Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 2686

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 493223 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5100 on: April 11, 2021, 09:58:52 AM »

Bambu seems to be the ultimate casualty of clickbait.   

I recently learned the term "deadnaming. "  Which means referring to a trans person by their former  (i. e. birth name).  So,  yes,  there are a few people out there who will righteously shit themselves if I mention Bruce Jenner.   And yes,  there are whole segments of society who now comb over every single thing a person says in their quest for the passive-aggressive thrill of taking offense when none was intended.   Bruce Jenner Bruce Jenner Bruce Jenner.   Never mind that he was Bruce Jenner for what,  58.years, and entertained millions of people in decathlons and such with his robustly male physique* and masculine identity.   No one must use his deadname as a shorthand for Jenner back when she was a guy,  doing guy stuff in a big splashy way.   My point is the most of the human race couldn't give one tiny shit about this deadnaming thing,  and can only be whipped into righteous political correctness by constantly be subjected to media and social media Offense Takings.

And,  as a side note,  what if we applied this "erase a person's past" ethos to everything?   
He ran a concentration camp?   Nope,  can't refer to his name back then,  he was another person then,  etc.   No deadnaming!   He's clearly not a Nazi anymore!   Model citizen!   

* not minor surgery,  IOW

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: April 11, 2021, 10:55:30 AM »

I recently learned the term "deadnaming. "  Which means referring to a trans person by their former  (i. e. birth name).  So,  yes,  there are a few people out there who will righteously shit themselves if I mention Bruce Jenner.   And yes,  there are whole segments of society who now comb over every single thing a person says in their quest for the passive-aggressive thrill of taking offense when none was intended.   Bruce Jenner Bruce Jenner Bruce Jenner.   Never mind that he was Bruce Jenner for what,  58.years, and entertained millions of people in decathlons and such with his robustly male physique* and masculine identity.   No one must use his deadname as a shorthand for Jenner back when she was a guy,  doing guy stuff in a big splashy way.   My point is the most of the human race couldn't give one tiny shit about this deadnaming thing,  and can only be whipped into righteous political correctness by constantly be subjected to media and social media Offense Takings.

And,  as a side note,  what if we applied this "erase a person's past" ethos to everything?   
He ran a concentration camp?   Nope,  can't refer to his name back then,  he was another person then,  etc.   No deadnaming!   He's clearly not a Nazi anymore!   Model citizen!   

Hey, Barton, "most of the human race couldn't give one tiny shit about" slavery at one point. Or women's rights.

So fucking what?!

Most of us don't "take "offense when none was intended." But with your red outburst, you sure seem to have intended offense.

Your struggles with the concept of deadnames is reminiscent of Uno's fight with Larry and Bambu's difficulties with women and women's rights.

Transkids are 4-10 times more likely to be suicidal when the people around them insist on deadnaming them and misgendering them. Is Caitlyn Jenner going to be affected by your choices?! Seems unlikely.

But to take your inclination to extend things the discussion, does that mean you think it's fine to use "nigger" to refer to Blacks or "kike" to refer to Jews just because you don't think any of them are near you??

It sure sounds like those are your implications.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5102 on: April 11, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »

The latest talking points on what defines “ Infastructure” so the leftists can steal $2 Trillion or so from us to pay for their idiocy.

...some bullshit...

Outstanding!

Yes, quite outstanding. A good first step.

By the way we’re taking back the two trillion the rape and pillage party stole last cycle and putting it to work cleaning up the mess left by the recently deposed gaggle of anarchist grifters fronting as republicans. When you get caught stealing your second election in a row and you fail like no one has failed before and your fetish icon is going to prison, you don’t get to keep the loot.

Fuck up less, and it will take less money to fix your mistakes. In the meantime, stop being such a whiny little bitch.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5103 on: April 11, 2021, 11:41:08 AM »

Hey, Barton, "most of the human race couldn't give one tiny shit about" slavery at one point. Or women's rights.

So fucking what?!

Most of us don't "take "offense when none was intended." But with your red outburst, you sure seem to have intended offense.

Your struggles with the concept of deadnames is reminiscent of Uno's fight with Larry and Bambu's difficulties with women and women's rights.

