Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 2771

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 591568 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3150 on: March 08, 2021, 07:12:37 PM »

Wow British royals sound more racist and petty than any American prez. Give it to them Meghan and Harry.

Dont know what the expansive graphics is about. Tens of millions ready to make homelessness much worse in the near future.

Their wedding cost $8m.
She was welcomed into the family.
There are two sides to the sparkle story.
She said a lot of things...for 2 hours.
Seems to many people ringing my radio today, that she left a lot of things out...including her behaviour.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: March 08, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3152 on: March 08, 2021, 07:21:13 PM »

The racial justice idea that is popular with more than 60% of Americans is in the name of defeating terrorists rooting out white supremacy where it lives, legislates, worships, broadcasts, or wears a badge. 

This should be front and center in the do it now Smart batch of Biden policies.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: March 08, 2021, 07:28:27 PM »

Lookingback...

Bank called Larry a bull shitter (I guess this doesnt mean liar)

Bank also accused Larry of playing the race card

Yeah, but Larry plays the race card so often, it's like the boy calling wolf.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: March 08, 2021, 07:34:54 PM »

For those so interested in right or wrong and context
At this point, other than the participants, that is FUCKING NOBODY.

I posted what was actually at the core of an argument, that took place 9 months ago, and for all intents and purposes over, BUT that for reasons unknown Larry insisted on relitigating.

You hinge your whole hissy fit on the mistaken proposition that BLM protests center entirely around George Floyd rather than on racist policing and government policy more broadly. That tiny warped lens may lend some internal coherence to your tantrum by making chronology central to your objection, but it has cost you accurate vision, perspective, and the ability to see the big picture.

People were in the streets in 2020 for exactly the same reason that Kaep and so many others took knees in 2016.

Fac there was no hissy fit. I just dealt directly and honestly with Larry's intentional bullshit meant to mislead this forum.

And Fac my warped lens can keep several items in sharp and precise focus.

I focused specifically on the  achievable Dem goals in a 50-49 political world and I posted what they were and why they should be focused.

I'm still waiting for you to re-examine your shopping list of 15-20 big social issues that you wanted Biden to achieve ASAP.

But you might want to overlay your shopping list in a 50-49 world. And see what's doable or affordable without scaring the shit out of the voters.

I then focused specifically on the misleading bullshit when Larry decided to evade a topical discussion and revist and reopen and re-bullshit this forum about his intentionally misealding off-topic post.

And I posted his lies verbatim.

And he doubled down on them again today.

He stands by them!!

You want to believe them, that's fine with me.

I'm sure you think you see the big picture but its out of focus and blurred and has little bearing to reality.

perhaps you would be better off with a tighter focus, and a smaller f-stop to see more clearly.

And perhaps you should take your head out of your ass.

I imagine the lighting is pretty tough in there.

Say CHEESE!

LMAO.

Apparently, you've been eating your Wheaties, banks. Spot on rebuttal to the leftist.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: March 08, 2021, 07:42:06 PM »

There was no intention to mislead. I MADE A FUCKING ERROR posting an article (Uh-huh-, sure, that's what you say, NOW) to support my assertion America had missed  chance to listen to peaceful protest(Listening to peaceful protest has happened exactly when in US history?) and as result there was protester in the streets. (Just one protestor? No wonder America didn't listen!)

It's good you admit a mistake. But admit the mistake you made. You made a mistake of saying you didn't make a mistake before you admitted that mistakes were made. The John Kerry "I was for the war before I was against it" trick doesn't usually work.

Ollie North has more credibility than you do.

Lordy!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: March 08, 2021, 07:43:06 PM »

Wow British royals sound more racist and petty than any American prez. Give it to them Meghan and Harry.

Dont know what the expansive graphics is about. Tens of millions ready to make homelessness much worse in the near future.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7870884/furious-kate-middleton-meghan-markle/

Clashing wives of Princes William and Harry had an explosive row before Meghan's wedding after she was rude to one of Kate's staff.

MEGHAN Markle is at the centre of a new royal row over allegations Kate warned her about speaking rudely to staff.
Sources claimed the Duchess of Cambridge told Meghan not to berate members of her team at Kensington Palace.

https://britishheritage.com/royals/meghan-markle-wedding-tiara-queen-elizabeth

A new book reveals how Queen Elizabeth and the Duchess of Sussex fought over a tiara just ahead of Meghan Markle’s wedding to Prince Harry in 2018.

Meghan reportedly wanted to wear an emerald tiara, but the Queen had selected a diamond tiara that had been worn by her grandmother, Queen Mary, in 1932.
According to a royal insider, Queen Elizabeth is said to have told Prince Harry that “Meghan cannot have whatever she wants. She gets what tiara she's given by me.”

