Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763589 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3825 on: March 16, 2021, 03:50:26 PM »

Wow.

Troll much?

Just returning the favor, asswipe.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: March 16, 2021, 03:51:46 PM »

Kavanaugh Fix?

The FBI is facing new scrutiny for its 2018 background check of Brett Kavanaugh, the supreme court justice, after a lawmaker suggested that the investigation may have been “fake”.

Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democratic senator and former prosecutor who serves on the judiciary committee, is calling on the newly-confirmed attorney general, Merrick Garland, to help facilitate “proper oversight” by the Senate into questions about how thoroughly the FBI investigated Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing.

The supreme court justice was accused of sexual assault by Christine Blasey Ford and faced several other allegations of misconduct following Ford’s harrowing testimony of an alleged assault when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-facing-allegation-2018-background-070017507.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: March 16, 2021, 04:06:43 PM »

Hmmmm...Looks like the Chauvin Lawyer's strategy will be to attack Floyd.

On Tuesday, a lawyer for Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer on trial for murder charges for Floyd’s death, asked the judge to allow the jury to see evidence of the earlier episode.

In the arrest of May 6, 2019, a panicking Floyd swallowed several opioid pain-killer pills as police approached. Eric Nelson, Chauvin’s lead lawyer, has argued that the main cause of Floyd’s death a year later, which was ruled a homicide, was the opioid fentanyl found in his blood at autopsy.

“The similarities are incredible, it’s the exact same behavior in two incidents almost exactly one year apart,” Nelson told the court before the resumption of jury selection, noting Floyd called out for his “mama” in both arrests, according to video footage.

Prosecutors opposed the move, saying the defense was seeking to dirty the character of Floyd...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-race-georgefloyd-idUSKBN2B82AO

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3829 on: March 16, 2021, 04:09:17 PM »

On Tuesday, a lawyer for Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer on trial for murder charges for Floyd’s death, asked the judge to allow the jury to see evidence of the earlier episode.

In the arrest of May 6, 2019, a panicking Floyd swallowed several opioid pain-killer pills as police approached. Eric Nelson, Chauvin’s lead lawyer, has argued that the main cause of Floyd’s death a year later, which was ruled a homicide, was the opioid fentanyl found in his blood at autopsy.

“The similarities are incredible, it’s the exact same behavior in two incidents almost exactly one year apart,” Nelson told the court before the resumption of jury selection, noting Floyd called out for his “mama” in both arrests, according to video footage.

Prosecutors opposed the move, saying the defense was seeking to dirty the character of Floyd...

He might have fallen over and died all on his own.

Unfortunately for Chauvin, Floyd died while he was basically standing on his neck.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:25:37 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3830 on: March 16, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »

Trump Administration was a proxy for Putin.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: March 16, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »

The WH press got so used to the immaturity it was covering, some of it has stained them. This writer sets them straight.

The president does plan to have a full press conference soon — "before the end of the month," Press Secretary Jen Psaki said March 5. And when he does, will reporters focus on substance and priorities that affect everyday Americans, or will they fixate on inside baseball? Will they scrutinize and exaggerate so-called gaffes? Will they ask questions they know the president would be a fool to answer?

Let me be clear, I’m not suggesting that Biden should be shielded from tough and legitimate questions. Of course he should answer them. But I also know that we just lived through four years of a ratings-obsessed president who labeled the news media “the enemy of the people.” Who, every time he opened his mouth, required an avalanche of fact-checkers to bat down the more than 30,000 "false and misleading claims" he made, some of which led to violence and death. Who sent out his press secretaries to knowingly deceive the media and the American public, until he just stopped sending them out there at all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/16/joe-biden-press-conference-covid-focus-jobs-vaccines-column/4718829001/

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: March 16, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »

He might have fallen over and died all on his own.

Unfortunately for Chauvin, Floyd died while he was basically standing on his neck.

The lawyer is doing his job. This is not to be unexpected.

Expectations are dangerous things when it comes to these high profile cases, as I have already explained in prior posts.

