Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763478 times)

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3855 on: March 16, 2021, 08:17:00 PM »

Fewer?

Nope.

WE needed close to all 75 mil that we got had it been a fairly contested election.
How is that Kool aid?

Clearly Ken Kesey got to the batch,  because that kid is tripping.   Amanda Marcotte keeps saying it's a cult.   The complete and absolute denial of facts,  no matter how plentiful,  seems to support that.   

LoL "alas mostly not allowed in court..."   Hmm,  now what sort of evidence would that be?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3856 on: March 16, 2021, 08:33:58 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/977843348/venture-aims-to-resurrect-and-reimagine-anti-slavery-newspaper-for-the-21st-cent

The Boston Globe and Boston University Center for Antiracist Research are partnering to launch The Emancipator, a resurrection of an early 19th-century abolitionist newspaper that its contemporary founders hope will reframe the national conversation in an effort to "hasten racial justice."

"This reimagined platform will marry the best of scholarship and journalism to analyze, comment, and seek truth about the racial problems of our time," Ibram X. Kendi, co-founder of The Emancipator and founding director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research, said in a press release.

The Emancipator plans to launch online later this year, according to the release, and is currently seeking two co-editors in chief to be based at the Boston Globe and Boston University.

You know, I think I'll relaunch a paper that influenced America and changed it forever, too.

Maybe this one: Die Germantauner Zeitung, published in the 1700's and was greatly influential in starting the American Revolution.

Or maybe this one; The Neue Volkszeitung (New People's Newspaper) was a German-language newspaper issued from New York City, United States. The paper had a moderate social democratic orientation and is remembered as a leading anti-Nazi American publication in the German language during the years of World War II. (source wikipedia)

Or maybe I'll find some ethnic American press to emulate, one that was contemporary when this stuff was written: https://iowaculture.gov/sites/default/files/history-education-pss-irish-foreign-transcript.pdf

Or perhaps a paper from this era of European immigration, one in which my earliest American ancestors endured, described well here: http://dhs.delranschools.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_3013045/File/Kaminski/Zinn-3.pdf

Other family members may wish to join in and start a paper in keeping with the times that were faced by their ancestors as described here:  https://www.jstor.org/stable/25011005?seq=1

Seems to me this could go on and on and on and on, with a newspaper for every American titled by a paper which reported the grievances and triumphs past for each ethnic group.

Brilliant!

Except which one do I read? After all, my family's American ethnicity includes--- but is not limited to---the English, Central Europe (essentially the Holy Roman Empire, which "was neither holy, Roman, nor an Empire), the Irish, Russian and German Jews, and West African.

I mean, whose grievances among our ancestors do we choose to bring to the fore and try to keep alive in the 21st century? Jews are still fighting thousands of years of discrimination, stereotyping, and physical abuse and violence; Germans and Austrians still have to push back from being put forth as autocratic, cold, unfeeling, militaristic, and heartless or just plain old Nazis; the Irish today are still characterized as lazy, fun-loving drunken potato-eaters with dysfunctional families who have excessive ties to Catholicism and all it represents (though they did give us tomorrow's holiday, Lucky Charms, Riverdance and Guiness Stout); and my ancestors from Mali? Well, we think they're still pissed off about a lot of things, going back to the Roman Empire, as you can likely imagine.

I mean, what is an American like me to do?

I guess I've got to sift through this and just pick out the best of the best (or worst past history having to be endured by them, not us), even though it only goes back to 1777.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/search/titles/

Should take some time. Wish me the luck of the Irish. And don't worry my Talmudic zeal and German dedication to the tasks at hand will serve me well, and...damn those Romans!

Knock yourself out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3857 on: March 16, 2021, 08:35:46 PM »

Fewer?

Nope.

WE needed close to all 75 mil that we got had it been a fairly contested election.
How is that Kool aid?

Clearly Ken Kesey got to the batch,  because that kid is tripping.   Amanda Marcotte keeps saying it's a cult.   The complete and absolute denial of facts,  no matter how plentiful,  seems to support that.   

LoL "alas mostly not allowed in court..."   Hmm,  now what sort of evidence would that be?

I’ve been calling it a cult for a couple of years and after Tulsa I was convinced it is a death cult.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 16, 2021, 08:46:22 PM »

Well....

the "cult" had us strong at the border, strong militarily and in the eyes of world leaders, strong vs the virus and approaching the re-positioning of strong economically.

The CULT was weak in one thing - ability to control the nasty not believing their eyes masses.

The CULT remains strong, as long as ONE MAN can be chosen to lead the charge come end of '22, into '23.  If Trump were to battle DeSantis rather than combine their power, could be a tough road.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 16, 2021, 08:49:47 PM »

Fewer?

Nope.

It was a fairly contested election, despite your party's efforts to block it.

