vividly clear.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #1024 on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:19 AM »

On another track,

Alexei Navalny will be remembered in history with the likes of King and Mandela.

Man has balls of brass.    And eloquence.   So,  yes.

Who knew that failure to report to your probation officer,  due to deadly poisoning and lying in a coma,  was a violation of your probation?   They should put that in the brochure:  If we poison you with neurotoxin and you fail to report in due to coma,  you still need to make arrangements to report in every week...

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 05, 2021, 11:26:02 AM »

On another track,

Alexei Navalny will be remembered in history with the likes of King and Mandela.

Who knew that failure to report to your probation officer,  due to deadly poisoning and lying in a coma,  was a violation of your probation?   They should put that in the brochure:  If we poison you with neurotoxin and you fail to report in due to coma,  you still need to make arrangements to report in every week...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 05, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »

On another track,

That might explain why he survived, since Putin's agents reportedly put the poison along the seams of his underwear.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 05, 2021, 11:32:24 AM »

Republican with balls facing castration from his party:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/ben-sasse-nebraska-gop-censure/index.html

Seems that GOP tent ain't so big, is it?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 05, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 05, 2021, 03:00:56 PM »

In that case go fuck your mother.

Pretty sure this is the language that Josh was asking for opinions about on the other forum.

Are any of you REALLY in favor of this?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 05, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »

In his first two weeks in office, President Biden has signed nearly as many executive orders as Franklin Roosevelt signed in his entire first month. And President Roosevelt holds the record.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/03/963380189/with-28-executive-orders-signed-president-biden-is-off-to-a-record-start

And he hasn't played Golf once!  Does he even know how to President?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 05, 2021, 05:29:18 PM »

In that case go fuck your mother.

Pretty sure this is the language that Josh was asking for opinions about on the other forum.

Are any of you REALLY in favor of this?

Not to worry. Josh will be sure to punish you or me for Larry's sins. It's in his Boston liberal DNA.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 05, 2021, 05:49:59 PM »

Good interview on CNN - Wolf Blitzer with Republican Congressman Carlos Gimenez - on everything from Trump impeachment to MTG to Liz Cheney.

About the 5:15 mark of the 5-6 PM slot if you are interested
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2929