Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765294 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5730 on: April 21, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »

If one of us is getting "the fuck out," it should be the person I banned once already.

That would be Larry.

Btw, you're still wrong.

But, behave as expected.

Larry got a time out.

You were banned outright.

You lie like a carpet. Talk about "behave as expected."

And there's a reason you can't answer my question. You're no better than Ward or Kid.

You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh. Your pedantic ways fail, when others' philosophy doesn't align with yours.

Meanwhile you ignore the bike that spews from those with whom you see as leftist teammates.

Or you'd give a timeout to a few others here.

Your revisionist history is entertaining. You got banned for repeatedly attempting to out private information about another poster. And a timeout for a personal attack about private life.

Timeouts don't yet come for people's "bike," Ham, or all of us just about would be in permanent banning.

And your comment that "You just can't handle anyone disagreeing with you, josh" is hilarious. As I already said, there is a reason you cannot cite when you last admitted you were wrong about anything, Ham.

I make mistakes. I admit errors. I post articles that demonstrate that I was wrong about things. And I admit ignorance in bunches of areas.

That you wish to paint yourself as the victim when you are called out for your trolling behavior, while accusing others of having a "victim mentality" is par for the course.

I am pedantic at times. It would be nice if you could see it in yourself, as well, because you are no less so than I.

And better still if you could own up to simply being wrong from time to time.

This is me not holding my breath.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But it so rarely happens, which is why you can't recall it.

Uh huh.

I didn't say that I can't remember your being wrong.

I said that you can't remember the last time you admitted that you were wrong.

This would be an instance of your answering the wrong question and being unwilling to admit it.

I'm done wasting my breath on you for a while, Troll. You, Kid, and the Sea Lion can go play together in racist land. Have fun.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: April 21, 2021, 12:28:14 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: April 21, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.
Bitch got what was coming to her, 'm I right?

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Yeah, cause all the good girls carry knives and brawl in the street.

Just as George Floyd became Jesus. Funny thing about Jesus. He didn't resist arrest, though he was arrested. He was not an addict, nor did he have a criminal history of violence and resisting arrest. His supporters didn't riot in the streets of Jerusalem. They also didn't get 27 million shekels from the Jerusalem city council. He suffered and died, but truly for others, and was aware that was what he was doing at the time. That status wasn't created for him.

So, let's not turn this 15-year old into Joan of Arc, okay?
George Floyd AND that Bitch deserved to die, 'm I right?
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: April 21, 2021, 12:38:59 PM »

So what will be the name of this "state", should it become one, as the White House says it should?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SAP-H.R.-51.pdf?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210421&instance_id=29493&nl=the-morning&regi_id=84875864&segment_id=56000&te=1&user_id=6032d68d2130dcaf32e69581a0c019c3

And seriously, what everyone knows is only a city would get two Senators to serve 6 year terms and a House of Rep? Is that because the Dems want those extra votes for their Congress, and think they can count of DC to deliver for years to come? It certainly seems an outsized reward for bringing very little to the table. I mean what does DC actually contribute to the USA, if given statehood?

What would be the capital city of DC?

But what about Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Marianas?

Want to add 10 more Senators in Congress, and at least 10 more in the House?

Think that will help the USA? 56 stars on the flag has other implications, too.

Perhaps the solution lies in granting them partial representation in Congress, without granting full statehood.

Give DC back to Maryland and VA. Whichever side of the Potomac you are on, that then becomes a congressional district for those 2 states and you can vote for governor and Senate in those respective states, and you can have a member of the House. Granting Senators to DC is too much, IMO.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: April 21, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Just as George Floyd became Jesus. Funny thing about Jesus. He didn't resist arrest, though he was arrested. He was not an addict, nor did he have a criminal history of violence and resisting arrest. His supporters didn't riot in the streets of Jerusalem. They also didn't get 27 million shekels from the Jerusalem city council. He suffered and died, but truly for others, and was aware that was what he was doing at the time. That status wasn't created for him.

That's your take, not mine, as it is something I've never said. But that's what you do. You regularly infer what was never implied, and for your political purpose.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: April 21, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »

I said that you can't remember the last time you admitted that you were wrong.

And I'm saying that I am wrong so little of the time, there are so few chances for me to admit as such, which is why you have no memory of such.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: April 21, 2021, 12:53:19 PM »

Destined to die....?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: April 21, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: April 21, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

That's your take, not mine, as it is something I've never said.
No one said Floyd was Jesus or Maria Bryant was Joan of Arc either. But you use that to dehumanize them and downplay their deaths nevertheless. And like everyone else here I understand the nature of your dog whistles.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: April 21, 2021, 01:11:57 PM »

Destined to die....?
Everyone is.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5740 on: April 21, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

You are a sick hateful racist...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5741 on: April 21, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: April 21, 2021, 01:24:25 PM »

"No matter the verdict, violence is expected"...my breakfast radio host just reported.

What did he say today?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5743 on: April 21, 2021, 01:25:09 PM »

So what will be the name of this "state", should it become one, as the White House says it should?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SAP-H.R.-51.pdf?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210421&instance_id=29493&nl=the-morning&regi_id=84875864&segment_id=56000&te=1&user_id=6032d68d2130dcaf32e69581a0c019c3

And seriously, what everyone knows is only a city would get two Senators to serve 6 year terms and a House of Rep? Is that because the Dems want those extra votes for their Congress, and think they can count of DC to deliver for years to come? It certainly seems an outsized reward for bringing very little to the table. I mean what does DC actually contribute to the USA, if given statehood?

What would be the capital city of DC?

But what about Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Marianas?

Want to add 10 more Senators in Congress, and at least 10 more in the House?

Think that will help the USA? 56 stars on the flag has other implications, too.

Perhaps the solution lies in granting them partial representation in Congress, without granting full statehood.

Give DC back to Maryland and VA. Whichever side of the Potomac you are on, that then becomes a congressional district for those 2 states and you can vote for governor and Senate in those respective states, and you can have a member of the House. Granting Senators to DC is too much, IMO.

Your opinion isn’t worth a pound of horse shit because at least manure makes good fertilizer.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5744 on: April 21, 2021, 01:26:39 PM »

Destined to die....?
Everyone is.

No one gets out of here alive...

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 2929