But you know that.

You are just a lying, trolling slime puppy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3860 on: March 16, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »

Fewer?

Nope.

It was a fairly contested election, despite your party's efforts to block it.

But you know that.

You are just a lying, trolling slime puppy.

They can’t accept the FACT black people vote in numbers.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 16, 2021, 08:59:04 PM »

Fewer?

Nope.

You must have the only proof in America that it was NOT "a fairly contested election"?

Please post.

Evidence was stated ad nauseum - and alas mostly not allowed in court

Saved the nation from a continuing black eye - and moved us forward.

The true winner is speaking right now on FOX.

He will LEAD - under the duress of having been put out of office.  Only a true hero could do so.

You are so full of shit.

The evidence was presented in court after court and found wanting.

Continue with your lies and they will be labeled so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3862 on: March 16, 2021, 09:00:50 PM »

Ronald DeFeo, Jr. dead at 69.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: March 16, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »

Mitch laid it on the line for the Senate dems who want to end the filibuster.
The result would not be pretty.

So let me say this very clearly for all 99 of my colleagues: Nobody serving in this chamber can even begin, can even begin, to imagine what a completely scorched-Earth Senate would look like,” McConnell warned:

None of us have served one minute in a Senate that was completely drained of comity and consent. This is an institution that requires united consent to turn the lights on before noon, to proceed with a garden variety floor, speech, to dispense with the reading of lengthy legislative text, to schedule committee business to move even non-controversial nominees at anything besides a snail pace.

“I want our colleagues to imagine a world where every single task, every one of them, requires a physical quorum, which by the way the vice president does not count in determining a quora,” he continued, furthering his warning.

“Everything that Democrat Senates did to Presidents Bush and Trump, everything the Republican Senate did to President Obama would be child’s play compared to the disaster that Democrats would create for their own priorities if, if they break the Senate,”

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3864 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »

Wow!

3 massage parlors shot up in metro Atlanta.

Yeah. LEADERSHIP

Wuhan Flu

Kung Flu

China Virus

https://heavy.com/news/robert-aaron-long/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3865 on: March 16, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »

Mitch laid it on the line for the Senate dems who want to end the filibuster.
The result would not be pretty.

So let me say this very clearly for all 99 of my colleagues: Nobody serving in this chamber can even begin, can even begin, to imagine what a completely scorched-Earth Senate would look like,” McConnell warned:

None of us have served one minute in a Senate that was completely drained of comity and consent. This is an institution that requires united consent to turn the lights on before noon, to proceed with a garden variety floor, speech, to dispense with the reading of lengthy legislative text, to schedule committee business to move even non-controversial nominees at anything besides a snail pace.

“I want our colleagues to imagine a world where every single task, every one of them, requires a physical quorum, which by the way the vice president does not count in determining a quora,” he continued, furthering his warning.

“Everything that Democrat Senates did to Presidents Bush and Trump, everything the Republican Senate did to President Obama would be child’s play compared to the disaster that Democrats would create for their own priorities if, if they break the Senate,”

Tell Mitch to go back into his shell.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: March 16, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »

Wow!

3 massage parlors shot up in metro Atlanta.

Yeah. LEADERSHIP

Wuhan Flu

Kung Flu

China Virus

https://heavy.com/news/robert-aaron-long/

Solid police work.

SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 16, 2021, 09:36:45 PM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-11/the-quad-leaders-meeting-china-trade-test-relationship/13234080

An opportunity to turn the tide

The engagement of India in the Quad was key. Last year, while Australia was copping it on the trade front, Indian and Chinese troops were literally belting each other with sticks and clubs during a brief but deadly confrontation on the disputed Himalayan border.

New Delhi's attitude towards China hardened. In November, India invited Australia to join its annual Malabar naval exercises with the US and Japan. This was the first military exercise involving all four members of the Quad. India's Ministry of Defence said it was about showing support for a "free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific".

The US also toughened its position under Donald Trump and now Joe Biden. Biden called Xi Jinping a "thug" during one of the presidential debates and has made this week's Quad meeting one of his first multilateral engagements.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken (who's visiting Japan next week) recently described China as "the only country with the economic, diplomatic, military and technological power to seriously challenge the stable and open international system — all the rules, values and relationships that make the world work the way we want it to".

#####

Seems the world is waking up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:39:54 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: March 16, 2021, 10:11:21 PM »

You guys checkin out INGRAHAM?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3869 on: March 16, 2021, 10:18:54 PM »

You guys checkin out INGRAHAM?

Yeah, and when I heard ‘secular humanism’ and the ‘critical race theory, inclusion and diversity are INFECTING the church’ I’d seen enough.

So they have two black talking heads...

All skinfolk ain’t kinfolk.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 2929