Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2705

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 497179 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5160 on: April 12, 2021, 10:38:07 AM »

Baker testifies that the amount of fentanyl in George Floyd's system could have killed him

Difference between you and me is I see that murder and legitimately say, “That could be me. Now every shady thing I did in my life will be put out there ensuring my criminalization despite the fact some cop literally crushed the breath out of me.”

Imagine being slowly killed knowing you’re going to die and there is nothing you can do.

Derek Chauvin murdered Floyd on camera and did not give a fuck.

Good thing that LT didn’t stop before getting to a well lit public area.

Chauvin, the Roman centurian, murdered Barabbas, but Barabbas has now been turned into Jesus.

No, nobody's turned Barabbas into Jesus.

Just some folks, like you, act as if the murder of Barabbas wouldn't merit prosecution. So, we must be saying it was Jesus.

The point is not Barabbas or Jesus. The point is that somebody was murdered and the accused should be tried for it. And all the dodges in the world, trying to make it about the victim or trying to pretend the victim died of something other than Chauvin's kneeling or trying to convince folks it was just normal police procedure, should not work if they are demonstrated to be false.

It is not about who Floyd was or wasn't.

Testimony has been clear that it was not Floyd's drugs or heart condition that killed him.

And officer after officer has been clear that the kneeling was not standard or appropriate.

And all the rhetoric that people are making the victim into a saint (or into Jesus) is so much chaff tossed in the wind to try to muddy things.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: April 12, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »

And yes, the media will move on to the next big thing.

What else is new?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5162 on: April 12, 2021, 11:12:12 AM »

Baker testifies that the amount of fentanyl in George Floyd's system could have killed him

Difference between you and me is I see that murder and legitimately say, “That could be me. Now every shady thing I did in my life will be put out there ensuring my criminalization despite the fact some cop literally crushed the breath out of me.”

Imagine being slowly killed knowing you’re going to die and there is nothing you can do.

Chauvin, the Roman centurian, murdered Barabbas, but Barabbas has now been turned into Jesus.

It's no miracle, like changing water into wine. Just the media applying the appropriate lens of distortion in order to do what really matters in America; make money.

There is nothing about this case to celebrate or from which to extract any real change.

After this trial, criminals will break the law. The police will try to catch them. The politicians will monitor their local citizens and act accordingly.

The media will move on to the next big thing.

And the Floyd family will argue over who gets the $27 million

Jesus Christ, what’s that smell?

Oh, it’s the bullshit you just dropped in here.

No one gets murdered by the state so their family can be ‘reimbursed.’

I don’t see Floyd’s family fighting over $27 mil... that’s a lot of cheddar, everyone eats.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: April 12, 2021, 11:51:15 AM »

No, nobody's turned Barabbas into Jesus.

Just some folks, like you, act as if the murder of Barabbas wouldn't merit prosecution. So, we must be saying it was Jesus.

Show me where I said that this should not have been prosecuted.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: April 12, 2021, 11:51:48 AM »

What else is new?!
Unless it involves lies by the Biden family.
Those are ignored on a daily bssis.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: April 12, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »

It's no miracle, like changing water into wine. Just the media applying the appropriate lens of distortion in order to do what really matters in America; make money.

There is nothing about this case to celebrate or from which to extract any real change.

After this trial, criminals will break the law. The police will try to catch them. The politicians will monitor their local citizens and act accordingly.

I don’t see Floyd’s family fighting over $27 mil... that’s a lot of cheddar, everyone eats.

You overestimate people. It explains your continued disappointment.

Embrace reality. That's how it is.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: April 12, 2021, 11:56:07 AM »

What else is new?!
Unless it involves lies by the Biden family.
Those are ignored on a daily bssis.

WAAAUGHHH!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5167 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:07 PM »

Mapping police violence

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Fuck anyone who says the victim should have complied when the police kill someone over some bullshit like air fresheners or window tint.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5168 on: April 12, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »

”You overestimate people. It explains your continued disappointment.

Embrace reality. That's how it is”.

Fuck that.

”Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream of things that never were, and say why not.”

Bobby Kennedy

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: April 12, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »

You overestimate people. It explains your continued disappointment.

Embrace reality. That's how it is.

There are people who work like you say, Ham. I'm part of a family with 4 generations of internecine lawsuits.

But on the other side, 3 generations ago on, they have had no lawsuits among their members over the same century and a bit. Nor does it look like the next generation on that side will have one. And increasingly, it looks like the next generation on my side of the family may manage to avoid that malady - no credit to my generation!

I think your view of reality is skewed, if not as far from true as I wish it were.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: April 12, 2021, 01:52:18 PM »

If I were Russia or China or N. Korea etc.  how could I inflict the most devastating blows against the US. A direct invasion, no, no too bloody for anyone but Ayatollah types. Bomb. bomb perhaps but who would clean up the mess? I would push for open borders at home through the liberal elite and pass the cash to anchor babies and extended families. It would be like a plague of locusts in biblical times.

---Now, of the ten plagues, the eighth one was that of locusts. Moses warned the Pharaoh that God will send so many locusts that they will "cover each and every tree of the land and eat all that is there to be eaten"---. Are human babies like insects no, but the big guy wanted his people out. The bad guys want a decline in the US economy. Cuba experimented with the  the Mariel Boatlift in 1980.

You’ve mistaken the pollinators for locust. Good thing you are not in charge or all crops would be dead in a year.

If you want to find locusts, look no further than the pasty fascists who still support the murderous insurrection and it’s ring leaders. That’s where you see the brainless mouths reflexively devouring the nation’s future.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: April 12, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »

Mapping police violence

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/

Fuck anyone who says the victim should have complied when the police kill someone over some bullshit like air fresheners or window tint.

Or resisting arrest.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: April 12, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »

Waiiiiiiit for the information, Boogie.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: April 12, 2021, 02:10:45 PM »

Philonase said yesterday that there are so many that are "self medicating" and not getting the help they need.

I wonder how much of the 27 mil goes toward this.

DeeJ

« Reply #5174 on: April 12, 2021, 02:11:10 PM »

Bitchin' Mitch...
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2705