Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 2707

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 497477 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5250 on: April 12, 2021, 11:46:37 PM »

Average daily deaths is down to the lowest levels in about 6 months. May the trend continue.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: April 13, 2021, 12:39:41 AM »

While Black Lives Matters founders are buying up million dollar homes in white neighborhood their
foot soldiers in Minneapolis suburbs are looting Dollar Tree stores.
And the media shrugs.

While Donald Trump, con-artiste, ne're do well, and often failed investor and real estate mogul, was scamming and lying to his followers many of those same schmucks were looting and defiling the capitol.

Fox, OAN, NewsMax sold pillows, yawned and went to sleep as fascists took over the GOP.

You’ve got to furnish your new McMansions somehow. You can’t just count on the white folks you are replacing.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: April 13, 2021, 12:41:26 AM »

While Donald Trump, con-artiste, ne're do well, and often failed investor and real estate mogul, was ......

shhhhhhh....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: April 13, 2021, 12:47:02 AM »

Wake up, you sad fascist dupe. Your allegiance makes you irredeemable. You disgust your countrymen and disgrace all those born into freedom with your ceaseless pandering to worthless shitheels.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: April 13, 2021, 03:05:28 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: April 13, 2021, 03:13:58 AM »

http://www.vox.com/the-goods/2021/4/5/22368566/corporate-response-georgia-sb202

Corporate involvement in politics is fine when it's My Pillow or Goya or (gasp!) Citizens United.

But for some reason, the GOP has problems with that involvement when it is by the likes of Coke and Delta.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: April 13, 2021, 03:21:39 AM »

Gee...it sure looks and sounds like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

[url=https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]]https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]
like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw

This is NOT murder.

Manslaughter and negligent homicide are much clearer charges, given the released video and background of the incident, preceded by the absolute end of that officer’s career.

Yeah, likely. It's a shame that she had to encounter such a dumbass skel.

Why didn’t dumbass know her taser from her service weapon?

By the way, check your meds. You’re starting to spiral into one of those fits of rage where you tell everyone how miserable they are as you try and make yourself feel better... but fail.

How's the counseling going, Larry?

Great!

My therapist has been a valuable resource in these trying times.

You should try it and see about dealing with the self esteem issues that keep kick8ng your ass.

If only Da/unte had gone quietly...and not resisted arrest.
If only Da/unte hadn't had a warrant out for his arrest.
If only Da/unte hadn't allegedly been driving an unregistered vehicle.

The rioters and looters don't seem to be taking much notice of Joe.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:25:39 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: April 13, 2021, 04:42:38 AM »

Was this handled correctly by police in Georgia?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/georgia-police-officers-shot/index.html

From the linked article, my bolding

“Langley said one of the suspects was arrested ‘after a negotiation’ and is being held in the Carroll County Jail. The other suspect was killed, but Langley didn't specify how.

That makes answering your question more an act of faith than reason at this point.

The whole firefight provides yet another great reason to get as many guns as possible removed from circulation and decommissioned not to mention clamping way way down on the volume of new ones available for purchase.

Hope the officers involved all make full recoveries.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:45:13 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: April 13, 2021, 05:30:24 AM »

In August 2020 around one million handguns were sold in the U.S.
Why?
Mostly self defence, is my guess.

"God and Guns".
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: April 13, 2021, 06:54:48 AM »

Gee...it sure looks and sounds like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

[url=https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]]https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw]
like an accidental discharge, but if the dope doesn't try to get back in his car, that doesn't happen.

https://youtu.be/KGT9Dme1smw

This is NOT murder.

Manslaughter and negligent homicide are much clearer charges, given the released video and background of the incident, preceded by the absolute end of that officer’s career.

Yeah, likely. It's a shame that she had to encounter such a dumbass skel.

Why didn’t dumbass know her taser from her service weapon?

By the way, check your meds. You’re starting to spiral into one of those fits of rage where you tell everyone how miserable they are as you try and make yourself feel better... but fail.

How's the counseling going, Larry?

Great!

My therapist has been a valuable resource in these trying times.

You should try it and see about dealing with the self esteem issues that keep kick8ng your ass.

I think that's great it's working out for you. Are you addressing the anger issues? They're at your core.

Hence the need to deflect and attack others.

Good luck.

Projection, bruh.

You’re describing yourself but trying to project your own attributes on me.

Isn’t it about time for you to start calling me Remus?

Poor Larry. So needy.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: April 13, 2021, 06:58:52 AM »

This kid did everything right, like most of us have.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/04/20-year-old-held-at-gunpoint-by-police-for-driving-with-no-headlights/

. “I’m going to tell this story to my kids and my siblings when they’re ready. They’re going to see how calm I was and know what to do. And they’re going to know not to act crazy because the police will act crazier and not get in trouble...

Good kid.

He got right what Wright got wrong.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: April 13, 2021, 07:00:31 AM »

At every protest there are three distinct groups in the assembly.

A. Those down with the cause who have come out to express themselves and their solidarity.

B. Provocateurs who really don’t give a shit but are happy to just break shit and fell macho.

C. The folks who may be on the grind but know they’ll probably never get the things that are constantly being marketed to them and say, “Well, shit! I’m gonna go get mine.”

And folks always always respond the same way.

“But the burning and the looting” and to fuck with why people are out in the Street in the first place.

BTW

What the fuck ever happened to the Umbrella Man?

"At every protest", huh?

Maybe in some communities.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5263 on: April 13, 2021, 07:07:56 AM »

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/04/20-year-old-held-at-gunpoint-by-police-for-driving-with-no-headlights/

. “I’m going to tell this story to my kids and my siblings when they’re ready. They’re going to see how calm I was and know what to do. And they’re going to know not to act crazy because the police will act crazier and not get in trouble...

Good kid.

Yes, the lesson is you must be more rational and calm than the trained professionals in order to save your life from those sworn to serve and protect.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: April 13, 2021, 07:17:47 AM »

Good kid.

Yes, the lesson is you must be more rational and calm than the trained professionals in order to save your life from those sworn to serve and protect.

The reality is Wright, like most criminals, was a dope. This kid? Not so much.

Good news for you, though, Larry.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/business/costco-food-courts-hot-dogs/index.html

They'll be happy to see you, again!
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 2707