Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653743 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2040 on: February 18, 2021, 01:58:11 AM »

No 1 radio host writes today:

Do you have your rakes ready for your forests? Fire season is right around the corner...

Fire season is just ending...autumn is soon.
Rained all summer, not a bushfire in sight on the East Coast.

Yes, China et al can't build coal-fired power stations fast enough.
So much for "Paris". lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:01:41 AM by bambu. »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 18, 2021, 02:16:48 AM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

What about if you put your head further up your ass than it already is?

#####

I am right-handed, my first language is English, and I can easily buy bandages to match my skin tone.
So I would have to step forward for shaming.
An accident of birth, but I must forever be ashamed.

The fact that you see it as shame speaks volumes.

LOL
According to them.

According to who?  Your #1 radio show host I am sure put that thought into your brain.

You think being given perspective is akin to shaming someone.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 18, 2021, 02:29:20 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/ron-desantis-vaccines/index.html

DeSantis is another one who I expect will be seeing jail time when all is said and done - not over his vaccine deal, which is pretty stinky, but over his blatant and bogus extortion effort: Support what I am doing or you will have your vaccines reduced.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 18, 2021, 02:30:16 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 18, 2021, 03:16:18 AM »

A lot of "the way they are" is due to white people's aggression including colonialism, Cold War competition, propping up dictators and strongmen, arm sales, CIA coups, sending in the Marines, wars, maplines corresponding to colonial control and not ethnic boundaries, etc.

That is, they were and continue to be jerked around and treated as pawns.

None of that is my fault either...so I'll be off sick the day the "Privilege Walk" comes to my place.

You don’t have a place to be off sick from, you thoroughly dependent useless mouth. Step forward if you think Sky news gives a fuck about the well being or best interests of slobs like you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 18, 2021, 03:29:17 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/02/17/gop-response-to-the-texas-winter-storms-steals-directly-from-trumps-sadistic-covid-19-playbook/

Contributing to republican election efforts is far more likely to lead directly to American deaths than cutting a check to ISIS. Consequently the penalty for contributing to republican causes should be proportionally more severe than an equal contribution to ISIS, which is also a terrorist organization and death cult of the same style and function as the American GOP.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: February 18, 2021, 03:30:52 AM »

Could be arriving soon.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.

#####

I am right-handed, my first language is English, and I can easily buy bandages to match my skin tone.

LOL
According to them.

According to who?  Your #1 radio show host I am sure put that thought into your brain.

Perspective?
Niiice.
Not what it seems to many people.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: February 18, 2021, 03:44:51 AM »

A lot of "the way they are" is due to white people's aggression including colonialism, Cold War competition, propping up dictators and strongmen, arm sales, CIA coups, sending in the Marines, wars, maplines corresponding to colonial control and not ethnic boundaries, etc.

That is, they were and continue to be jerked around and treated as pawns.

None of that is my fault either...so I'll be off sick the day the "Privilege Walk" comes to my place.

You don’t have a place to be off sick from, you thoroughly dependent useless mouth. Step forward if you think Sky news gives a fuck about the well being or best interests of slobs like you.

Never know, the management here could run a 'Privilege Walk'...we live in the age of 'anything could happen tomorrow'.

We were promised an age pension by the govt man if we worked until age 65 and paid our taxes.
If that hadn't been the case, we would not have spent money on tourism, new cars etc.
We would've lived our lives differently.
The system was changed, and now is age 70, for people born after a certain date...with employers paying 9% of a person's salary into a superannuation fund for them.
Theoretically in lieu of an age pension in retirement paid by the govt.
ie...pays them a wage plus ['9% super']. Unions want "12% super".
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:53:31 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 18, 2021, 03:51:54 AM »

"Facebook Launches Attack on Australia"  - Sky News

Facebook has 'unfriended Australia': PM

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has labelled Facebook's decision to ban Australian news from the platform as "arrogant" and "disappointing".

#####

People get their news from facebook?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:54:24 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 18, 2021, 04:35:49 AM »

Could be arriving soon.

#####

LOL
According to them.

Perspective?
Niiice.
Not what it seems to many people.

Who?  Name the people and since you are not at fault why are you so afraid of what they think?

It's not your fault you're white. You're lucky to have that going for you.  It's an attribute most people would choose if they could.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 18, 2021, 04:37:08 AM »

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has labelled Facebook's decision to ban Australian news from the platform as "arrogant" and "disappointing".

#####

You get it from the people facebook is banning lol.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 18, 2021, 04:40:27 AM »

"Space based solar is on the horizon".

"China is building a solar station in space."

#####

Some orbital thing above the clouds...will beam solar back to earth...or something like that.

I missed most of the sound but there was something on my news about Ford's matching GM's zero emissions from vehicles by 2035.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 18, 2021, 04:55:51 AM »

#####

You get it from the people facebook is banning lol.

Would I like to be Aboriginal in Australia?
No.
Doesn't mean I don't lobby for change and better for said people though.
Most of their problems today seem to stem from drugs, alcohol, domestic violence resulting from that.
Mining royalties don't seem to reach average joe in the form of improved facilities for Indigenous kids and jobs for adults...in very remote towns.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:03:30 AM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 18, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »

Could be arriving soon.

You should do the exercise. I have. It is a great way of helping you recognize how advantages in life put you ahead of the race from the outset. There is no shame or shaming involved, but recognition. It helps to understand the equity needs of marginalized communities. A worthy exercise for your public servants.

Of course, in your case, it would involve you looking backwards and.asking yourself, "If I started so far ahead why am I so far behind?" And then you would crawl back into your mother's basement, turn on your number 2 of a No. 1 radio host and console yourself with the thought that it is someone else's fault.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 2787