Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763051 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4020 on: March 18, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »

With the U.S. closing in on President Joe Biden’s goal of injecting 100 million coronavirus vaccinations weeks ahead of his target date, the White House announced Thursday the nation is now in position to help supply neighbors Canada and Mexico with millions of lifesaving shots.

So much winning.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: March 18, 2021, 09:58:10 PM »

:-[i
Florida Governor  Ron DeSantis on Critical Race Theory

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that Florida's school curricula will "expressly exclude... critical race theory" because it "teaches kids to hate their country."

"There's no room in our classrooms for things like Critical Race Theory. Teaching kids to hate their country and to hate each other is not worth one red cent of taxpayer money," he said.

The governor said that he would use federal money from the latest COVID relief to promote civics education "with foundational concepts" rather than "unsanctioned narratives like critical race theory."

"No matter if your family came on the Mayflower or you became a naturalized citizen, [the principles of American freedom] belong to you," he said.
Fucking Cancel Culture in our schools.
You seem a little confused.
You seem extremely hypocritical and intellectually dishonest. Same as it ever was.
Really? About what?
Every fucking thing.
Oh.
You can’t explain it.
Not to you. You are impervious to... everything. You are the duck's ass of Elba.
LOL!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: March 18, 2021, 10:27:00 PM »

Bambu,

In Anaheim people are more humble because their parents were bar tenders, and hotel workers, and were people who worked at Disneyland, etc. The people of Anaheim are humble and kind. We need to teach the Persians and others how to show the same kindness that we have here in Anaheim.

And once we all love our neighbors and once we treat other people the same way that we ourselves wish to be treated, then we can have world peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

World peace?
We can't even get the truth about which Duchess made the other one cry over flower girl dresses for the Royal wedding.
We can't even get Royal peace.

China doesn't seem in any hurry to love its neighbours...quite the opposite.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 19, 2021, 01:57:00 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: March 19, 2021, 01:58:19 AM »

McCarthy:  Docs say 10% of immigrant kids at border have COVID

"And that's today, before it even spreads among them.

McCarthy misrepresents the truth.

The migrants have a lower rate than the Texans.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 19, 2021, 02:36:58 AM »

We need to teach them that all men are created equal.

In the USA we are all equal. I may not be equal with the Persians when in Iran, but I am damn sure equal here in the USA.

There is a lot that the Persians need to learn if they want to be good Americans here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sam Colt made men equal.
Equal seems to vary in the USA depending on how much money one has.   [and not only in the USA]

I'd be happy to be a very "yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir" good and loyal servant to the rich, or not so rich...for a very high salary.

You are a useless and foolish idiot, incapable of being of service to anyone, not to mention lazy and mean spirited. No high salary for you.

In fact you had better leave me off your reference list next time you seek any gainful employment.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 19, 2021, 03:13:14 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 19, 2021, 03:31:40 AM »

In the USA we are all equal. I may not be equal with the Persians when in Iran, but I am damn sure equal here in the USA.

There is a lot that the Persians need to learn if they want to be good Americans here in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Sam Colt made men equal.
Equal seems to vary in the USA depending on how much money one has.   [and not only in the USA]

I'd be happy to be a very "yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir" good and loyal servant to the rich, or not so rich...for a very high salary.

You are a useless and foolish idiot, incapable of being of service to anyone, not to mention lazy and mean spirited. No high salary for you.

In fact you had better leave me off your reference list next time you seek any gainful employment.

LOL
bambu-ilk demand that servants in their world get paid well...no slave labour here.

On Sky News now :

"Rumours from America are that Meghan Markle wants to be President, has powerful friends in America and will be contesting the 2024 election, running against Donald Trump."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 19, 2021, 03:41:04 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Sam Colt made men equal.

Are you one of the brigade in America now banning gender language...no more "husband", "wife", "grandma", "grandpa" etc?
Guess what's happening now in my world?
Yes, the usual suspects are trying to get it thru the parliament..."it's what's happening in America".
Same as the "consent" app for intimacy my police commissioner is suggesting..."the app is being used in US colleges". 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 04:50:23 AM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4030 on: March 19, 2021, 03:43:23 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Sam Colt made men equal.

LOL
bambu-ilk demand that servants in their world get paid well...no slave labour here.

On Sky News now :

"Rumours from America are that Meghan Markle wants to be President, has powerful friends in America and will be contesting the 2024 election, running against Donald Trump."

You’d be better off if you didn’t watch Murdoch and instead smoked crack.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 19, 2021, 04:41:04 AM »

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that Florida's school curricula will "expressly exclude... critical race theory" because it "teaches kids to hate their country."

"There's no room in our classrooms for things like Critical Race Theory. Teaching kids to hate their country and to hate each other is not worth one red cent of taxpayer money," he said.

The governor said that he would use federal money from the latest COVID relief to promote civics education "with foundational concepts" rather than "unsanctioned narratives like critical race theory."

"No matter if your family came on the Mayflower or you became a naturalized citizen, [the principles of American freedom] belong to you," he said.

More like commonsense.

Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour.
According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities. The CRT movement officially organized itself in 1989, at the first annual Workshop on Critical Race Theory, though its intellectual origins go back much further, to the 1960s and ’70s.

#####

It's now 2021...not 1961.

CRT should not be taught in schools.
Schools should be teaching Reading, Riting, and Rithmetic...the 3 Rs.

And, that India is not Mexico.

That sounds about white.

Serious question Larry (or anyone else who isn't opposed to critical race theory in education)  at what age should kids learn about this?   8th grade? 7th grade? 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 19, 2021, 05:43:41 AM »

The youngest people I’ve gotten any serious headway with that strand of ideas were eight or nine at the time so I think it’s reasonable to say 3rd or 4th grade and highly conservative to say 5th or 6th grade.

At what age is it appropriate for kids to tune in to Mr. Rodgers’ Neighborhood if it comes on a rerun somewhere?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4033 on: March 19, 2021, 09:09:24 AM »

More like commonsense.

Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour.
According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities. The CRT movement officially organized itself in 1989, at the first annual Workshop on Critical Race Theory, though its intellectual origins go back much further, to the 1960s and ’70s.

#####

It's now 2021...not 1961.

CRT should not be taught in schools.
Schools should be teaching Reading, Riting, and Rithmetic...the 3 Rs.

And, that India is not Mexico.

That sounds about white.

Serious question Larry (or anyone else who isn't opposed to critical race theory in education)  at what age should kids learn about this?   8th grade? 7th grade?

I would recommend you read ‘Caste’ by Isabel Wilkerson and this essay by the late Derrick Bell.

https://sph.umd.edu/sites/default/files/files/Bell_Whos%20Afraid%20of%20CRT_1995UIllLRev893.pdf

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #4034 on: March 19, 2021, 10:12:44 AM »

A civics course for high school kids wouldn't have to go into all the nuances and complexities of CRT as it's done in universities,  but why would it be a threat to teach,  as a factual part of American history,  that there were racists laws,  treaty violations,  and institutions in our history?   Jim Crow,  3/5, Fort Laramie, chain gangs,  segregation,
etc.  were all real things -- to teach students about them is to teach that our past is checkered and that our union isn't perfect and that past mistakes reverberate today.   It doesn't teach "hating our country" -- DeSantis is a lying sack of shit and an ignoramus.   These truths about our past are truths high school students would have the cognitive skills to ponder.  Maybe middle school, too. 
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2929