Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 2787

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653772 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2070 on: February 18, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

You should do the exercise. I have. It is a great way of helping you recognize how advantages in life put you ahead of the race from the outset. There is no shame or shaming involved, but recognition. It helps to understand the equity needs of marginalized communities. A worthy exercise for your public servants.

Of course, in your case, it would involve you looking backwards and.asking yourself, "If I started so far ahead why am I so far behind?" And then you would crawl back into your mother's basement, turn on your number 2 of a No. 1 radio host and console yourself with the thought that it is someone else's fault.

LOL
"Always blame the other guy" -   senior cop friend (deceased).
"Always have an excuse" - bambu

When I left high school...'everyone' in the country was white. ("The White Australia policy"). Aboriginal people mostly lived outside of cities and towns (the law).
No African gangs.
No Middle Eastern organised crime gangs.
No Asian triad organised crime gangs.

Plenty of White bullies and harassers in workplaces though.
Being a nice, polite, well-mannered, skinny, naive, White, not martial arts trained Christian boy...I started well behind, a sitting duck.
Used, abused, bullied, harassed, mocked by White males and later White women in the workplace, I feel I well and truly earned whatever I have today.
No "privilege walk" for me.

You still had a seat at the best table.  How much food you grabbed - that's all up to you.  But you were seated at the table.  Doesn't have to be the best seat.  You had every opportunity to improve your seating, because you had a seat to begin with.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:36:48 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 18, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/climate/texas-blackouts-disinformation.html

My state's power is 25% wind generated.   It didn't freeze up.   No blackouts.    Texas can do better,  if science and facts are leading,  rather than conservative propagandists.
The bottom line, again,is the most dependable sources are coal and nuclear , with help from wind, natural gas, and solar.

The sun beams down onto the earth 630 million joules of energy every HOUR.   That's 2000 Hiroshimas per second.   We captured 610 million joules of that energy PER YEAR.   Surely the bottom line is the future of civilization depends on harnessing the most efficient self-sustaining power source in the entire solar system.   If we want it we can do it.   You don't want to because it doesn't help your own bottom line.  You're anti-progress.

Most people are only a few pay packets away from the street.
People now employed in oil, coal, nuclear, wood-fired home heating industries etc simply cannot afford to lose those jobs without other jobs at the same salary being found for them to switch to.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:52:11 PM by bambu. »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 18, 2021, 02:55:01 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html

Ted Cruz went to Cancun, as Texas faced disaster.

Ted lost power in DC but he's still running.

away.

fucking fascist coward

Have a Coke and a smile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 18, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »

My state's power is 25% wind generated.   It didn't freeze up.   No blackouts.    Texas can do better,  if science and facts are leading,  rather than conservative propagandists.
The bottom line, again,is the most dependable sources are coal and nuclear , with help from wind, natural gas, and solar.

The sun beams down onto the earth 630 million joules of energy every HOUR.   That's 2000 Hiroshimas per second.   We captured 610 million joules of that energy PER YEAR.   Surely the bottom line is the future of civilization depends on harnessing the most efficient self-sustaining power source in the entire solar system.   If we want it we can do it.   You don't want to because it doesn't help your own bottom line.  You're anti-progress.
While you are “ doing it” we need nuclear and coal.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 18, 2021, 03:16:24 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-disaster-electricity-power-water/index.html

away.

fucking fascist coward

Have a Coke and a smile

kid I find you almost an endless source of amusement.

The optics of Cruz jetting to Cancun as his constituents are freezing and starving to death is part Trump part Marie Antoinette!

Let them HEAT cake! (But they need to stand in line for propane)

if You can't stand the cold get the fuck out of Dallas!

if you can't stand the HEAT get your ass back to Houston!

great fucking look for Cruz the fascist coward!

LMAO

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

You should do the exercise. I have. It is a great way of helping you recognize how advantages in life put you ahead of the race from the outset. There is no shame or shaming involved, but recognition. It helps to understand the equity needs of marginalized communities. A worthy exercise for your public servants.

Of course, in your case, it would involve you looking backwards and.asking yourself, "If I started so far ahead why am I so far behind?" And then you would crawl back into your mother's basement, turn on your number 2 of a No. 1 radio host and console yourself with the thought that it is someone else's fault.

LOL
"Always blame the other guy" -   senior cop friend (deceased).
"Always have an excuse" - bambu

When I left high school...'everyone' in the country was white. ("The White Australia policy"). Aboriginal people mostly lived outside of cities and towns (the law).
No African gangs.
No Middle Eastern organised crime gangs.
No Asian triad organised crime gangs.

Plenty of White bullies and harassers in workplaces though.
Being a nice, polite, well-mannered, skinny, naive, White, not martial arts trained Christian boy...I started well behind, a sitting duck.
Used, abused, bullied, harassed, mocked by White males and later White women in the workplace, I feel I well and truly earned whatever I have today.
No "privilege walk" for me.

