Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657027 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4560 on: March 31, 2021, 02:46:18 AM »

Two Capitol Police officers have filed suit against Donald J. Trump for 1/6.

1/6?

fuck that they should sue Trump for the whole fucking thing!

Damn treasonous Trump was the father of the insurrection.

Money grab

Need that new flat screen

I assume they resigned first

Why would they?

You are way off on your money grab conjecture. Treasonous despot is only being sued out of existence because we are too civilized to douse him in gasoline and light him up along with his lieutenants and backers. We are so civilized in fact that diseased tantrum will be able to follow the dissolution of his assets from a safe secure prison cell on federal property paid for by those of us who don’t cheat the government out of what we owe in taxes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: March 31, 2021, 04:46:21 AM »

45office.com    tough guy with NK's new website;

The site features a lengthy biography for the former president that starts, "Donald J. Trump launched the most extraordinary political movement in history, dethroning political dynasties, defeating the Washington Establishment, and becoming the first true outsider elected as President of the United States."

#####

You can share your thoughts...and/or request a greeting.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:49:31 AM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4563 on: March 31, 2021, 06:18:38 AM »

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/shocking-video-shows-deadly-dc-uber-eats-carjacking-by-teen-girls

Gee, Larry. How come you didn't share this with us?  It's right in your neighborhood.

Love to meet the parents of these deplorables. They just killed a guy and she's worried about her phone.

Fucked up.

Right in my neighborhood? It happened eight miles and twenty minutes away.

It was all over the National news last Tuesday.

And you said nothing.

Neither did you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: March 31, 2021, 08:16:49 AM »

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/shocking-video-shows-deadly-dc-uber-eats-carjacking-by-teen-girls

Gee, Larry. How come you didn't share this with us?  It's right in your neighborhood.

Love to meet the parents of these deplorables. They just killed a guy and she's worried about her phone.

Fucked up.

And you said nothing.

Neither did you.

I don't live in DC, not to mention, I wasn't here last week, Larry. Funny how you expect folks to keep up with obscure articles in the New Yorker, and yet something happens in your own backyard that reflects the racist, criminal, violent behavior you say you oppose, and you say nothing about it. Selective moral outrage?

Regarding that New Yorker piece, for someone who claims to live in DC and follow politics, you certainly display a lot of ignorance on how it things get done.

Look, why don't you just be happy that you got your modern day Jesus (the misunderstood counterfeiter, former armed robber, now saintly father of four) and that the Roman guard (Minneapolis police) is fittingly on trial this Passion week.

Quick, where's "Reverend" Al Sharpton? Outside that Minnesota courthouse kneeling in prayer and giving the family advice on how to spend the $27 million? He can tell you how things work. He'll show that his kind of zealotry (unlike yours) will garner (did I say, "Garner"?) attention, and can line family pockets with money. And while it has gotten him money, fame, and the appearance of a leader, those he claims to want to lead to the promised land somehow still get left behind. And then the next "real crisis" in "our community", as the hardly inclusive Al likes to call it, will arise, and he'll be there to monetize it some way.

If Al was all about justice and peace he'd be in DC finding a way to end such savagery as took place last week. (Can I say, savagery without judgement?) But Al knows that there is no money in protesting that kind of racist and unjust behavior. So, that's a no go.

Al can tell you how it politics really works; he knows that you can take or you can give, but it is the rare pol who will do both. Givers fade quickly. The takers are everywhere to be seen, and they stay on the scene, in act after act of this ongoing morality play. Al is there today, to see what he can take.

But the give-and-takers? They are working and getting things done. Things that matter to MOST people.

Keep whining, because that's your thing. But most people will be happy, and are happy, with the direction that Mr. Biden is moving, and the way he is doing it. 55% approval rating and rising.  And if the bill is worth passing, it will get passed by those who know how to get things done.

WVA Joe? Is not a moderate or a liberal. He's just a guy who inherited a great position of power because there are too many in the Senate right now who like to play the zero sum game of win at all costs. Like you.

