Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762645 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1095 on: February 06, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »

Israel’s vaccination programme covers all Israeli citizens over 16 but currently excludes the millions of Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Hamas led Gaza Strip.  The Palestinian Authority hopes to receive vaccines through a WHO-led partnership with the humanitarian organisation known as Covax.

Opportunity wasted?

Imagine if Israel orchestrated the vaccination of those Palestinians.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israel-give-5-000-coronavirus-vaccines-palestinian-doctors-n1256317

Now imagine Egypt (or anybody else) vaccinated Gaza and Jordan (or anybody else) vaccinated the West Bank.

Israel is not the only country.

And could you guarantee the safety of the Israelis who went in to vaccinate?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 06, 2021, 12:53:40 PM »

We don't really get deaths from direct starvation, at this point.

We do, however, get deaths from malnutrition and way too many, even if our rate is not either as bad as it used to be or without peers among developed countries.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/malnutrition/by-country/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 06, 2021, 12:55:30 PM »

More on Dobbs (ref.  Larry's post yesterday)

The change in programming was routine and had nothing to do with the lawsuit, a Fox News Media spokesperson said. "As we said in October, FOX News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on FOX Business – this is part of those planned changes. A new 5PM program will be announced in the near future."

Dobbs is one of three hosts named by Smartmatic, an election technology company, in a defamation case. The company alleged the Fox Corporation had participated in a disinformation campaign that "had a direct and harmful impact on Smartmatic's ability to conduct business in the United States and around the world now and in the future."   
  -- NPR

Doesn't seem entirely coincidental to me.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 06, 2021, 01:10:21 PM »

Lynndie Rana England...convicted war criminal.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 06, 2021, 01:30:41 PM »

Now imagine Egypt (or anybody else) vaccinated Gaza and Jordan (or anybody else) vaccinated the West Bank.
Israel is not the only country.

And could you guarantee the safety of the Israelis who went in to vaccinate?

Come on.  Israel is the only country occupying Palestinian land, taking over Palestinian land, with military control over Palestinian land.  As the occupying power, they are responsible.

There are 2M Palestinians in the West Bank and another 2M in Gaza.  And they will be last in line.

If vaccine were made available I'm sure the Palestinians could handle injections on their own.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 06, 2021, 01:32:05 PM »

We pay the farmers not to grow in order to keep the prices up, while we make the children pay for lunch at school, and while we let our people go hungry. We need to give our children free lunches at school, so they are guaranteed at least one healthy meal per day, and it would be nice to give them a breakfast as well, and also there can be sporting events on weekends where the children can get food, etc, there are things that we can do to make sure that our children eat. My father died when I was a child, and my other was a widow with 3 children to raise, we were starving half the time, it seems like I was always hungry, I used to wash dogs for my Grandmother who was a dog groomer to help us to earn money so that I could eat. When I was 16 years old when I got my first Drivers License I was 6 feet tall and I only weighed 135 pounds, I was always hungry, and I was a hard worker. So, I know what it is like to go hungry here in the USA, and we need to do better, and for sure we need to make sure that our children eat.

Instead of paying our farmers not to grow crops, we need to buy food from our farmers and give the food to the schools to make sure that the children eat, the children can eat at school. We can also continue the programs which give boxes of food to people in need of food. New programs in Anaheim are great, you dial 2-1-1 on your cell phone and they will bring you a box of food, we need more programs like that.

And instead of giving aid to people all around the world while our own people starve, we need to help our own people first before we help anyone else.

