Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2718

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 499067 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2460 on: February 25, 2021, 07:31:28 AM »

NY Times  columnist Nicholas Kristoff on USA school closings.

It’s a tragedy we haven’t really confronted.

Many Democrats seemed to be more suspicious of in-person schooling last summer when President Donald Trump called for it.
We shouldn’t let ourselves be driven by ideology rather than science."

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 25, 2021, 10:05:09 AM »

Red never connects the dots to the multitude of tragedies associated with Trump's inept and dishonest mismanagement of the covid virus.

its much easier to blame Dems for trying to contain a wildly spreading virus by closing schools.

Was Red irked when I (and others) suggested last summer if we as a nation quarantined for 6 weeks and sacrificed our summer, we could open schools by mid-late September?

No, he was probably railing about freedom from wearing masks in bars and restaurants, and attending super-spreaders like the huge Sturges bike rally. Which led to another covid surge.

Red is unable to accept the core factors why our children and grand-children are also victims of Trump's lies which will likely carry long-term consequences. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:07:06 AM by bankshot1 »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 25, 2021, 12:02:41 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1364981585179602944

The column he links to is one of the sharpest takes on climate politics I've ever seen.   

Well worth one of your three free articles or whatever the NYT is currently offering nonsubscribers.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 25, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »

Sorry, I know this wasnt addressed at me....

Red is unable to accept the core factors why our children and grand-children are also victims of Trump's lies which will likely carry long-term consequences.

The potential (as it wont affect all young people) "long term consequences" for children are from not attending school.

Trump wanted the schools OPEN

Thus your connection is puzzling.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »

it's also quite interesting that the same folks on the side of every racial issue that would be considered anti-minority, anti-immigrant would be against getting these kids back in school, when it has been widely circulated that they (minorities) are the ones most affected.

But...whatever fits the politics of the day, I guess.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 25, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »

Kid, you have proven yourself a vacant idiot prone to spreading opinions both baseless and dangerous.

The virus loads in the nostrils of children are found to be higher than those in adults. The most common means of spread is from aerosolized exhalations that hang in the air for hours distributing themselves throughout enclosed spaces.

Inoculate all staff, inspect all buildings and retrofit almost all since very few are safe, and you can do a risky reopening.

If vaccines pass approval for children, schooling can look more like it did before Covid more quickly.

Your slavish and moronic support for an illiterate impostor “president” has cost a generation of American children lasting developmental harm, bringing them closer to the level you and your ridiculous and evil god-emperor operate on. It’s a crime neither of you will ever live down. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 25, 2021, 01:13:54 PM »

Sorry, I know this wasnt addressed at me....

The potential (as it wont affect all young people) "long term consequences" for children are from not attending school.

Trump wanted the schools OPEN

Thus your connection is puzzling.

From my understanding children can get infected and pass on the infection, but for the most part do not get really sick from the disease. So closing schools to stop the spread of the disease to parents, grand-parents, teachers and others did not seem an unreasonable approach to stopping the spread of a highly contagious disease that spread to tens of millions of Americans. It seemed a prudent action to stop the spread.

Trump is a serially liar, who only cares about himself. anything he said about covid is best viewed through that prism. He wanted to pretend everything was normal to promote his re-election, even as tthousands of Americans were dieing evey day.  He was indifferent to the plight of most Americans.

The connection between Trump and covid should not be puzzling.

The covid related deaths of 600,000 or more along with his attempted coup will be his shame to own forever.

I hope that clears up your confusion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 01:16:22 PM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #2467 on: February 25, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »

Is there a reason,  other than 45s talent for getting himself talked about,  why the previous POTUS keeps being discussed here,  rather than in the Previous Admin forum where it belongs.   Could MOD please enforce on-topic posting?  I notice participation has dropped here,  partly due to some of us are in THIS thread to discuss its actual topic:  Joe Biden and his administration.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 25, 2021, 01:40:45 PM »

heh

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 25, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »

Is there a reason,  other than 45s talent for getting himself talked about,  why the previous POTUS keeps being discussed here,  rather than in the Previous Admin forum where it belongs.   Could MOD please enforce on-topic posting?  I notice participation has dropped here,  partly due to some of us are in THIS thread to discuss its actual topic:  Joe Biden and his administration.

Biden’s main job is to halt and reverse the perverse deviant corrosive effect the republican party’s fanaticism, sadism, and voracious greed has on The United States. The resources, energy, and good ideas are already here. The obstacle is the zombie confederacy. The leader of the zombie confederacy, and briefly through his coup, the country was the rat bastard you mention. Just as posts about him bleed through the forum boundaries, the consequences of his fetid works of self aggrandizing sabotage bleed across into this current administration.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #2471 on: February 25, 2021, 02:03:30 PM »

A fair point.   I'm just weary of talking about the malignant lying corrupt fuckwit, or rehashing the fact that he is a malignant lying corrupt fuckwit.   But, yes,  the dismantling of his dumbfuckery in a major workload for Joe.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 25, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »

heh - again

Whoopi Goldberg mentioned today about Biden's administration having "a lot of complicated messes to clean up from the previous administration".

What, exactly?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 25, 2021, 02:25:10 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 25, 2021, 02:28:06 PM »

Fry's Electronics is closing permanently, it sucks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/business/frys-electronics-pandemic.html

A lot of businesses will not survive the corona crisis.

And we were already losing jobs to China, etc, and many stores have closed over the last 30 years.

I worked at The Broadway department store that closed in 1996, it was sad to see it close, we were a great store, The Broadway was great, we had great stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Broadway

Lots of great stores are gone, and many will not survive the corona crisis. We need to work hard to create new stores and to save the great stores that are worth saving. We need to get money into the hands of the store owners so that they can stay in business, and so that they can open new stores, etc. And we need for the young people to be able to get business loans and financing, etc, to open new stores, etc.

We need for the financial sector in New York City to help the USA by getting money into the hands of entrepreneurs and business people so that people can open new stores, etc, and we need for the U.S. Government to give people tax breaks because of the corona crisis, etc, and we need emergency funding for businesses, etc.

There is a lot that needs to be done in order to help the USA.

And business is fun, it is fun to do business, so people can have fun while they are saving the USA, and as people build they can build great things, every chance to build is the chance to build something great. People need to have fun, and people need to build great things.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2718