Don't mistake my reporting it for supporting it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3833 on: March 16, 2021, 04:43:03 PM »

'A humanitarian crisis': Pelosi decries 'broken system' as Biden asks FEMA to help with migrant children at border

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/03/14/pelosi-humanitarian-crisis-migrant-children-biden-fema/4692092001/

No crisis this is why there are immigration laws. Just send them all back to their moms and dads. Thanks but no thanks.

Yes, if there is not an orderly immigration system, with the laws enforced...there is anarchy.
Anarchy is not a good way to run a country.
Trouble with the Left is that it has seems to have a soft underbelly, where the words "NO" and "DECLINED" don't exist.
There are millions of Americans homeless and starving, living is squalor and slowly dying.
That's the "humanitarian crisis".

America is a nation of immigrants, and all people are created equal.

And immigrants contribute to our economy, and they join the United Farm Workers union, etc, and they do the hard jobs that many people in America do not want to do.

Of note too, is that one third of our doctors in America are immigrants.

California has a great economy, and one third of our people in California are immigrants.

On the issue of helping the homeless in the USA, many immigrants work in the construction industry and are helping to build housing.

We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need to put our immigrants to work, they can help. We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need to bring them out of the shadows and we need to put them to work, and we need to educate them, and we need to allow our immigrants to contribute to the greatness of America.

And we can put our immigrants to work helping to build high speed trains in the USA, etc.

And we can put the immigrants to work planting orange trees for Sunkist and picking fruit, etc.

As we build in the Platinum Triangle Community we can get our immigrants to lay cobblestone streets, and we can have statues, and fountains, and great architecture, and great landscaping, etc, every chance to build is a chance to build something beautiful and great.

http://anaheim.net/1072/Platinum-Triangle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_Triangle,_Anaheim

We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need to educate them, and we need to put our immigrants to work.

Our immigrants can do great things. If everyone just sits around in poverty, then it sucks, but if we invest money into projects and if we educate people and if we put people to work doing honest work, then we can do great things.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes in the 19th century when the US economy was driven by mining and agriculture and expanding with railroads there was a big need for blue collar labor.  Anchor babies will not contribute to the labor market for many years. In the meantime they will strain social services for born Americans. Farm workers cannot compete at a living wage. That is why big agriculture supports open borders and amnesty. Also criminal cartels who make big bucks on sex trafficking and drugs. There are others who would love to bring the corrupt banana republic style to the US. The liberal elite who are isolated from the homeless want their cheap nannies.

Immigrants are smarter and harder-workers than born americans.

All immigrants are smarter and work harder than all born Americans?

<snicker>

‘Not all white people!’

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: March 16, 2021, 04:46:30 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: March 16, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »

The WH press got so used to the immaturity it was covering, some of it has stained them. This writer sets them straight.

The president does plan to have a full press conference soon — "before the end of the month," Press Secretary Jen Psaki said March 5. And when he does, will reporters focus on substance and priorities that affect everyday Americans, or will they fixate on inside baseball? Will they scrutinize and exaggerate so-called gaffes? Will they ask questions they know the president would be a fool to answer?

Let me be clear, I’m not suggesting that Biden should be shielded from tough and legitimate questions. Of course he should answer them. But I also know that we just lived through four years of a ratings-obsessed president who labeled the news media “the enemy of the people.” Who, every time he opened his mouth, required an avalanche of fact-checkers to bat down the more than 30,000 "false and misleading claims" he made, some of which led to violence and death. Who sent out his press secretaries to knowingly deceive the media and the American public, until he just stopped sending them out there at all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/16/joe-biden-press-conference-covid-focus-jobs-vaccines-column/4718829001/

uh.........what?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: March 16, 2021, 05:10:11 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: March 16, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »

The Bannon part was interesting ("not technically vaccines")

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: March 16, 2021, 05:15:33 PM »

"Derek Chauvin trial has gone completely off the rails"

- Laura Ingraham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3839 on: March 16, 2021, 05:18:46 PM »

The US electorate defeated the Russians... and the GOP.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/16/us/biden-news-today

There can be no 'Moving on' from this there must be consequences or to quote Judas Priest, "Some heads have gotta roll!" or as Drowning Pool declared, "Let the bodies hit the floor!"

Ron Johnson
Devin Nunes
Tucker Carlson
et al

better duck and cover

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2929