And here is a story about how people did charity work and fed people 20 years ago, my Uncle and my friend Tom and their team, they had about 60 people on their team, and they sold beer and hot dogs and stuff at Angel Stadium and at the Rose Bowl and at other places, and they worked for per diem only, they worked for lunch and gas money, and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed the hungry people, they raised money for the group Canning Hunger.

https://www.canninghunger.org/

Also, there is a famous chef, Chef Bruno, who owns the Anaheim White House Restaurant and he feeds free pasta dinners to the hungry children. He wrote a book, "The Power of Pasta" and the money from the sales of his book goes to help to feed the children. His club is "Caterina's Club"  and it was named after his Mother, he feeds 5,000 children dinner every night.

https://www.chefbrunoserato.com/about/

https://caterinasclub.org/

We also need to make sure that we support great grocery stores such as the Northgate Market which brings good healthy food to the communities they serve, and Stater Brothers, and other great markets here in the USA.

http://northgatemarket.com/

https://www.staterbros.com/

We also need to do a better job at making sure that people in Montana and Wyoming and other states have good fresh fruit from California, etc, they need to have fresh oranges in their grocery stores, etc.

We grow a lot of food in the USA, and we can easily feed everyone if we come from a place of abundance, instead of letting people starve as we come from a place of scarcity. And instead of paying farmers not to grow food, we need to buy the food that they grow and give the food to hungry children and to the poor and to the needy. And instead of giving foreign aid to other nations, we need to help our own people first.

I also urge Christians to do the work of Jesus and feed the hungry, and help the homeless, and to help the orphans, and to rescue the weak and the needy.

There is a lot that we can do. Starvation is not an option.

And it is not expensive to feed people, food is cheap. Even scrambled eggs and cactus is better than starving...

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/eggs/scrambled-eggs-with-cactus/

We also need to make sure that the college students have food, I starved the whole time I was in school. You should not have to starve to death in order to get an education. All of the colleges need to have food banks, and we need to make sure that the college students have food to eat.

And we need to do more to feed and help the homeless in Hollywood, and all over our nation.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1103 on: February 06, 2021, 01:37:45 PM »

The change in programming was routine and had nothing to do with the lawsuit, a Fox News Media spokesperson said. "As we said in October, FOX News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on FOX Business – this is part of those planned changes. A new 5PM program will be announced in the near future."

Dobbs is one of three hosts named by Smartmatic, an election technology company, in a defamation case. The company alleged the Fox Corporation had participated in a disinformation campaign that "had a direct and harmful impact on Smartmatic's ability to conduct business in the United States and around the world now and in the future."   
  -- NPR

CANCEL CULTURE has come to Fox.

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 06, 2021, 01:39:01 PM »

All of the poor and homeless Muslims need to go to Abu Dhabi, and to Dubai, they are wealthy, and they want to grow their populations, and plus they need service workers to run their grocery stores and to do the essential work for them, etc, and they need construction workers, etc. All of the poor Muslim refugees, and the Palestinians, and other Muslims, can go to Abu Dhabi, and to Dubai. The Muslims in the refugee camps, etc, they can all go to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are wealthy, and they want the refugees and others to come there and work.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1105 on: February 06, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »

Welcome to todays, GQP

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"  -Isaac Asimov

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 06, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »

-- NPR

I showed you the ratings

He was 49th
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 06, 2021, 02:14:57 PM »

Welcome to todays, GQP

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"  -Isaac Asimov

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/2/5/2014262/-An-antidemocratic-insurgency-takes-shape-Old-ideological-lines-vanish-as-QAnon-militias-meld

Political (GOP) Religious (Q) and Militant (PB) faces of the same death cult.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 06, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »

One of my favorite lines from Isaac Asimov, from The Foundation Trilogy, is "Violence is the last refuge for the incompetent." And it is true, you see it in a way on the internet when someone loses an argument and then they resort to personal attacks. You always know you won when they resort to personal attacks.

And never trust a politician who just slings mud at the other candidates instead of sticking to discussing the issues, people like that have nothing to offer so they just throw mud at the other people. 

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 06, 2021, 03:26:52 PM »

One of my favorite lines from Isaac Asimov, from The Foundation Trilogy, is "Violence is the last refuge for the incompetent."

Salvor Hardin was a very well conceived character, if a tad close in name to Hari Seldon!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 2929