Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2714

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498375 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5055 on: April 09, 2021, 09:13:01 PM »

The left-wing dark money groups," Judicial Crisis Network President Carrie Severino said, "are clearly frustrated with Justice Breyer. They thought they paid for court-packing when they elected Joe Biden and the Senate Democrats, but Breyer is not helping them to get it done."

LOL!

More proof that liberals have no sense of decency nor care about American values.

If there was already proof,  why is more needed?
I think I’m putting my money on the fifth grader.

Talk about projection.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5056 on: April 09, 2021, 09:15:41 PM »

“Even when Biden was running as the moderate in the Democratic primary, his agenda had moved well to the left of anything he’d supported before. But then he did something unusual: Rather than swinging to the center in the general election, he went further left. And the same happened after winning the election. He’s moved away from work requirements and complex targeting in policy design. He’s emphasizing the irresponsibility of allowing social and economic problems to fester, as opposed to the irresponsibility of spending money on social and economic problems. His administration is defined by the fear that the government isn’t doing enough, not that it’s doing too much. “

heh

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/opinion/biden-jobs-infrastructure-economy.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: April 09, 2021, 10:22:16 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/politics/allen-west-texas-kfile/index.html

"We could go back to being our own republic," says the TX GOP Chair.

People unclear on the concept.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: April 10, 2021, 12:25:19 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no real issues discussed here
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: April 10, 2021, 01:22:01 AM »

The left-wing dark money groups," Judicial Crisis Network President Carrie Severino said, "are clearly frustrated with Justice Breyer. They thought they paid for court-packing when they elected Joe Biden and the Senate Democrats, but Breyer is not helping them to get it done."

LOL!

More proof that liberals have no sense of decency nor care about American values.

If there was already proof,  why is more needed?
I think I’m putting my money on the fifth grader.

You are putting your money into the Pedo ring to be precise. Without sheep like you evil would find no sustenance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: April 10, 2021, 02:58:52 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no real issues discussed here

You never discuss anything, Kid. Who the FUCK do you think you are kidding?

Asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: April 10, 2021, 03:31:00 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: April 10, 2021, 04:35:15 AM »

The CEO of Levis

http://youtu.be/uDaeZEu-6aM

Keep marching.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5063 on: April 10, 2021, 05:25:57 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/politics/allen-west-texas-kfile/index.html

"We could go back to being our own republic," says the TX GOP Chair.

People unclear on the concept.

Allen West is certifiable.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5064 on: April 10, 2021, 09:46:23 AM »

Taking a knee to protest police brutality is disrespectful to our troops.

Such bullshit

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dm3m/cops-caught-on-video-holding-a-black-army-lieutenant-at-gunpoint-then-pepper-spraying-him
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:49:13 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5065 on: April 10, 2021, 10:12:18 AM »

The deeply spiritual Kastom people of Yaohnanen who live on the island of Tanna, Vanuatu in the South Pacific Ocean were in mourning today, after the death of one of their iconic spiritual leaders.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-philip-dies-vanuatu-tribe-who-hailed-duke-of-edinburgh-as-a-god-will-mark-his-death-with-ritual-wailing-12271098

Back in the early 1960s when the island was still part of an Anglo-French colonial holding known as the New Hebrides Condiminium, a curious belief system took hold among older members of the Melanesian population. A number of them believed that the soul of an ancient legendary warrior who had once sailed away from the archipelago to fight a war in distant lands would return to them one day, accompanied by a rich white wife.

In the early 1960s tribal leaders decided that Prince Philip the consort of Queen Elizabeth was the avatar and emobodiment of that hero, and they began to venerate him as a god. He was said to be thought of as a brother to John Frum, another legendary figure associated with Cargo Cults found in other parts of the New Hebrides. The latter are thought to have arisen from the presence of large numbers of US servicemen, vessels and aircraft in that part of the Pacific during WW2.

The belief was strengthened by the royal couple’s official visit to Vanuatu in 1974. The British Resident Commissioner John Champion subsequently suggested that Prince Philip send the islanders an official signed photo of himself, which led to regular exchanges of gifts and greetings over the years.

The villagers' special interest in Prince Philip manifested itself in daily prayers for his blessing of their banana and yam crops.

He also featured in photos at villagers' homes - including one of the duke in a suit in 1980, holding a traditional pig-killing club called a nal-nal made and sent to London by the islanders.

Kirk Huffman, an authority on what is known as the Prince Philip Movement, told the Daily Telegraph: "I imagine there will be some ritual wailing, some special dances.

"There will be a focus on the men drinking kava (an infusion made from the root of a pepper plant) - it is the key to opening the door to the intangible world.

"On Tanna it is not drunk as a means of getting drunk. It connects the material world with the non-material world."

Huffman, an anthropologist from Sydney, says that the tribe's belief system is not tied to the monarchy and so it is unclear if they will now venerate Prince Charles in the same way.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: April 10, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: April 10, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/politics/marsha-blackburn-ethics-complaint/index.html

It's wrong.

I doubt that it will get a second look.
Call me a DINO but not every dumb thing done by a Republican does not require ramping up the Democratic outrage machine to 11.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: April 10, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/politics/marsha-blackburn-ethics-complaint/index.html

It's wrong.

Call me a DINO but not every dumb thing done by a Republican does not require ramping up the Democratic outrage machine to 11.

I agree.

I don't even know that everything needs to be ramped up to 2.

After all, it's not like she wore a tan suit, put her feet up on a desk, or asked a marine to hold an umbrella for her.

But it doesn't mean it doesn't merit mentioning and there is a body whose job it is to consider such things. (And you know had it been a Dem that it would be a hot topic for some.)

So, I mentioned it, but I doubt I will do so again unless it makes it further into the news.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5069 on: April 10, 2021, 11:23:21 AM »

It's wrong.

I agree.

I don't even know that everything needs to be ramped up to 2.

After all, it's not like she wore a tan suit, put her feet up on a desk, or asked a marine to hold an umbrella for her.

But it doesn't mean it doesn't merit mentioning and there is a body whose job it is to consider such things. (And you know had it been a Dem that it would be a hot topic for some.)

So, I mentioned it, but I doubt I will do so again unless it makes it further into the news.

I don’t think this cranked up to 11 or even a 2. However, if a Democrat did this it would lead every A block on FOX NC.

This was the first I heard. I was much more outraged by Blackburn’s statement about the infrastructure bill having too much money for eldercare.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2714