Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 2930

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765715 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5670 on: April 20, 2021, 05:19:50 PM »

Vatican News

25 minutes  ·

Bishop Mario Dorsonville, USCCB Chairman on Migration, has called on the US government to increase the number of refugees it admits into the country in order to respond to the immense resettlement need. He stresses that every person is created in the image of God and must be valued, protected and respected for the intrinsic dignity he or she possesses.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/church/news/2021-04/migration-refugees-us-government-bishop-usccb.html

There is a huge crisis with the people of Venezuela, people are starving, and so many people from Venezuela are coming to the United States, especially to Florida.

As the people from Venezuela come to the USA then I recommend that they check out Battle Mountain, Nevada. They can raise cattle, and they can raise sheep, and they can raise pigs, etc, there are some huge cattle ranches in Nevada, and Nevada Beef is some of the best Beef in the world.

Also, there is a college in Elko, Nevada, for the people from Venezuela who want to go to college and study.

Nevada is cheap, and the land is plentiful, and I recommend that the refugees from Venezuela look at Nevada, and especially look at Battle Mountain, and at Elko.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Mountain,_Nevada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elko,_Nevada

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:24:16 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: April 20, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »

Justice

sometimes rears it head

The video of the whole thing dictated the verdicts.

Exactly why people now have cameras anywhere and everywhere.
In their cars, camper vans/RVs, on their person, in their hands...ready to record any and every interaction with the police.
All shown clearly in YouTube videos.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:28:35 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: April 20, 2021, 05:39:46 PM »

In my world, I support "the police".
I like them to get the speed hogs, drunk drivers, drugged drivers, stolen car drivers, mobile phone hand-holding calling and texting drivers, drivers of unregistered cars, ...off the roads, so I can drive along in safety.
I like them to catch all the burglars and home invaders, gun/knife toting thugs, genuine rapists etc ...so team bambu can live a peaceful and happy life.
I only support good police.
Bad police should be removed from the force.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 05:43:52 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: April 20, 2021, 06:17:58 PM »

America got a little greater again today in more ways than one. We seem to have a bit of a streak going since this hard won and fortuitous change in leadership.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5675 on: April 20, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »

America got a little greater again today in more ways than one. We seem to have a bit of a streak going since this hard won and fortuitous change in leadership.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: April 20, 2021, 07:13:17 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/20/trump-georgia-gop-election-fraud-483193

The treasonous opposition is having a hard time getting its shit together. It’s time to kick them in every possible way to prevent them from harming themselves or others.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: April 20, 2021, 07:48:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/20/business/coal-union-biden-infrastructure/index.html

Coal workers coming out pro-Biden's infrastructure plan.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: April 20, 2021, 07:50:42 PM »

DK, but when Trump said phrases like what Waters said,  his listeners seemed to latch onto the message as code for get violent.  It's not that her message isn't in the Gandhian spirit,  it's that American ears now seem to hear it the wrong way and not just on the political Right.

Her implication is for the assembled to react to a verdict that she doesn't desire "by any means necessary".

Code speech, "Permission to riot, granted."

Same as Trump in 1/6/21.

Hyperbole, much?

By no means the same.

Equivalent. Completely.

The President of the United States, who has claimed the election was stolen from him, to white supremacists already in DC.

A Representative from California to a group of protesters in Minnesota.

Yeah, completely equivalent.

/Snort/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: April 20, 2021, 08:17:27 PM »

DK, but when Trump said phrases like what Waters said,  his listeners seemed to latch onto the message as code for get violent.  It's not that her message isn't in the Gandhian spirit,  it's that American ears now seem to hear it the wrong way and not just on the political Right.

Her implication is for the assembled to react to a verdict that she doesn't desire "by any means necessary".

Same as Trump in 1/6/21.

Hyperbole, much?

By no means the same.

Equivalent. Completely.

The President of the United States, who has claimed the election was stolen from him, to white supremacists already in DC.

/Snort/

Both advocated lawlessness with irresponsible speech.

The end.

You lose.

Get the fuck out.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: April 20, 2021, 08:32:00 PM »

Same as Trump in 1/6/21.

Hyperbole, much?

By no means the same.

Equivalent. Completely.

/Snort/

The end.

You lose.

Get the fuck out.

Ooh, you found two points of similarity.

Yes, of course that makes it "Equivalent. Completely," Ham.

I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

And yes, I lose - I engaged in a discussion with you, as if you would be honest in it.

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

When was the last time you admitted you were wrong, Ham?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5682 on: April 20, 2021, 08:46:10 PM »

Same as Trump in 1/6/21.

Hyperbole, much?

By no means the same.

Equivalent. Completely.

/Snort/

The end.

You lose.

Get the fuck out.

Ooh, you found two points of similarity.

Yes, of course that makes it "Equivalent. Completely," Ham.

I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

And yes, I lose - I engaged in a discussion with you, as if you would be honest in it.

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

When was the last time you admitted you were wrong, Ham?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5683 on: April 20, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

You have to wonder how many cops like this are out there and then imagine how many lives have been ruined just because they could be ruined.

https://dcist.com/story/21/04/16/va-judge-tosses-elon-wilson-conviction-amid-police-bias-claims/

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: April 20, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »

Happy 95th Birthday, your Majesty.
God Save the Queen.

Seems Harry was none too popular among most members of the Royal Family. The Queen...and his brother, father, and sister in law spoke to him, seems everyone else shunned him.
Nothing he shouldn't have expected.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:57:33 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 2930