Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763890 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3570 on: March 12, 2021, 09:12:37 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 12, 2021, 09:15:52 PM »

In Sleepy Joe’s speech last night he made the head scratching comparison that Covid deaths totaled more than all the US Deaths in WWI,WWII, Vietnam, and 911.
Not only was he factually wrong the whole context was meaningless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: March 12, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »

Now the so-called "elitist eco-warriors" seem out to have wood fires banned ...in my world...and maybe soon in everyone else's world;

Texans who were caught in the freezing cold recently, including those who had to chop up their furniture and burn it to keep warm...might not be amused.
Same with those in my world living in freezing cold but no-snow areas...and in the mountains etc.

Vikki Campion: Wood heating under threat from elitist eco-warriors

To ban wood heating as the cost of electricity ratchets up, and access to affordable power is broken by renewables zealots, fails the first law of government, Vikki Campion writes.

Being poor does not cut it anymore, now you must also be cold.

We now have an urban politician, who won his safe seat under the guise of being a Liberal [Conservative], telling us that we cannot use the first renewable source of fuel to keep warm. From the dawn of time, we have burned twigs and logs.

Suffering Guyra’s July mean minimum temperature of about zero degrees with no wood heating, delivers a two-person household a quarterly electricity bill of about $1600. Firewood, meanwhile, is free to cut – or about $150 a tonne to buy.

To ban wood heating as the cost of electricity ratchets up, and access to affordable power is broken by renewables zealots and carpetbag investors, fails the first law of government.
To add to the indignity, renewables-only electricity will likely blackout when you need it most. This is when demand is high – either on a cold, still night with no sun shining and no wind blowing, or blowing a gale and snowing.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 12, 2021, 09:39:12 PM »

In Sleepy Joe’s speech last night he made the head scratching comparison that Covid deaths totaled more than all the US Deaths in WWI,WWII, Vietnam, and 911.

Red's trying hard to belittle Biden's use of comping covid deaths versus deaths in WW1 WW2 Viet Nam and 911, Red seems to think its important. I'm not sure why, The US death #s are pretty close from covid of about 530,000 (and still increasing) whether you compare them to either battle field deaths (about 500,000) or all war-related deaths (600,000).

What he also ignores is the 530,000 who died of the disease in 1-year's time.

And what he will never acknowledge is the context and that the context was created by former President Donald Numb-Nuts Trump, in that he bragged he was a wartime president fighting covid. However putting Trump's swagger aside, his deriliction of duty, his lies and cowardice under fire, his incompetence and his deserting his people in their time of need will likely lead to well over 600,000 deaths.

Trump lost the war through lies and incompetence and killed at least 530,000 people.

And Red's an idiot.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:41:12 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: March 12, 2021, 09:41:20 PM »

Your life is meaningless darling, except for the pain you cause.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3575 on: March 12, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »

I still don’t get the crux of this disagreement.

I said winning the election would present 5he opportunity to go big.

I have to give bullet points?

This is the second biggest piece of legislation in history.

It’s big.

Period.

People gonna feel it where they live.

Republicans say no and bitch about cancel culture.

Dems:

“We’re the government and we’re not gonna fuck you!”

The Reagan Era is officially over.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3576 on: March 12, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »

As far as making my arguments meet your specifications, Fuck You.

I won’t feed your fetish.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: March 12, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »

Refreshing:

Mother of man executed in Applebee’s apologizes to killer’s family at sentencing
https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0YspJNtU?s=a99&pd=050kNjqa
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: March 12, 2021, 09:58:25 PM »

Red's trying hard to belittle Biden's use of comping covid deaths versus deaths in WW1 WW2 Viet Nam and 911, Red seems to think its important. I'm not sure why, The US death #s are pretty close from covid of about 530,000 (and still increasing) whether you compare them to either battle field deaths (about 500,000) or all war-related deaths (600,000).

And what he will never acknowledge is the context and that the context was created by former President Donald Numb-Nuts Trump, in that he bragged he was a wartime president fighting covid. However putting Trump's swagger aside, his deriliction of duty, his lies and cowardice under fire, his incompetence and his deserting his people in their time of need will likely lead to well over 600,000 deaths.

Trump lost the war through lies and incompetence and killed at least 530,000 people.

And Red's an idiot.

Broken record

Scratched

Warped

Etc
Etc
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: March 12, 2021, 10:00:48 PM »

I still don’t get the crux of this disagreement.

I said winning the election would present 5he opportunity to go big.

I have to give bullet points?

This is the second biggest piece of legislation in history.

It’s big.

Period.

People gonna feel it where they live.

Republicans say no and bitch about cancel culture.

Dems:

“We’re the government and we’re not gonna fuck you!”

The Reagan Era is officially over.

Yes Larry $1.9T is a lot of money.

that not the issue.

I expected Biden's covid-relief plan was going to br huge. I didn't know how huge, but huge.

We were talking about the issues and policiesBiden was to adopt in his first 2 years.

I gave several exapmples domestic and foreign.

You offered no specifics.

Larry for months you screamed "GO BIG" on social policies but when pressed over and over to define what GO BIG meant you never did (FAC did though and gave about 20 examples of GO BIG policies).

And you never commented on this definition so I assumed you accepted it

you would not define or defend what you were arguing for.

I explained why GO BIG as I best understood it, was dangerous for Dems in '22 and '24 as it might alienate the mod and indy voters who would be critical for Dems in the '22 or the '24 elections. And the repubs would weaponize the issues, as they did with "defund the police" which probably cost te Dems about 10 House seats in '20.