Transkids are 4-10 times more likely to be suicidal when the people around them insist on deadnaming them and misgendering them. Is Caitlyn Jenner going to be affected by your choices?! Seems unlikely.

But to take your inclination to extend things the discussion, does that mean you think it's fine to use "nigger" to refer to Blacks or "kike" to refer to Jews just because you don't think any of them are near you??

Wow.   None of those things were implied.

If you read my post,  you'll maybe discern that I wasn't criticizing trans people,  but rather the notion that we can't reference someone's prior identity.   Going from male to female is a unique sort of transformation.   Pretending it didn't happen doesn't honor that bold transformation.   And suggesting that using a prior name to refer to that person WHEN THEY DID HAVE THAT NAME is demeaning is just false.   Caitlyn didn't win a male decathlon.   Bruce did.   

Suggesting that calling him Bruce when he was Bruce is the same as a slur like kike or nigger is a false equivalence.   Taking one aspect of correctness which is valid,  like avoiding ethnic slurs,  and using that to enforce any and all restrictions on naming strikes me as a sort of rigid dogma.   No one's going to bloody kill themselves because I noted that Bruce won a decathlon.   Obviously,  I meet a trans person,  I ask them how they want to be called, and how I should reference their past identity if it's something relevant to the conversation. 

My larger point,  about needless taking of offense, clearly went unnoticed.   Oh well.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: April 11, 2021, 12:12:44 PM »

So fucking what?!

bambu has no difficulties with women and women's rights, he actually helped mrs bambu fight for them.
Now some women, some women's groups, and the men seemingly pandering to their every whim for political and societal gain, have gone too far in their quest for "justice"...and must be fought against.
Men have rights, and also a right to fair and equal justice in courts and society.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:39:43 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5105 on: April 11, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »

The only thing more dangerous to the future of the USA than the GOP are fucking moderate Democrats.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: April 11, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »

Evil men walk the earth...as do good men.
Evil women walk the earth...as do good women.
On your next date, how do you know which one you have?
Simple solution...don't go on dates.
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: April 11, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/10/politics/infrastructure-politics-ohio-bridge/index.html

The I-75 bridge may help to clarify some of the infrastructure issues that Joe Biden is facing.

But here is the jobs plan:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/03/31/fact-sheet-the-american-jobs-plan/

I'd be happy to discuss this. Go ahead, Kid.

You want me to comment on a bridge?

I'll pass.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: April 11, 2021, 03:41:07 PM »

I wonder if I should send my movie script to Jeff Bezos, Amazon Studios is in Culver City, he is the richest man in the world, we can hire all of the best people to work on my movie. Amazon also publishes books, maybe they can publish my poetry book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Studios

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 11, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »

Go for it, Tony. I hope they pick it up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: April 11, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/10/politics/infrastructure-politics-ohio-bridge/index.html

The I-75 bridge may help to clarify some of the infrastructure issues that Joe Biden is facing.

But here is the jobs plan:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/03/31/fact-sheet-the-american-jobs-plan/

I'd be happy to discuss this. Go ahead, Kid.

You want me to comment on a bridge?

I'll pass.

That’s fine. Things you post on any topic are rarely ever part of any worthwhile discussion. Your time would be better spent contemplating your sins and working on your penance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: April 11, 2021, 04:04:40 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: April 11, 2021, 04:42:50 PM »

The bad people shot dead Abraham Lincoln.
The bad people shot dead an Aussie guy in his own home in Texas.
Exactly why the good people must have guns. 
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: April 11, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »

Go for it, Tony. I hope they pick it up.

Thanks!

I sent my idea to a friend in Culver City, he spent his whole life in Culver City and he knows a lot of people. We will see what happens.

Here is an interview that I shot of my friend in Culver City, he is a rock star, sort of, he was in the Red Hot Chili Peppers and other bands, Jon Nelson. He hangs out with all of the old rock stars, he is friends with Ozzy, he has a lot of connections. Maybe he can help me to get my movie made, and to get my book published. He said that he got chills when he read my script for "Echo, A Rock and Roll Tragedy." So he totally supports helping to get my movie made. And he loves my poetry too.

https://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

We will see what happens. Maybe Ozzy Osbourne is friends with Jeff Bezos. You never know who knows who.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 2686