Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762217 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1365 on: February 10, 2021, 08:35:28 PM »

I don't hate.

Classic RW troll-trap.   Direct any criticism at a public figure,  and the troll dismisses you as a mind clouded by "hate. "  Saves the troll the bother of actually accounting for the words and/or actions of the person,  or rebutting any substantive critique.   Why defend a scoundrel or a fool when you can lazily deflect back on the poster?   

barton

« Reply #1366 on: February 10, 2021, 08:46:00 PM »

Back to the Bushes

President Joe Biden's actions against the oil and gas industry, including his cancelation of the Keystone XL Pipeline, have caused a "chilling effect" among the nation's energy workers...

Keystone pipe,  when completed,  will employ 34 people.   And almost all of them not in Texas.  Texas refineries get most of their crude from places other than Alberta.   This is,  again,  performative.   Protecting Texas  jobs would actually involve oil companies building their solar, wind,  geothermal divisions and shifting workers into those new jobs.   Because that's the future.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 10, 2021, 08:57:41 PM »

George P’s ringing endorsement of Biden’s policies is a strong sign that Joe needs to keep going further in this direction to bring more growth to a new industry with a new power structure and different political alliances in Texas, an industry or more accurately a complex of industries that ultimately does far less damage to our environment.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:59:17 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 10, 2021, 08:58:58 PM »

Back to the Bushes

President Joe Biden's actions against the oil and gas industry, including his cancelation of the Keystone XL Pipeline, have caused a "chilling effect" among the nation's energy workers...

Keystone pipe,  when completed,  will employ 34 people.   And almost all of them not in Texas.  Texas refineries get most of their crude from places other than Alberta.   This is,  again,  performative.   Protecting Texas  jobs would actually involve oil companies building their solar, wind,  geothermal divisions and shifting workers into those new jobs.   Because that's the future.

The Billionaire energy class have convinced kid and his ilk that Democrats are their enemy/coming for their jobs.  When in reality Democrats are looking out for their future and the Billionaire class is just looking out for their own bottom line.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 10, 2021, 09:08:59 PM »

Back to the Bushes

While Bush said he would like to give Biden the benefit of the doubt on the decision, the president has shut the energy industry out of having any meaningful discussions, so he believes "we're going to have to be in the courts to find redress."

Bush noted that Democrats also oppose Biden's move, including four party members in Texas's U.S. House delegation and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, a Biden supporter.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., has also asked Biden to change his decision.

Bush said Texas could lose 120,000 jobs through 2022 because of the suspension of new oil and gas leases, which could also lead to legal action.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 10, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »

RIP Larry Flynt, Larry was a great American.

When I met Larry Flynt was when I was homeless, and I slept in my pick-up at the Griffith Park Observatory, Larry hung out at the Observatory coffee shop. So, I used to see Larry when I was buying coffee. He was always friendly.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 10, 2021, 09:37:00 PM »

Not by the skilled lawyers Trump has retained. Maybe they’ll bring “Ms. Powell” on.

Trump will be acquitted. I’m sure you’ll be ecstatic.

I have moved on

We can tell, by your posts.

Liar.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 10, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »

Back to the Bushes

President Joe Biden's actions against the oil and gas...

Kid, what part of "Newsmax is not a news site" are you failing to understand?

And post your fucking sources.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 10, 2021, 09:48:41 PM »

He didn’t get that far at troll school.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 10, 2021, 09:59:56 PM »

The history of some insurrectionists’ prior violent behavior towards women is starting to come to light.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_60198d1ec5b6bde2f5c35bd6

“Misogyny and white supremacy are mutually reinforcing ideologies because they’re all based on that idea of the great replacement,” said Christou, the senior fellow at the Centre for Analysis of the Radical Right. The great replacement is the academic theory that men, specifically white men, feel they are being replaced by immigrants, people of color and women.”

Definitely trump’s crowd. You can tell even without seeing the flags.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1377 on: February 10, 2021, 10:08:11 PM »

The history of some insurrectionists’ prior violent behavior towards women is starting to come to light.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_60198d1ec5b6bde2f5c35bd6

“Misogyny and white supremacy are mutually reinforcing ideologies because they’re all based on that idea of the great replacement,” said Christou, the senior fellow at the Centre for Analysis of the Radical Right. The great replacement is the academic theory that men, specifically white men, feel they are being replaced by immigrants, people of color and women.”

Definitely trump’s crowd. You can tell even without seeing the flags.

I think we can safely say, "Not all white people!"
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 10, 2021, 10:10:46 PM »

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chronic-infection-uk-coronavirus-variant

One infection may have changed the course of the virus.

Or as my friend who posted it put it, "Yet another reason not to let it keep spreading."

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 10, 2021, 10:27:35 PM »

So...they are showing the House managers' presentation on just about all the networks. The trial just broke for dinner and will come back after 6:00pm. CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC all covering it...and over on Fox News? "The Five" assholes are sitting around discussing----Mark Cuban's National Anthem decision.

Yep. REAL Americans over there. 

JFC...

Which one do you HATE most?

I don't hate. I loathe idiocy and dishonesty, however, no matter the source.   That network has no business calling itself a news organization.

The Mavericks' actions are news.

So is the weather in Paris, TX. But it's a matter of priorities, as you well know. Try not to play their game for them. It makes you look pretty dumb.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2929