Your rebuttal was never more than "a variation of GO BIG with no specifity.

If your answer was a high school civics essay it you would have received a gentleman's D.

Let it go.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:14:06 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: March 12, 2021, 10:07:48 PM »

And Red's an idiot.

Broken record

Scratched

Warped

Etc
Etc

I gave my records (circa 1965-75) to my daughter, she loved them scratchs and all. And so far they seem to have aged pretty well.

My point about Commander in Chief Biden and CIC Trump is accurate.

Red is full of shit in any context you chose.

Kid whaddya figure, if Trump was really a wartime President for WW1 WW2 VietNam or 911 would we be speaking, German Japanese, Viet Namese or Arabic?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: March 12, 2021, 10:34:58 PM »

Instead of raising taxes on the wealthy people, I would rather see the working people paid fair. Instead of the money going to the government, I would rather see the money go to the hard working people. I support unions and wage scales, and prevailing wages, etc. Instead of making the government fatter, I would rather see the workers who are living in their cars be able to buy a house and raise a family. Instead of raising taxes, we need to raise wages.

Salute,

Tony V. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: March 12, 2021, 11:10:36 PM »

"Joe was a nice combo of competence, compassion, caring and a shit-ton of cash."

With a big, bold vision of the future.

Yes he does Larry.

But to see that vision realized he understands he has to win elections in '22 and '24 and not scare the voters with either visions he may have nor visions others may have.

I think Joe, even with old eyes, can still focus on what's in front of him.

we'll see.

Yeah.

He is fundamentally transforming the nation.

How do you win midterms in 2022?

You put forth legislation the nation wants and no republican voted for.

Larry we are in the process now of finding out what the nation wants, I'd suggest and have suggested to you several times, the nation is not as monolithic nor as liberal as you seem to believe it is. IMO the US, from sea to shining sea and all the red states in the middle, is more moderate than the world you see.

IMO the nation wanted to get better from covid, stop hiding under the bed, get kids back in school, get back to work, maybe go out to eat once in awhile, watch the kids or grand kids play sports, have a BBQ or plan next Thanksgiving, In essence get back to normal ASAP. And IMO thats where we are getting to now, and will be IMO for awhile.

I don't know if Joe has transformed anything yet. But he delivered compassion, caring and cash to a nation that needs help and from a government that gives a shit about the people.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets,

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't. 

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that.

YMMV

Monolithic and liberal?

Yeah.

That’s exactly what I think.

Go back to sleep and snuggle up with my June Pipe Dream

Larry you've been screaming "GO BIG" for the past year, as if GO BIG was a one-size fits all.

I asked you several times to define your terms during our discussion and met with limited sucess, while at the same time providing you with my reccomendations for a GO SMART agenda.
But to be fair FAC provided a long list of GO BIGS programs (about 15-20) that you never disagreed with, so I used them as rough proxy for a LEFT-GO BIG social agenda.

And FAC recently moved off his original list to reordered his priorities to more close resemble what may be achievable in the current political world. 

In any case, I was specific as to what I thought critical for Bidens first two years in office.

He needed to push programs that America wanted and needed and that were popular to give him momentum into '22.

I'm not going to repeat myself but the current ARP focuses on pretty much what I suggested last June.

Containing covid, boosting the economy, helping the poor and working and middle classes, fixing O-care, aide to cities-healthcare-jobs

and it also included a lot of bacon, because everyone, even Mitch likes bacon.

He'll steal a 6 slices but bitch that its too fatty, then he'll steal 6 more slices.

In any case, don't blame me for your lack of specficity as to GO BIG and if it leads some to conclude you favor a left-leaning one-size fits all solution

YOU JUST HOLLERED GO BIG AS IF THAT MEANT SOMETHING.

And it didn't.

I understand slogans can be far more persuasive than specifics and Larry you're BIG on slogans and were very short on specifics

And Larry they're your pipe dreams from June, and I told you that back then.

btw, smoking's not good for your health so lay off the pipe

as to utley he's free to post what he likes, one day he's playful, the other 6 he's nasty, but if you get too close he may nip, he's a biter

And whether you chose to LMAO or ACHTUNG that's ts up to you.

I prefer LMAO

Enjoy your self, Banks.

I'm done

Hell of a rebuttal Larry.

And Larry you were done a long time ago, you just didn't know it.

And Larry, Brooks is almost right.

The transformational president was Trump, and what Americans learned during those 4 years, was an it was an ugly tranformation, one that most decent Americans couldn't stomache, that ate away at who we needed to be as a people to succeed as a country.

and Joe is helping us get back to a decency and a dignity we all need ASAP.

Whether he becomes truly transformative remains to be seen.

The white haired guy giving gifts to everyone is generally associated with Santa not the POTUS
A perfect opportunity to let it die, but noooooo.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: March 12, 2021, 11:15:03 PM »

Since you always claim to know my work history why don’t you share it with the forum?

Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Got hired. Got fired. Unemployable.

Lived off spousal income.

Life insurance policy & government assistance.

The end.

have a good day, Larry.

You credit him for quite a few jobs

Larry's attitude moved him from place to place.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: March 12, 2021, 11:22:42 PM »

The Floyd "family" shakes down Minneapolis for $27 million.

The taxpayers are on the hook for the actions of one man and 3 standbys.

Why?

Sue them, not the city.

Oh, yeah. They don't have any money.

In the end, it's all about the Benjamins.

Wait and see how many other "Floyd's" come out the woodwork, now.

"Justice".

Bullshit.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 2929