Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 2686

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 493195 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5205 on: April 12, 2021, 05:24:12 PM »

It seems America is getting back to "normal": Multiple gunshot victims including Knoxville police officer at Austin-East High School

https://www.wvlt.tv/2021/04/12/heavy-police-presence-at-austin-east-high-school/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: April 12, 2021, 05:27:33 PM »

Liar, Liar, pants on fire (Cont’d)

According to the Washington Post

Sen. Raphael G. Warnock, one of two new Demopcratic senators representing Georgia, signed an email sent out by the advocacy group 3.14 Action after the law passed, which claimed it ended no-excuse mail voting and restricted early voting on the weekends — early proposals that did not become law," the Post reported.
Those ideas were considered but did not make it into the final bill, which actually expands early voting in Georgia to 17 days, including two Saturdays. It also still allows no-excuse absentee voting, albeit with a shorter window of 67 days to apply.

President Biden has also disseminated false information about the law, getting Four Pinocchios from The Washington Post's Fact-Checker for claiming the law limits voting hours.

The Big Lie is there was a need to change existing election laws.

Have a seat.

Your best response there was no response.

The Rev simply fucked up
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: April 12, 2021, 05:31:27 PM »

Yeah, likely. It's a shame that she had to encounter such a dumbass skel.

I guess.

But also good that she is off the street.  Shame it took a killing for that to happen.

Bad cop, simply put.  In ability, not heart.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: April 12, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »

I guess.

But also good that she is off the street.  Shame it took a killing for that to happen.

Bad cop, simply put.  In ability, not heart.

So, you'd make a judgement on a 20-year vet based on one incident?  Unless you got more evidence to show, of course.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: April 12, 2021, 05:37:06 PM »

The mistake made was unconscionable.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: April 12, 2021, 05:40:00 PM »

Californication: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/california-vaccine-equity/index.html

California remains one of the states with the worst disparities in vaccinating its Latino population despite efforts like Abraham's and a statewide mandate that allocates 40% of vaccine doses to underserved communities. According to state data, 20% of vaccine doses have been administered to Latinos, who make up 39% of the population and 56% of cases. And 3% of vaccines have been administered to Black people in California, who make up 6% of the population and 4% of the cases. White people, meanwhile, have received 29% of vaccines and make up 20% of cases and 37% of the populations.

Health advocates say misinformation about the vaccine and lack of access have been key reasons for the racial inequities in California. Now they are urging the state and its partners to boost vaccination efforts in communities of color to prevent the disparity from growing when all California adults become eligible for the shot on April 15. Some fear that residents with reliable internet, transportation and the ability to take off work will continue to outpace poor Black and Latino communities that have been among the hardest hit by Covid-19.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: April 12, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

What did Justine Damond’s family do with the $20 mi?

2 million dollars to a local charity focused on decreasing gun violence

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: April 12, 2021, 05:43:02 PM »

It seems so, on the surface, but the audio seems to indicate a plausible error in judgement.

I don't own a Taser or a handgun, but I can imagine that if you're well trained, you know which one you're holding at any given time---unless you're in a panicked state, for some reason.

Still, I can't also imagine why this clown thought it was a good idea to try to make a run for it---and that will never be known.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: April 12, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »

I’m not waiting till you are dead to call you a clown, clown.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: April 12, 2021, 05:49:01 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: April 12, 2021, 05:51:41 PM »

It seems so, on the surface, but the audio seems to indicate a plausible error in judgement.

I don't own a Taser or a handgun, but I can imagine that if you're well trained, you know which one you're holding at any given time---unless you're in a panicked state, for some reason.

Still, I can't also imagine why this clown thought it was a good idea to try to make a run for it---and that will never be known.

He is dead because of his own actions.  As is George Floyd.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: April 12, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »

His mom also failed to save him during the phone call.

"Just do as they say" would have gone a long way.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5217 on: April 12, 2021, 06:00:38 PM »

Gee...it sure looks and sounds like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

[url=https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]]https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]
like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw

This is NOT murder.

Manslaughter and negligent homicide are much clearer charges, given the released video and background of the incident, preceded by the absolute end of that officer’s career.

Why didn’t dumbass know her taser from her service weapon?

By the way, check your meds. You’re starting to spiral into one of those fits of rage where you tell everyone how miserable they are as you try and make yourself feel better... but fail.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5218 on: April 12, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »

He is dead because of his own actions.  As is George Floyd.

He’s dead because the cop shot him.

George Floyd was slowly and deliberately murdered.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5219 on: April 12, 2021, 06:08:57 PM »

Liar, Liar, pants on fire (Cont’d)

According to the Washington Post

Sen. Raphael G. Warnock, one of two new Demopcratic senators representing Georgia, signed an email sent out by the advocacy group 3.14 Action after the law passed, which claimed it ended no-excuse mail voting and restricted early voting on the weekends — early proposals that did not become law," the Post reported.
Those ideas were considered but did not make it into the final bill, which actually expands early voting in Georgia to 17 days, including two Saturdays. It also still allows no-excuse absentee voting, albeit with a shorter window of 67 days to apply.

President Biden has also disseminated false information about the law, getting Four Pinocchios from The Washington Post's Fact-Checker for claiming the law limits voting hours.

The Big Lie is there was a need to change existing election laws.

Have a seat.

Your best response there was no response.

The Rev simply fucked up

Everything about these laws is based on a fucking lie and saying “Oh, there is actually...” still doesn’t change the fact black folks voted and won.

You can’t compete on a level playing field.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 2686