You still had a seat at the best table.  How much food you grabbed - that's all up to you.  But you were seated at the table.  Doesn't have to be the best seat.  You had every opportunity to improve your seating, because you had a seat to begin with.

Speaking of seats at tables:
Team bambu was seated at the "others" table at one all  White folks office Christmas party.
The seating arrangements discovered by accident in a file on the desk of the Manager's secretary.
3 tables:
"First class citizens".
"Second class citizens"
"Others".
We "rejects" had a great night,  lol

(Deceased) Elba forum member Weezo once told me that I could no longer sit at the table but could only sit under the table (and have the 'crumbs'.) lol

So, because I wasn't born on a garbage dump in The Philippines, destined to live my entire life there...or wasn't born into grinding poverty in India etc...I must now do a walk of shame to find enlightenment.
Not in this lifetime.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 18, 2021, 03:39:49 PM »

People now employed in oil, coal, nuclear, wood-fired home heating industries etc simply cannot afford to lose those jobs without other jobs at the same salary being found for them to switch to.

Why can't these billion dollar energy companies A) pay their employees better wages and B) switch to a new source of energy and train their employees in that new technology? 

Stop being apologists and unpaid speakers for billionaire energy companies.  You know they pay the politicians and radio personalities you listen to don't you?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 18, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »

away.

fucking fascist coward

Have a Coke and a smile

The optics of Cruz jetting to Cancun as his constituents are freezing and starving to death is part Trump part Marie Antoinette!

LMAO
I'm taking the "under" on 24 hours for Cruz to blame the "attacks" on him as being part of "cancel culture".  I might even parlay that with his  rote condemnation of  "virtue signaling" but I might hold off on that part of the wager.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 18, 2021, 03:58:02 PM »

There is no good reason to let Ted Cruz back into the country.

If he wants to try to return, there is a cage at the border we can put him in until we figure out what the hell is going on.

The Texas energy market is in the hand of a criminal cartel that is a subsidiary of the virulent terrorist organization known as the republican party. Now they are terrorizing white people in their suburban McMansions as well as POC.

As pipes continue to burst in the walls, the values of those McMansions is rapidly approaching zero, destroying homeowner wealth, as is typical of republican administration and policy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 18, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22276788/covid-relief-bill-congress-stimulus-checks

Republicans have every opportunity to get on board.

Because they are crooked losers who hate this country, as they prove time and time again, they won’t.

It won’t slow progress, but it will cost republicans more seats in 2022.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 18, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

Why can't these billion dollar energy companies A) pay their employees better wages and B) switch to a new source of energy and train their employees in that new technology? 

Stop being apologists and unpaid speakers for billionaire energy companies.  You know they pay the politicians and radio personalities you listen to don't you?

I know that workers need a regular pay packet.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 18, 2021, 04:33:47 PM »

Now is the time we should be spending. Now is the time to go big...”

Joe Biden tonight

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/16/joe-biden-pitch-coronavirus-relief-plan-tonight-milwaukee/6752776002/

He's talking about relief Larry.

Not the laundry list of social programs that you pushed for pre-election.

for example tonight he shot down the lady on college debt forgiveness of $50k

Joe understands what I told you last June-this is a 50-50 world, and going smart was the key to building a consensus to keep Congress in '22 and the WH in '24.

Joe's smart agenda would be to

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

and not scare the crap out of the middle of the electorate who will determine if more social advances can be undertaken in '22-28.

If he's successful there, and the economy rebounds, there should be enough there to keep Congress in '22

Joe understand politics and policies, which is why he'll limit himself to go smart.

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

He understands politics and policy.

and practical.

and the $1.9T covid package is big but its what most americans want

-conquer covid
-relief for individuals and communities and small business
-jump start the economy
-O-care

But its nowhere near your indy-moderate scaring GO BIG package of social programs that would lose the '22 mid-terms for Joe and the Dems.

and thats what we discussed in late June

Joe understand its a 50-50 world and he's a moderate Dem who wants to protect his ass for '22 and '24 to keep congressional control

you did not.

But feel free to keep on moving the goal posts and posting intentionally misleading posts
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 18, 2021, 04:44:58 PM »

As Lindsey Graham explained to the foxnews audience the other day, the republicans are a party of lightweights with no ideas, allowing trump to still dominate. They will have to shape up and play nice with Democrats if they want to hold on to any of their currently shrinking 30% support.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 18, 2021, 04:46:00 PM »

away.

fucking fascist coward

Have a Coke and a smile

LMAO
I'm taking the "under" on 24 hours for Cruz to blame the "attacks" on him as being part of "cancel culture".  I might even parlay that with his  rote condemnation of  "virtue signaling" but I might hold off on that part of the wager.

Ted's cruise proves he truly is an ROUS.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 2787