Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761574 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1230 on: February 08, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »

We all just need to embrace our mongrel blood without exception.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1231 on: February 08, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »

Soon the White world America will ceast to exist, as Whites will be the minority.
The persecuted minority?
The discriminated against minority?
I won't be around to see it, but it would be interesting to watch.

Yes, their fear is that they will be treated as they have historically treated others.

"They" in this instance means somewhere near 50% of adult white folks, with a disproportionately high percentage of those being without a college education and without a ton of money, though there are all too many of the two subgroups ready to push that theory.

But... while we are talking about whites being less than half of the entire US population, they will still be the single largest group, by far, with no single ethnic or racial group larger than they are, even as late as 2060. But the slowing procreation among whites is the single greatest factor in this change, with the second being a lack of white folks wanting to move here.

White people who have European roots are sometimes surprised who else is considered White.  I wanna know how they classified these bar charts.

The Census Bureau defines White people as follows: "White" refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as "White" or reported entries such as German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian

So Euro-whites might find themselves a minority sooner if they don't consider north african and middle easterners one of them.

Funny, you don't look Irish.

Fourteen Words... no mud folk need apply.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1232 on: February 08, 2021, 07:57:38 PM »

We all just need to embrace our mongrel blood without exception.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 08, 2021, 08:32:45 PM »

https://lawandcrime.com/impeachment/law-professor-cited-15-times-by-trumps-legal-team-says-impeachment-memo-was-filled-with-flat-out-misrepresentations-of-his-work

Gee, I am so surprised.

The Trump legal team making misrepresentations in their filing?!

They must be stable geniuses, just like their client!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 08, 2021, 09:01:54 PM »

With the republican senatorial ratsheep cowering in sniveling unity, his attorneys figure they can make like the Police and sing, “Goo goo goo ga ga ga” as stock footage of Fidel-Assad-trump runs in the background and their client will still walk.

Any republican in good standing will tell you don’t do the homework when you’ve already locked in your final grade.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 09:03:46 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 08, 2021, 09:09:25 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/call-witnesses/

Do republicans save time and trouble by stipulating trump’s criminal intent?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 08, 2021, 09:12:32 PM »

In my post on potential E. Europeans immigration to America, I was going to add that it depends on your definition of "white".  There are 80M Turks (and large-scale Turkish emigration is definitely the reason Turkey is not in the EU and will not be any time soon).  Iran another source of "white" people.  Kazakhstan, etc.

Indeed the term Caucasian initially was based on the country of Georgia where two of the early German proponents of racial classification thought the people were the best proportioned and classic example they had found.  The Caucus Mts are on Turkey's far east (the western half of greater Armenia is in Turkey) which is also rather close to Iran/Syria and the whole ME.  The original and classic definition of Caucasian includes Euros and Arabs and ME people, partly for religious reasons so that Jesus and family would be of white ancestry.

It's interesting how a lot of early science and social science had trouble escaping the pull of religious ideas and various prejudices of the time.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 08, 2021, 09:49:12 PM »

Senator Shelby (R-AL) will not run for re-election.

That makes 4, so far. That is a lot so early in the process.

Grassley? Inhofe? They're next up on the GOP side. Leahy's waiting to see if he can still do a somersault in scuba gear his age in feet underwater. Feinstein probably should step aside, from what I read, while Leahy seems pretty sharp.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 08, 2021, 09:52:56 PM »

Anybody wanting to hear a Senator Leahy story can message me.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 09, 2021, 04:50:46 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 09, 2021, 05:38:29 AM »

"New ICE guidelines limit criminal deportations."

#####

Of course.
Not much good deporting illegals though, they seem to just walk right back in.
Trump was trying to stop that by building a wall and sealing the border...but the American people kicked him out.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 09, 2021, 07:18:32 AM »

barton

« Reply #1242 on: February 09, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »

For sure,  the armtwisting call to Raffensperger was Trump at his most mob-bossy.

Here's a thought provoking piece on how far free speech should go -- npr talks to Rob Monster, who runs Epik platform.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/08/965448572/meet-the-man-behind-epik-the-tech-firm-keeping-far-right-websites-alive

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 09, 2021, 10:17:49 AM »

Senator Shelby (R-AL) will not run for re-election.

That makes 4, so far. That is a lot so early in the process.

Grassley? Inhofe? They're next up on the GOP side. Leahy's waiting to see if he can still do a somersault in scuba gear his age in feet underwater. Feinstein probably should step aside, from what I read, while Leahy seems pretty sharp.

5 of the senators up for re-election in 2022 won their last race by less than 2.5%

4 are Democrats
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 09, 2021, 10:38:58 AM »

Indeed the term Caucasian initially was based on the country of Georgia where two of the early German proponents of racial classification thought the people were the best proportioned and classic example they had found.  The Caucus Mts are on Turkey's far east (the western half of greater Armenia is in Turkey) which is also rather close to Iran/Syria and the whole ME.  The original and classic definition of Caucasian includes Euros and Arabs and ME people, partly for religious reasons so that Jesus and family would be of white ancestry.

Thank you, Cliff Klavin

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:40:34 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 2929