If that bill is going to pass, WVA Joe may need White House Joe to pay him a visit, but this is how the sausage gets made. It's sausage. It's not gluten free and it's not vegan. It's sausage.

Deal wit' it, Bama.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:21:39 AM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #4566 on: March 31, 2021, 10:26:32 AM »

Not clear,  from news reports,  how the teen carjacking was "racist."  It seemed like two bad kids doing a crime of opportunity.   Are community leaders obliged to organize action over every sociopath that gets press coverage?   Are forum members obliged to report and comment on every crime within a certain radius of their home, and provide a racial lens through which to view it?   

All moral outrage is selective.   Every person at every online forum on this planet has particular stories that move them to post something.   No one's grilling me today because I haven't posted on my governor's EO on trans girls in high school sports.   It's made national news.   Maybe I'm busy,  or have other issues that draw more of my attention.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: March 31, 2021, 11:01:11 AM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: March 31, 2021, 11:58:21 AM »

Not clear,  from news reports,  how the teen carjacking was "racist."  It seemed like two bad kids doing a crime of opportunity.   Are community leaders obliged to organize action over every sociopath that gets press coverage?   Are forum members obliged to report and comment on every crime within a certain radius of their home, and provide a racial lens through which to view it?   

All moral outrage is selective.   Every person at every online forum on this planet has particular stories that move them to post something.   No one's grilling me today because I haven't posted on my governor's EO on trans girls in high school sports.   It's made national news.   Maybe I'm busy,  or have other issues that draw more of my attention.

So, tell us about these girls

Who is affected and how?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: March 31, 2021, 12:05:49 PM »

These kinds of things are repeatedly happening in Al's backyard. But keep making excuses for him and his followers.

The alleged suspect who was caught on video repeatedly kicking a 65-year-old Asian American woman as witnesses seemingly stood by has been arrested and charged with felony assault as a hate crime, according to the New York City Police Department.

The attack occurred at around 11:40 a.m. local time Monday in front of an apartment building in Midtown Manhattan. Police released surveillance footage that shows the man approaching the woman on the sidewalk and kicking her in the stomach, knocking her to the ground. The suspect then kicks the woman in the face multiple times while making "anti-Asian statements toward her" before casually walking away, police said.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-release-video-showing-man-120955886.html

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: March 31, 2021, 12:09:49 PM »

Can we have an update on that Gaetz case?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: March 31, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/professor-sues-camden-county-college-racial-bias-1579779

A white professor is suing the college where he works for discrimination, claiming some of his Black colleagues make substantially more money than him despite having similar qualifications and experience.

William T. Lavell, 66, who teaches chemistry at Camden County College, filed the lawsuit on March 26, claiming racial bias over the discrepancies in pay between him and other members of staff.

According to the suit, seen by NJ.com, Lavell says he is paid between $45,000 and $50,000 less annually than two Black engineering professors. Lavell found out he is paid less after requesting the salary records under the state's public records law in September.

The suit names two of Lavell's counterparts—professors Melvin Roberts and Lawrence Chatman as being paid $137,157 and $142,606, respectively—as proof of racial bias as Lavell is only paid $91,923 in comparison.

All three professors have "similar tenure, qualifications, and experience" but Lavell has more "professional degrees in his field of concentration" than the others, according to the suit.

In November, Lavell complained to the college officials, including President Donald Borden and one of the college's vice presidents, Kathleen Kane, about the discrepancy.

Lavell said the complaint contained a "comparative analysis of the racial disparities in compensation between himself and similarly situated, non-Caucasian counterparts."

...Discussing the claim, Jamison Mark, an employment lawyer practicing in Springfield, told NJ.com that reverse discrimination suits usually have to meet a slightly higher standard in court as the plaintiff is not a member of a minority group, but added such laws are there for a reason.

"Whether you're white, Black or brown, it doesn't matter, you can't be treated unfairly," he said.

(Note the unfair treatment regarding capitalization of two of the three colors in that last sentence; journalism's latest idiocy.)

Where's Al?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4572 on: March 31, 2021, 12:16:30 PM »

Fucked up.

And you said nothing.

Neither did you.

