Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762031 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1395 on: February 11, 2021, 07:54:48 AM »

It's just not that fucking difficult to stick a line at the bottom saying where you got it from, if you are unwilling to post the link. If Newsmax is the only place you can find where it was said, then you might want to question the source, yourself.

So instead of posting something of interest with a link to Newsmax, I have to take the time to search for the quoted text somewhere else?

You are daft.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 11, 2021, 07:58:03 AM »

By deleting his most recent "HEH" post, Kid is showing how he's MOVED ON!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1397 on: February 11, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »

Greg Kelly should be handing out correct change at a Lincoln Tunnel tollbooth not disrespecting fallen members of the capitol police on some crackhead spank and wank network.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1398 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:00 AM »

If this was a court of law the defense team would be falling over themselves to get a plea deal.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 11, 2021, 09:43:15 AM »

It's just not that fucking difficult to stick a line at the bottom saying where you got it from, if you are unwilling to post the link. If Newsmax is the only place you can find where it was said, then you might want to question the source, yourself.

So instead of posting something of interest with a link to Newsmax, I have to take the time to search for the quoted text somewhere else?

You are daft.

Newsmax is known to post stories that are made up to a substantial degree, Kid.

You swallow their stuff uncritically.

Which of us is daft?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: February 11, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoc3F2Bn4DE&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1r8JNddXBt23BGX528m4qNd2LMd8PPmNZhsbJ2JRqDqYNrtc81Za1i7cY

A South Dakota judge ruled that a voter-approved constitutional amendment was... unconstitutional.

The measure was to legalize pot.

I suspect this gets overturned on appeal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:47 AM »

Back to the Bushes

President Joe Biden's actions against the oil and gas industry, including his cancelation of the Keystone XL Pipeline, have caused a "chilling effect" among the nation's energy workers...

Keystone pipe,  when completed,  will employ 34 people.   And almost all of them not in Texas.  Texas refineries get most of their crude from places other than Alberta.   This is,  again,  performative.   Protecting Texas  jobs would actually involve oil companies building their solar, wind,  geothermal divisions and shifting workers into those new jobs.   Because that's the future.

The Billionaire energy class have convinced kid and his ilk that Democrats are their enemy/coming for their jobs.  When in reality Democrats are looking out for their future and the Billionaire class is just looking out for their own bottom line.

"When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies."

- William of Baskerville
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 11, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/10/subway-air-pollution-new-york-washington-dc

The air pollution at some of the subway stops in Boston, NY, Philly, and DC are worse than the worst days in Beijing.

Not yet sure what the impact on riders is, they note.

But it can't be good!

barton

« Reply #1403 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:36 AM »

Back to the Bushes

President Joe Biden's actions against the oil and gas industry, including his cancelation of the Keystone XL Pipeline, have caused a "chilling effect" among the nation's energy workers...

Keystone pipe,  when completed,  will employ 34 people.   And almost all of them not in Texas.  Texas refineries get most of their crude from places other than Alberta.   This is,  again,  performative.   Protecting Texas  jobs would actually involve oil companies building their solar, wind,  geothermal divisions and shifting workers into those new jobs.   Because that's the future.

While Bush said he would like to give Biden the benefit of the doubt on the decision, the president has shut the energy industry out of having any meaningful discussions, so he believes "we're going to have to be in the courts to find redress."

Bush noted that Democrats also oppose Biden's move, including four party members in Texas's U.S. House delegation and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, a Biden supporter.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., has also asked Biden to change his decision.

Bush said Texas could lose 120,000 jobs through 2022 because of the suspension of new oil and gas leases, which could also lead to legal action.

Nonresponsive to my point about oil companies saving jobs by diversifying.   When 120,000 jobs are lost due to insufficient drilling leases,  that will be corporate shortsightedness, not Biden.   Horseshoe makers who didn't switch over their forges to making auto parts lost out because they didn't see the times a-changin'.   

barton

« Reply #1404 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:11 AM »

Bambu

This is the BIDEN forum

Sorry..."was" not a one-trick pony.

Bambi,  bottom of the national forums:  "Previous Administration" -- that's where Trump posts go.   Josh announced it,  a couple weeks ago.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 11, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »

I think UNO hangs out with Stephanie Ruhle

"The anthem story isnt even accurate"

Is that right?  Tell us more.

(Ms Ruhle railed today on how conservative outlets LED with the story)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1406 on: February 11, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »

I think UNO hangs out with Stephanie Ruhle

"The anthem story isnt even accurate"

Is that right?  Tell us more.

(Ms Ruhle railed today on how conservative outlets LED with the story)

The story is the then POTUS put out a hit on his VP in an attempt to overthrow the US republic.

Everything else is bullshit.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1407 on: February 11, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »

The question was “Is this America?”

The answer is, “Goddamn right this is America.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMTIjNroi8c

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #1408 on: February 11, 2021, 11:02:36 AM »

You are daft.

An actual fact,  an actual matter of public record,  will be reported in many mainstream news sources.   Putting up an editorial,  disguised as a straight news report,  is bad journalism and should be accepted by no one.   Try Reuters.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 11, 2021, 11:06:07 AM »

MS. Ruhle!!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 2929