Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761816 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1260 on: February 09, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »

In USA, in the last 15 years, 200,000 children have married, some as young as ten.

YouTube: "65 yr old man marries 12 year old girl(Child Marriage Social Experiment.)

"50 Year Old Woman Marries 12 year old boy."

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 09, 2021, 01:46:51 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/hold-them-all-accountable/

Anyone who raised money from or for “stop the steal” activities after November ninth is complicit in the criminal insurrection conspiracy.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 09, 2021, 02:31:31 PM »

The Constitution only calls for the Chief Justice to preside over impeachment of a president, not over all impeachments. This is a former president and I would have been surprised to see Roberts preside.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 09, 2021, 02:40:07 PM »

The Constitution only calls for the Chief Justice to preside over impeachment of a president, not over all impeachments. This is a former president and I would have been surprised to see Roberts preside.

They are impeaching him as President.  This is the entirety of their case.

Justice Roberts states his negative stance on even having a trial by not presiding.

Ga 'head - tear that one apart

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 09, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »

Jamie Raskin relating the unconscionable  use of the American flag as a spear on Jan 6

(But never utters a public word when the flag is dragged along the ground or burned)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 09, 2021, 02:46:35 PM »

Is it possible that you've gotten even dumber in the weeks when I've ignored your posts?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 09, 2021, 02:52:25 PM »

The US is the most diverse society in the history of mankind thanks to our wasp founding fathers

You keep saying that.

It continues to not be true.

We are not the most diverse racially, ethnically, or religiously.

But I should learn to stop confusing you with facts.

Could you confuse me with facts please. Name one country with more diversity.  More races, more religions, and more nations of origin. Duh!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 09, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »

Early Biden approval rating (strong pos vs strong neg)

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/biden_approval_index_history

stands at -4

High was -1
Low was -7

OVERALL approve at +5
high - +6
Low -  even
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:04:23 PM by kidcarter8 »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 09, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »

The 10 Most Multicultural Cities in the World

NY, LA, SF all in the US. No other country has more than one.

https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/california/articles/the-10-most-multicultural-cities-in-the-world/
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 09, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

Interesting

86 languages spoken in Los Angeles (name them)

And TWO HUNDRED in London?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 09, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »

They are impeaching him as President.  This is the entirety of their case.

Justice Roberts states his negative stance on even having a trial by not presiding.

Ga 'head - tear that one apart

heh

Trump is a shnook. His fate is beneath Roberts’ dignity. Any barber, bar tender, or garbage man can preside over the gelding of the grotesque lizard you worship so obsequiously.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 09, 2021, 03:28:58 PM »

Jamie Raskin relating the unconscionable  use of the American flag as a spear1 on Jan 6

(But never utters a public word when the flag is dragged along the ground or burned2)

Familiarize yourself with the term "false equivalency".

The first1 is an act of violence, and the latter2 is an act of protest. 

I hope this helps.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 09, 2021, 03:32:15 PM »

Jamie Raskin relating the unconscionable  use of the American flag as a spear1 on Jan 6

(But never utters a public word when the flag is dragged along the ground or burned2)

Familiarize yourself with the term "false equivalency".

The first1 is an act of violence, and the latter2 is an act of protest. 

I hope this helps.
Why bother?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1273 on: February 09, 2021, 03:57:51 PM »

I'll give the Trump defense team, Castor and Schoen, a lot of credit for emotionally slinging a ton of bullshit at the wall.

Just forget about the attack on the Capitol.

I thought Castor was full of it but Schoen is litigating by bluster.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 09, 2021, 03:58:41 PM »

In USA, in the last 15 years, 200,000 children have married, some as young as ten.

YouTube: "65 yr old man marries 12 year old girl(Child Marriage Social Experiment.)

"50 Year Old Woman Marries 12 year old boy."

In the USA there has been a history of people having children at a young age.

My Grandmother got married at 14 years old, as a girl in the country in Oregon, and my Brother had a child when he was 14 with a girl who was 15 who was Roy Rogers and Dale Evan's Granddaughter. And Dale Evans had her son Tom when she was 14. 

And Latin women have their Quinceanera at 15 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincea%C3%B1era

And many young ladies drop out of high school as they get pregnant. 

With people who are educated, and with working professionals, the women wait until after college to get pregnant, but with the poorer people and with those less educated then a lot of women get pregnant in their teens.

And some poor and less educated teens get pregnant so that they can get housing and Welfare. 

And one thing too, many men in the USA cannot travel because they cannot get a Passport because they owe money for child support from having children when they were teens, the women get Welfare but the men are expected to repay the money that the women were given, so many men own hundreds of thousands of dollars and they are uneducated and poor and they will never be able to repay the money, so they are trapped, they cannot travel outside of the USA because they have to repay the money before they are allowed to get a Passport.

I always felt bad, because while I was working and going to school, my friends were all getting married and having children. I never got married, and I never had any children, but it turns out to be good because I do not owe any money for child support and Welfare, and I can travel. I can go to Italy, and to France, and anywhere else I want to go. I may not have attained a family and success, but at the same time, I am still free to travel, and I count my blessings.

And I can still become wealthy, and men are able to have children well into old age, Clint Eastwood and others have had children in old age. 

Anyhow, the USA is full of people who are having children at 14 years old, and in their teens, especially in the rural areas, and with uneducated people. And many of them become trapped with huge mountains of debt from having children when they were young and poor, the men have to repay that money back to the government. 

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2929