Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 2687

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 493242 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2355 on: February 22, 2021, 08:41:37 PM »

Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele said Monday that conservatives who do not wish to be part of the party without former President Trump leading it are free to leave.

"You have 46 percent of the folks saying they will follow Trump," Steele said Monday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I'm like, OK, there's the door. Y'all go do your thing, and we'll just pick up the pieces on this side and keep moving. And that's the battle."

Steele was referring to a new Suffolk University-USA Today poll released Sunday that found 46 percent of Republicans would abandon the GOP and join a Trump party if the former president decided to create one.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/539924-former-rnc-chair-to-republicans-looking-for-new-trump-party-theres-the

Wishful thinking indeed

I dont think either of the groups is stupid enough to BOTH run against the Democrats

2-3 years is a long tiime to sort things out
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 22, 2021, 08:45:03 PM »

They’ll be going after each other good and hard while the Democrats go about getting the people’s work done.

The primaries next cycle should be a blast among the decompensating GOP.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 22, 2021, 08:45:19 PM »

Do you think that District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs of South Carolina would be a qualified addition to the Court?

This can help you decide: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/JMichelleChilds-PublicQuestionnaire.pdf

Thanks for the link.

After serving the State Gov as Deputy Director of labor relations, they put her on the S.C. Circuit court in ‘06. She got to the federal bench in ‘09 where she continues to serve with distinction.

She gets extra points for her work on the Woods case.

I will happily abide by her decisions once she is installed on the Supreme Court.

Stephen Breyer needs to go play golf, first. And do you think anyone else is as qualified, if not more so, as Childs?

Well....

Biden limited himself for the choice by stating ahead of time it would be a black woman

Not unlike Trump, who wanted a woman.  Difference being that Ms Coney Barrett was already ON the short list before the "woman" statement was made.

Yeah - the black woman thing is real dumb.  This not saying she isnt excellent.  I wouldnt know.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 22, 2021, 08:54:19 PM »

Do you think that District Court Judge J. Michelle Childs of South Carolina would be a qualified addition to the Court?

This can help you decide: https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/JMichelleChilds-PublicQuestionnaire.pdf

Thanks for the link.

After serving the State Gov as Deputy Director of labor relations, they put her on the S.C. Circuit court in ‘06. She got to the federal bench in ‘09 where she continues to serve with distinction.

I will happily abide by her decisions once she is installed on the Supreme Court.

Stephen Breyer needs to go play golf, first. And do you think anyone else is as qualified, if not more so, as Childs?
What difference does that make? There has never been a SCOTUS justice who was not selected rejected except for demographic or political reasons.
FIFY
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:43:54 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 22, 2021, 09:02:26 PM »

"An election free from strong evidence of systemic fraud is not alone sufficient for election confidence," Justice Thomas wrote.

Ginni probably wrote it for Clarence.

Kid if there is no strong evidence of systemic election fraud, why would anyone attempt to undermine confidence in our elections?

IMO the strong evidence of fraud in our election system is the ongoing voter suppression actions undertaken by some states.

And I hope DoJ fights like hell to protect voters and their right to exercise their legal right to vote.

YMMV

"The decision to leave election law hidden beneath a shroud of doubt is baffling," he wrote. "By doing nothing, we invite further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 22, 2021, 09:16:10 PM »

Garland:  "I am committed to prosecuting white supremists and all others who attacked the Capitol"

Including this guy, Merrick?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/leftist-activist-arrested-after-capitol-riot-releasing-book/ar-BB1dUzZL?ocid=uxbndlbing

Remember according to Garland attacking a Federal Building at night can’t be domestic terrorism.
How politically convenient  a definition.
Mitch MCConnell was right on keeping that line of thinking off SCOTUS.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 22, 2021, 10:14:38 PM »

"An election free from strong evidence of systemic fraud is not alone sufficient for election confidence," Justice Thomas wrote.

Ginni probably wrote it for Clarence.

Kid if there is no strong evidence of systemic election fraud, why would anyone attempt to undermine confidence in our elections?

IMO the strong evidence of fraud in our election system is the ongoing voter suppression actions undertaken by some states.

And I hope DoJ fights like hell to protect voters and their right to exercise their legal right to vote.

YMMV

"The decision to leave election law hidden beneath a shroud of doubt is baffling," he wrote. "By doing nothing, we invite further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us."

Thomas had written, "there is no strong evidence of systemic election fraud."

The sad conclusion that Thomas dances around is that the shroud of doubt was a shroud woven by the lies told for years by the right and most recently by Trump and his band of stop the steal conspiracy theorists.

in over 60 court cases not one court found any election fraud.

Thomas could have gone a long way in lifting the shroud of doubt, and helping America heal, by telling the truth, and telling Trump's army of delusional and disaapointed supporters, "there was no steal, no fraud, and Biden won the 2020 election fair and square."

But rather he continued to weave one more strand in the shroud of lies and deceipt spun by the conspiratorial remnants of what was once a proud Republican party.

He is promoting the confusion.

By doing nothing, the SC affirmed by a non-partisan 6-3 vote, there was nothing to address.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:16:34 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 22, 2021, 10:59:03 PM »

what about out of court?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 22, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »

what about out of court?
I'm sure in Qanon circles, they remain convinced baby eating dems stole the election. What's are the delusions you are most comfortable spouting to your circle of paranoid sociopaths? SSDD

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 23, 2021, 12:10:09 AM »

Everybody knows that Baby Jesus stole the election from trump so the Devil will have to spend another thousand years gestating in Mitch McConnell’s throat.

I heard it on newswax. It must be true.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 23, 2021, 12:12:19 AM »

Garland:  "I am committed to prosecuting white supremists and all others who attacked the Capitol"

Including this guy, Merrick?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/leftist-activist-arrested-after-capitol-riot-releasing-book/ar-BB1dUzZL?ocid=uxbndlbing

Remember according to Garland attacking a Federal Building at night can’t be domestic terrorism.
How politically convenient  a definition.
Mitch MCConnell was right on keeping that line of thinking off SCOTUS.

Think about giving less credence to people who tilt at windmills.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »

Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele said Monday that conservatives who do not wish to be part of the party without former President Trump leading it are free to leave.

"You have 46 percent of the folks saying they will follow Trump," Steele said Monday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I'm like, OK, there's the door. Y'all go do your thing, and we'll just pick up the pieces on this side and keep moving. And that's the battle."

Steele was referring to a new Suffolk University-USA Today poll released Sunday that found 46 percent of Republicans would abandon the GOP and join a Trump party if the former president decided to create one.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/539924-former-rnc-chair-to-republicans-looking-for-new-trump-party-theres-the

Wishful thinking indeed

I dont think either of the groups is stupid enough to BOTH run against the Democrats

2-3 years is a long tiime to sort things out

You don't think there are enough stupid people in the GOP for such a thing to happen? Interesting.

But, it's happened before. See "Bull Moose Party". The cult of personality that surrounded TR, and his enormous ego being unable to be reigned in, gave America Woodrow Wilson as POTUS, which ultimately meant his wife became the first woman president (read about it, kid, before you comment further).

Watch what happens at CPAC. Trump going, Pence staying home is just another example of the widening fissure within the party .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:20:02 AM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: February 23, 2021, 09:17:21 AM »

Thanks for the link.

Well....

Biden limited himself for the choice by stating ahead of time it would be a black woman

Not unlike Trump, who wanted a woman.  Difference being that Ms Coney Barrett was already ON the short list before the "woman" statement was made.

Yeah - the black woman thing is real dumb.  This not saying she isnt excellent.  I wouldnt know.

It's not dumb, if he already had her in mind.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 2687