#####

'Me' the Queen, the Monarch.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/14253987/truth-prince-harry-what-meghan-markle-wants-outburst/

PALACE staff have revealed what really happened when Prince Harry told them “what Meghan wants, Meghan gets."

The Duke of Sussex reportedly ‘shouted’ at royal dresser Angela Kelly when the tiara Meghan had planned on wearing for the wedding could not be produced for an unscheduled hair appointment.

And insiders have revealed the truth about the incident, claiming that staff were happy to accommodate the Duchess’ needs in order to please the prince.
Speaking to the Telegraph, one aide said: “Everyone wanted her to be happy because they knew that would make him happy.

"Do whatever it takes to make it work for Meghan was the mantra. We all cared deeply about Harry.

“Contrary to this idea that they weren't supported, we were going to great lengths to accommodate their needs."

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: March 08, 2021, 07:43:21 PM »

Bankshot on isle one. Call Servpro.

"isle one"?

Is that in the Phillipines?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: March 08, 2021, 07:48:16 PM »

I evoke skidmarks and hissy fits to mark where you as a normally interesting and reasonable poster get into a rut frozen in substance and increasing in nastiness. Larry has over what seems like months repeatedly owned up to thinking the Kaep article was more current when he posted it. You won that fine point a long time ago. Can you now move on to the fact that it was out there for years not months or weeks or days, as Larry first thought, only amplifies the point of how badly missed were clear opportunities to address Black lives mattering and bad policing, well before protests were organized last summer?

I’ve prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three. Jobs is an infrastructure package, a long build and fight. Terrorism now means attacking the GOP nexus of evil with its proud boy 3%er face. HR1 is the third leg. This means moving two big pieces a year through Congress through whatever contortions to the system make it possible, investigating GOP criminality and malfeasance in the space between. The borderline priority is healthcare costs, polling at 58%. It’s worth doing this cycle given enough time and prevailing winds.

Progress on the many other priorities can for now happen in the realm of appointments, rules, and other areas of executive discretion such as reasonably and beneficially applying existing law.

Fac I was done with Larry's 2016-BLM-2020 post 9 months ago. I thought the bullshit was thoroughly discussed then. And it was filed.

But for reasons less than crystal clear, Larry revisited the issue yesterday out of the blue.

It wasn't me. 

I just bludgeoned him with his bullshit. again.

Larry has an averion to admitting his mistakes.

I'm glad that you've, to quote, "prioritized my policy preferences to line them up with popularity. Jobs, Terrorism, elections are the top three"

Without diving too deep (and I don't want to upset Bo, LMAO) it sounds like you've re-ordered and adopted, for lack of a better term, a GO SMART" agenda that might be more achievable than your original GO BIG wish list of 15-20 social programs, that are likely far too ambitious and politically risky pre '22 elections. 

perhaps you should discuss this with Larry.

and say CHEESE!
https://images.app.goo.gl/pm7j2XmYEET5EeH56

Its funny that a lawyer has a problem with someone making a case that is supported by facts and reason.

Go figure

Don't worry about him. He's just trying to be relevant, which has happened since before Steve Sommers joined WFAN. The the Lazy Crazy JD from AZ hasn't brought anything to the table in here for decades. His posts are filled with snark, snide and sneer, but contain nothing that actually opens a conversation or is worth any of your time.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: March 08, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »

yawnnnnnn.....................

Josh - do something.

If you can't stomach the game, go play somewhere else.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: March 08, 2021, 07:51:49 PM »

Perhaps you should give up the idea that the black vote is Jesus to the Democratic Party's future. Try to think a little more, uh, multiculturally.

Without the black vote in this cycle Trump is the fucking president and the democracy we love would soon be dead.

Biden doesn't win the primary if Black voters don't save his ass.

Black voters swung the districts in MI, PA, WI and GA that got Joe th EC.

(Stop the steal!)

Black voters won two Senate races n GA.

GA GOP knows this because they're busy rewriting the rules they themselves wrote.

We are talking about the future, Larry.

Im talking about right the fuck now.

Then you're lost.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 08, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/03/congress-presidency-and-difficulty-majority-rule/618183/

A propos of the 50/50 chat here.   

Following the presidency of Donald Trump, some in Congress are ready for a new round of rebalancing. But any project of reform needs to take something into account: Congress is no bargain either as a representative institution.

Look what happened this past week with the proposal to raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour. The party that won the 2020 election campaigned on such a raise. The majority leadership in both the House and the Senate supported it. The president wants to sign it. Almost 60 percent of the public backs it.

Yet it will not happen as part of the COVID-19 relief bill. Plans have also collapsed to impose tax penalties on large companies that do not pay their employees at least $15.

If a raise in the federal minimum wage does not happen now, it will not happen soon. Despite the overall unpopularity of the post-Trump Republican Party, it is favored to retake the House of Representatives in 2022, because elections to the House systematically overrepresent Republican votes....   

Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 08, 2021, 07:58:56 PM »

banks, in my very first oral argument I was.dead benched - that is, none of the 3 judges asked any questions. With five minutes left, I decided to go back over some of my more slient points. One OF the judges stopped me. "Mr. Boswell" he said, "If you used you full 15 minutes, would you say anything you have not already said?" "No", I admitted. "Then don't you think you should just sit down?"

If you have not made your case by now you never will. Please do not.turn this into a copy of the American League forum, with day after day with pages of posts dedicated to a dick measuring contest.

Boz the case was made 9 months ago
Then why are you still making it?
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 08, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »

If you want to win again, you're going to need those white folks in the suburbs:

Democrats passed an unapologetically progressive stimulus bill through the Senate this weekend, one that Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has called “the most significant piece of legislation to benefit working families in the modern history of this country.”

This bill would not be on the brink of becoming law if Democrats did not have a governing trifecta in the White House, the Senate, and the House. And that trifecta in turn would not have been possible were it not for the defection into the Democratic column of a particular, and perhaps surprising, demographic: suburban whites with college degrees.

These voters, once a reliably Republican constituency, switched in large numbers in 2018, handing Democrats decisive House seats in places like California’s Orange County. In 2020, they helped elevate Joe Biden to the White House by turning out for him in places like Pennsylvania’s Montgomery County.

Despite the obvious political benefits of the suburban shift, some on the broader left see it as a Pyrrhic victory, one that will produce a Democratic Party that is inhospitable to working-class voters and that, as a result, embraces a policy agenda that favors the interests of the wealthy.

“If the future of the Democratic Party is in the rich suburbs, the future of American politics is another long Gilded Age,” Princeton historian Matt Karp writes in Jacobin. “A political agenda fixated on turning affluent suburbs blue is capable of building neither a stable long-term majority nor a policy blueprint worthy of the progressive mantle,” Lily Geismer and Matthew Lassiter, two scholars of suburban politics, wrote in the New York Times in 2018.

But a funny thing happened over the past few years: As Democrats made inroads into the suburbs, they also became more progressive on economics.

Consider President Biden’s economic policy agenda.

President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and National Economic Council Director Brian Deese receive an economic briefing from Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on March 5. Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images
To date, it is almost certainly the most left-leaning since Lyndon Johnson’s. The stimulus is more than twice the size of the one passed by President Obama’s majority in 2009, and includes (among other progressive priorities) $1,400 checks for tens of millions of Americans and a generous child tax credit. His broader legislative agenda includes a $2 trillion climate change plan, a public option for health care, and a plan to expand Section 8 housing vouchers that would radically reduce the poverty rate. This ambitious program would be paid for primarily by deficit spending and tax hikes on corporations and Americans making over $400,000 per year.

Some leading political scientists and Democratic pollsters see this agenda as perfectly consistent with an influx of college-educated white suburbanites — for the simple reason that this demographic has, in recent years, become much more progressive on economic issues than it was in the past.

“Voters in suburban Philly and Chicago are very liberal now. These are formerly Republican places and they elect liberal representatives,” says David Shor, a prominent Democratic data analyst. “Educated voters consume lots of media and see things in ideological terms. And they’re just kind of swapping one set of ideology for the other.”

Shor’s assessment is backed by detailed public opinion data, voting patterns in state referenda on policies like Medicaid expansion, and even international comparisons. The Biden administration isn’t misreading the politics of its coalition but accurately reflecting it.

The most persuasive academic research suggests this is a function of rising partisanship. In our highly polarized system, supporters of a political party tend to support its entire policy package rather than only parts. This effect is stronger among educated voters, who are more likely to pay attention to elite policy discourse and adjust their beliefs accordingly.

In the academic literature on democracy and redistribution, there’s a distinction between “materialist” politics — in which voters tend to vote for progressive parties based on their financial and class interests — and “post-materialist” politics, in which voters for these parties are driven by support for things like same-sex marriage and environmental regulation.

Keep reading here:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22256052/democrats-white-suburban-voters-economy

Joe knows what's going on. Those of us who are educated and continue to seek education see that. That's why he has our support.

Don't fuck it up with your whiny uber-leftist bullshit.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 08, 2021, 08:08:20 PM »

banks, in my very first oral argument I was.dead benched - that is, none of the 3 judges asked any questions. With five minutes left, I decided to go back over some of my more slient points. One OF the judges stopped me. "Mr. Boswell" he said, "If you used you full 15 minutes, would you say anything you have not already said?" "No", I admitted. "Then don't you think you should just sit down?"

If you have not made your case by now you never will. Please do not.turn this into a copy of the American League forum, with day after day with pages of posts dedicated to a dick measuring contest.

Boz the case was made 9 months ago
Then why are you still making it?

Larry appealed the June 2020 decision.

He copped a plea earlier today.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 2771