Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 2930

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765639 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5700 on: April 21, 2021, 12:18:10 AM »

Local Columbus activist K.C. Taynor of Exodus Nation told The Daily Beast the latest police killing made it impossible to celebrate the Chauvin verdict.

Sooooo deprived

Biologicals, who couldnt/wouldnt raise the 15 year old, will now look to cha-chingggggg - having already compared this girl to Breonna

Your compassion is noted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: April 21, 2021, 02:43:17 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/20/europe/who-global-covid-cases-rise-intl/index.html

In addition to the record number of new COVID-19 cases this past week, the world has also seen an increase in deaths over the last few weeks. The current rate is the highest it's been since February 8th - and was only higher than now for the period from Jan 8 to Feb 8. While I hope it won't rise the additional 2,200 per day to catch the prior high, I am not optimistic.

In the US, after a rise in cases of about 30% per day at its recent peak, the daily new cases seems to be decreasing again, though not sharply at this time.

Our death rate seems to have leveled off at about 740-750, but at least that's nearly 80% off our high. The fear is that we will start to see the same increases that much of the rest of the world is seeing, including higher numbers of youths getting sick and ending up hospitalized.

So far, it is just that: a fear.

May it stay that way.

(I will be getting my 2nd shot on Thursday. My spouse got the J&J almost 2 weeks ago.)

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: April 21, 2021, 02:46:30 AM »

Local Columbus activist K.C. Taynor of Exodus Nation told The Daily Beast the latest police killing made it impossible to celebrate the Chauvin verdict.

Sooooo deprived

Biologicals, who couldnt/wouldnt raise the 15 year old, will now look to cha-chingggggg - having already compared this girl to Breonna

Your compassion is noted.

Thankfully no literate person can catch his terminal illness.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:21 AM »

Happy 95th Birthday, your Majesty.
God Save the Queen.

Seems Harry was none too popular among most members of the Royal Family. The Queen...and his brother, father, and sister in law spoke to him, seems everyone else shunned him.
Nothing he shouldn't have expected.

don't take this the wrong way but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUkgRAy_Vo

lol
Could be your "First Gentleman" one day, when Meghan becomes President.

People are wondering just how long it will be until he returns to Britain.
Might not be long  before Americans twig to what others already know.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 04:51:24 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: April 21, 2021, 05:08:56 AM »

You must be talking about how great an idea it is to tax the wealthy a lot and others a bit to pay for full public healthcare.

Or you might mean that fossil fuels are dying and while those industries die they are killing us off even faster.

Or maybe you are referring to the fact that organized labor is at least as important to a healthy company as the sum total of its investors and should have an equally weighty seat at the table where the operations are steered.

Or that guns should be rare, legal, and safe like abortions should be.

Or that clean food and clean water are both basic human rights.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: April 21, 2021, 08:02:32 AM »

You must be talking about how great an idea it is to tax the wealthy a lot and others a bit to pay for full public healthcare.

Or you might mean that fossil fuels are dying and while those industries die they are killing us off even faster.

Or maybe you are referring to the fact that organized labor is at least as important to a healthy company as the sum total of its investors and should have an equally weighty seat at the table where the operations are steered.

Or that guns should be rare, legal, and safe like abortions should be.

Or that clean food and clean water are both basic human rights.

It was reported that when ScoMo spoke with Joe the other day he was told that unless he embraced "zero emissions by 2050" no world leaders at global conferences would speak to him.
Now all of a sudden coal is out in bambuland and renewables are in.
lol
Then the only thing left is nuclear.
Might as well make some nuclear weapons while we're at it.
Nuke powered, nuke armed subs...not much good buying diesel powered ones.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:37:15 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: April 21, 2021, 09:14:05 AM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

You have to wonder how many cops like this are out there and then imagine how many lives have been ruined just because they could be ruined.

https://dcist.com/story/21/04/16/va-judge-tosses-elon-wilson-conviction-amid-police-bias-claims/

Maybe you should wonder more about:
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one killer of black males ages 10-35 is homicide, indicating a higher rate of violence than any other group. Black females are four times more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or girlfriend than their white counterparts, and although intimate partner violence has declined for both black and white females, black women are still disproportionately killed.

Your concern trolling is tiresome.

Ahhh..when you get challenged or uncomfortable, label your questioner a troll or a racist.

Lame.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:22:37 AM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: April 21, 2021, 09:21:32 AM »

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

You were banned outright.

You lie like a carpet. Talk about "behave as expected."

And there's a reason you can't answer my question. You're no better than Ward or Kid.

You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh. Your pedantic ways fail, when others' philosophy doesn't align with yours.

Meanwhile you ignore the bike that spews from those with whom you see as leftist teammates.

Or you'd give a timeout to a few others here.

Same as it ever was.

Your own system is broken.

You preach tolerance, but show little; advocate discussion, yet act to silence others.

And you can't get over the fact that some of us aren't here seeking the approval of others or affirmation of their every utterance.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: April 21, 2021, 09:26:11 AM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

Ye shall reap what ye shall sow, neighborhood.

barton

« Reply #5710 on: April 21, 2021, 09:38:30 AM »

Not to be outdone Nancy Pelosi blurted  out this :

Thank you, George Floyd, for sacrificing your life for justice.

Thankfully it did not take long for bi-partisan condemnation of such a stupid statement.

On this we agree.   Pelosi appears to be aging out of her position and I hope she can gracefully step down.   I find comments like that difficult to respect,  no matter how kind her intent.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: April 21, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

You were banned outright.

You lie like a carpet. Talk about "behave as expected."

And there's a reason you can't answer my question. You're no better than Ward or Kid.

You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh. Your pedantic ways fail, when others' philosophy doesn't align with yours.

Meanwhile you ignore the bike that spews from those with whom you see as leftist teammates.

Or you'd give a timeout to a few others here.

Same as it ever was.

Your own system is broken.

You preach tolerance, but show little; advocate discussion, yet act to silence others.

And you can't get over the fact that some of us aren't here seeking the approval of others or affirmation of their every utterance.
Why do you post here?
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #5712 on: April 21, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: April 21, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »

---All homeless people living on Los Angeles' Skid Row must be offered housing by October 18, a federal judge ordered Tuesday.---

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/los-angeles-skid-row-housing-order/index.html

I applaud. Before you start opening borders to anchor babies, make certain American citizens who want it have a roof over their heads and a chicken in the pot. Now were finally getting someplace as a society.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: April 21, 2021, 09:57:32 AM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

You have to wonder how many cops like this are out there and then imagine how many lives have been ruined just because they could be ruined.

https://dcist.com/story/21/04/16/va-judge-tosses-elon-wilson-conviction-amid-police-bias-claims/

Maybe you should wonder more about:
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one killer of black males ages 10-35 is homicide, indicating a higher rate of violence than any other group. Black females are four times more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or girlfriend than their white counterparts, and although intimate partner violence has declined for both black and white females, black women are still disproportionately killed.

Your concern trolling is tiresome.
Even at face value it is a stupid thing to say. It is like saying you should not devote yourself to raising money to find a cure for multiple sclerosis because cancer kills more people. But then two things I have noticed about people who make this argument: they do not themselves give a rat's ass about doing anything about black on black violence other than pretend to deplore it, and they are invariably racists.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 2930