Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 2930

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765484 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5715 on: April 21, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »

Happy 95th Birthday, your Majesty.
God Save the Queen.

Seems Harry was none too popular among most members of the Royal Family. The Queen...and his brother, father, and sister in law spoke to him, seems everyone else shunned him.
Nothing he shouldn't have expected.

don't take this the wrong way but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUkgRAy_Vo

lol
Could be your "First Gentleman" one day, when Meghan becomes President.

People are wondering just how long it will be until he returns to Britain.
Might not be long  before Americans twig to what others already know.
You mean that except for the bare minimum for appearances the royal family are racist, elitist scum? We already know that.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: April 21, 2021, 10:46:41 AM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.

Here we go again.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: April 21, 2021, 10:53:18 AM »

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

You were banned outright.

You lie like a carpet. Talk about "behave as expected."

And there's a reason you can't answer my question. You're no better than Ward or Kid.

You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh. Your pedantic ways fail, when others' philosophy doesn't align with yours.

Meanwhile you ignore the bike that spews from those with whom you see as leftist teammates.

Or you'd give a timeout to a few others here.

Same as it ever was.

Your own system is broken.

You preach tolerance, but show little; advocate discussion, yet act to silence others.

And you can't get over the fact that some of us aren't here seeking the approval of others or affirmation of their every utterance.
Why do you post here?

Said Moses the Raven, as ever wanting to take the discussion to something well beyond what it is.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: April 21, 2021, 10:55:53 AM »

Is that your answer?
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: April 21, 2021, 10:57:55 AM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

You have to wonder how many cops like this are out there and then imagine how many lives have been ruined just because they could be ruined.

https://dcist.com/story/21/04/16/va-judge-tosses-elon-wilson-conviction-amid-police-bias-claims/

Maybe you should wonder more about:
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one killer of black males ages 10-35 is homicide, indicating a higher rate of violence than any other group. Black females are four times more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or girlfriend than their white counterparts, and although intimate partner violence has declined for both black and white females, black women are still disproportionately killed.

Your concern trolling is tiresome.
Even at face value it is a stupid thing to say. It is like saying you should not devote yourself to raising money to find a cure for multiple sclerosis because cancer kills more people. But then two things I have noticed about people who make this argument: they do not themselves give a rat's ass about doing anything about black on black violence other than pretend to deplore it, and they are invariably racists.

"The others said of Squealer that he could turn black into white."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5720 on: April 21, 2021, 11:01:29 AM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

You have to wonder how many cops like this are out there and then imagine how many lives have been ruined just because they could be ruined.

https://dcist.com/story/21/04/16/va-judge-tosses-elon-wilson-conviction-amid-police-bias-claims/

According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one killer of black males ages 10-35 is homicide, indicating a higher rate of violence than any other group. Black females are four times more likely to be murdered by a boyfriend or girlfriend than their white counterparts, and although intimate partner violence has declined for both black and white females, black women are still disproportionately killed.

Ahhh..when you get challenged or uncomfortable, label your questioner a troll or a racist.

Lame.

In that case, you’re being an asshole.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5721 on: April 21, 2021, 11:02:59 AM »

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

And there's a reason you can't answer my question. You're no better than Ward or Kid.

You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh. Your pedantic ways fail, when others' philosophy doesn't align with yours.

Meanwhile you ignore the bike that spews from those with whom you see as leftist teammates.

Same as it ever was.

Your own system is broken.

You preach tolerance, but show little; advocate discussion, yet act to silence others.

And you can't get over the fact that some of us aren't here seeking the approval of others or affirmation of their every utterance.

Boo hoo hoo...

Poor little UNO.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5722 on: April 21, 2021, 11:03:50 AM »

Not to be outdone Nancy Pelosi blurted  out this :

Thank you, George Floyd, for sacrificing your life for justice.

Thankfully it did not take long for bi-partisan condemnation of such a stupid statement.

On this we agree.   Pelosi appears to be aging out of her position and I hope she can gracefully step down.   I find comments like that difficult to respect,  no matter how kind her intent.

Oh, please.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:34 AM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.
Bitch got what was coming to her, 'm I right?

Here we go again.
Indeed.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5724 on: April 21, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

Your revisionist history is entertaining. You got banned for repeatedly attempting to out private information about another poster. And a timeout for a personal attack about private life.

Timeouts don't yet come for people's "bike," Ham, or all of us just about would be in permanent banning.

And your comment that "You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh" is hilarious. As I already said, there is a reason you cannot cite when you last admitted you were wrong about anything, Ham.

I make mistakes. I admit errors. I post articles that demonstrate that I was wrong about things. And I admit ignorance in bunches of areas.

That you wish to paint yourself as the victim when you are called out for your trolling behavior, while accusing others of having a "victim mentality" is par for the course.

I am pedantic at times. It would be nice if you could see it in yourself, as well, because you are no less so than I.

And better still if you could own up to simply being wrong from time to time.

This is me not holding my breath.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: April 21, 2021, 12:15:04 PM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

Ahhh..when you get challenged or uncomfortable, label your questioner a troll or a racist.

Lame.

Lamer.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: April 21, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

Your revisionist history is entertaining. You got banned for repeatedly attempting to out private information about another poster. And a timeout for a personal attack about private life.

Timeouts don't yet come for people's "bike," Ham, or all of us just about would be in permanent banning.

And your comment that "You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh" is hilarious. As I already said, there is a reason you cannot cite when you last admitted you were wrong about anything, Ham.

I make mistakes. I admit errors. I post articles that demonstrate that I was wrong about things. And I admit ignorance in bunches of areas.

That you wish to paint yourself as the victim when you are called out for your trolling behavior, while accusing others of having a "victim mentality" is par for the course.

I am pedantic at times. It would be nice if you could see it in yourself, as well, because you are no less so than I.

And better still if you could own up to simply being wrong from time to time.

This is me not holding my breath.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But it so rarely happens, which is why you can't recall it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: April 21, 2021, 12:22:08 PM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Yeah, cause all the good girls carry knives and brawl in the street.

Just as George Floyd became Jesus. Funny thing about Jesus. He didn't resist arrest, though he was arrested. He was not an addict, nor did he have a criminal history of violence and resisting arrest. His supporters didn't riot in the streets of Jerusalem. They also didn't get 27 million shekels from the Jerusalem city council. He suffered and died, but truly for others, and was aware that was what he was doing at the time. That status wasn't created for him.

So, let's not turn this 15-year old into Joan of Arc, okay?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: April 21, 2021, 12:24:45 PM »

Meanwhile in NoVa....

Lame.

Lamer.

Yes, you are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 2930