Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762194 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1335 on: February 10, 2021, 07:25:28 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/politics/capitol-riot-hoax-michigan-state-senate-leader-apologize/index.html

Shirkey apologized for his words, but he did not actually admit that he was wrong, only that his words were unwise. I think the Senate Majority Leader in Michigan needs to step down from at least his position and quite possibly his seat.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 10, 2021, 08:09:54 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/politics/capitol-riot-hoax-michigan-state-senate-leader-apologize/index.html

Shirkey apologized for his words, but he did not actually admit that he was wrong, only that his words were unwise. I think the Senate Majority Leader in Michigan needs to step down from at least his position and quite possibly his seat.
I remained stunned that people like this rise to positions of power.  I must be the most naive person in the world.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 10, 2021, 09:04:59 AM »

While most of Ivanka’s work in the White House was fairly nebulous, we do know that she worked on the Trump administration’s implementation of the Opportunity Zones program in 2018, apparently violating conflict of interest law in the process. At the same time that Ivanka was working on Opportunity Zones, Jared owned a significant financial stake in a company called Cadre which offers investment vehicles under the Opportunity Zones program. When Trump and Kushner entered the administration, Kushner’s stake in Cadre was valued between $5 million and $25 million. The value would rise to $25 million to $50 million. Kushner originally failed to disclose his ownership in Cadre. Despite the fact that the top White House ethics official determined at one point that it was “reasonably necessary” for him to divest from Cadre in order to do his job at the White House, he never did.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump should never have been allowed to work in the White House. The Department of Justice reversed decades of precedent to grant President Trump’s wish to have his children work in the White House. While taking on enormous responsibilities that they were unqualified to carry out, and debasing their positions with constant ethics scandals, they likely made hundreds of millions of dollars from questionable sources.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:59:36 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #1338 on: February 10, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »

I remain not stunned that people like this rise to positions of power.   President Garfield's initiative to end this sort of thing has been progressing rather slowly.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 10, 2021, 12:20:10 PM »

While most of Ivanka’s work in the White House was fairly nebulous, we do know that she worked on the Trump administration’s implementation of the Opportunity Zones program in 2018, apparently violating conflict of interest law in the process. At the same time that Ivanka was working on Opportunity Zones, Jared owned a significant financial stake in a company called Cadre which offers investment vehicles under the Opportunity Zones program. When Trump and Kushner entered the administration, Kushner’s stake in Cadre was valued between $5 million and $25 million. The value would rise to $25 million to $50 million. Kushner originally failed to disclose his ownership in Cadre. Despite the fact that the top White House ethics official determined at one point that it was “reasonably necessary” for him to divest from Cadre in order to do his job at the White House, he never did.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump should never have been allowed to work in the White House. The Department of Justice reversed decades of precedent to grant President Trump’s wish to have his children work in the White House. While taking on enormous responsibilities that they were unqualified to carry out, and debasing their positions with constant ethics scandals, they likely made hundreds of millions of dollars from questionable sources.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/

hahahahahahah
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 10, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »

Jared and Ivanka will both find Islam in prison.

America is full of second acts for those willing to shed a damning past.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 10, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »

"This riot was predictable and foreseeable"

Yes, this is why so many Capitol police and other law enforcement were at the ready.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 10, 2021, 01:25:46 PM »

I remained stunned that people like this rise to positions of power.  I must be the most naive person in the world.

No, the folks who vote for people like this strike me as far more naïve than you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 10, 2021, 03:58:00 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/thirds-americans-approve-bidens-covid-19-response-poll/story

2/3rds of Americans approve of Biden's pandemic response.

Of course they do.
The press is adoring, all the hard work was done by Trump...all he has to do is distribute the vaccines.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 10, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/thirds-americans-approve-bidens-covid-19-response-poll/story

Of course they do.
The press is adoring, all the hard work was done by Trump...all he has to do is distribute the vaccines.
"All the hard work was done by Trump" is a set of words never once truthfully spoken by anyone.

The hard work, for the government, is the distribution.
A parrot bit me.

Oi!

• View Profile
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 10, 2021, 04:38:57 PM »

Of course they do.

What hard work?  Warp speed was done with a pen.  "All he has to do...." is some "rest of the fucking owl" shit.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 10, 2021, 04:43:56 PM »

"Everything they are saying today is easily rebutted"

- Jason Miller

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 10, 2021, 04:58:17 PM »

Not by the skilled lawyers Trump has retained. Maybe they’ll bring “Ms. Powell” on.

Trump will be acquitted. I’m sure you’ll be ecstatic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:01:15 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 2929