I don't live in DC, not to mention, I wasn't here last week, Larry. Funny how you expect folks to keep up with obscure articles in the New Yorker, and yet something happens in your own backyard that reflects the racist, criminal, violent behavior you say you oppose, and you say nothing about it. Selective moral outrage?

Regarding that New Yorker piece, for someone who claims to live in DC and follow politics, you certainly display a lot of ignorance on how it things get done.

Look, why don't you just be happy that you got your modern day Jesus (the misunderstood counterfeiter, former armed robber, now saintly father of four) and that the Roman guard (Minneapolis police) is fittingly on trial this Passion week.

Quick, where's "Reverend" Al Sharpton? Outside that Minnesota courthouse kneeling in prayer and giving the family advice on how to spend the $27 million? He can tell you how things work. He'll show that his kind of zealotry (unlike yours) will garner (did I say, "Garner"?) attention, and can line family pockets with money. And while it has gotten him money, fame, and the appearance of a leader, those he claims to want to lead to the promised land somehow still get left behind. And then the next "real crisis" in "our community", as the hardly inclusive Al likes to call it, will arise, and he'll be there to monetize it some way.

If Al was all about justice and peace he'd be in DC finding a way to end such savagery as took place last week. (Can I say, savagery without judgement?) But Al knows that there is no money in protesting that kind of racist and unjust behavior. So, that's a no go.

Al can tell you how it politics really works; he knows that you can take or you can give, but it is the rare pol who will do both. Givers fade quickly. The takers are everywhere to be seen, and they stay on the scene, in act after act of this ongoing morality play. Al is there today, to see what he can take.

But the give-and-takers? They are working and getting things done. Things that matter to MOST people.

Keep whining, because that's your thing. But most people will be happy, and are happy, with the direction that Mr. Biden is moving, and the way he is doing it. 55% approval rating and rising.  And if the bill is worth passing, it will get passed by those who know how to get things done.

WVA Joe? Is not a moderate or a liberal. He's just a guy who inherited a great position of power because there are too many in the Senate right now who like to play the zero sum game of win at all costs. Like you.

If that bill is going to pass, WVA Joe may need White House Joe to pay him a visit, but this is how the sausage gets made. It's sausage. It's not gluten free and it's not vegan. It's sausage.

Deal wit' it, Bama.

I posted on March 25 about a crime that has haunted me for 16 years.

I don’t remember anyone, least wise you, commenting on Donte Manning’s murder.

Have a seat, clown.

And look up what Bama means. If you’re gonna throw an insult at least use correct parlance.

I’m from New York and I was always an example of sartorial splendor.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: March 31, 2021, 12:31:46 PM »

Someone who gets it: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-03-30/joe-biden-bipartisanship-republican-opposition

American politics is caught in a perverse paradox. The bases of both parties would like nothing more than to destroy the other party. But it is precisely this animus that prevents them from accomplishing their goal. That’s because the best strategy for partisans to wreak havoc in the other party is to pursue bipartisanship when they’re in power....

Many people fetishize bipartisanship as if it results in better policy. That’s not necessarily true. But it does make policy more difficult to reverse. And it creates havoc for the party out of power by escalating the contradictions within its coalition. It’s harder to go on cable news shows and rant about how the party in power is radical and dangerous when members of your own party have voted for its agenda.

And that’s the paradox. If the Democratic base really wanted to break the GOP in two, they’d let Biden pursue popular, albeit more moderate, policies on immigration, infrastructure and the like. Such a strategy would annoy the Democratic base, but their protests would only make Bidenism more attractive to centrist Republicans.

Instead, the Democrats are moving forward on policies that enrage and unify the opposition, easing the path for the Republicans to return to power, and perpetuating this paradoxical pattern all over again.

Shut up and get on board, dopes!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: March 31, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »

...Discussing the claim, Jamison Mark, an employment lawyer practicing in Springfield, told NJ.com that reverse discrimination suits usually have to meet a slightly higher standard in court as the plaintiff is not a member of a minority group, but added such laws are there for a reason.

Not yet
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 2795