Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765165 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5925 on: April 24, 2021, 07:42:29 PM »

As for getting your scientific estimates from EXXON, lol!
Sure.
An energy company would not want to know the facts.

ROFLMAO!

I bet you believed in the research pr scented by the tobacco industry.

What a shill. What a sucker.

When someone thinks an oil company can be trusted not to massage their data to promote oil,  I figure the chat's over.   I note that Oil's more substantive points Red omitted from his quote and declined to answer.
You can’t be serious.
EXXON is in the energy business, has been for well over 135 years.  It didn’t become an energy giant by NOT paying attention to research in all types of fuels.
I repeat the quote I used in my post:

Exxon Mo­bile estimated more re­cently that
if all new cars were elec­tric by 2025, and the world’s ENTIRE fleet were elec­tric by 2040, liq­uid-fuel de­mand in 2040 would be the same as 2013’s.

That has nothing to do with “ massaging” anything.  It is important  to know when in spending billions on new energy efforts that the need for existing fuels is put into perspective.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: April 24, 2021, 07:58:37 PM »

Some thoughts on the shooting in Columbus:

I find it hard to believe that a teenage girl has any skills at using a knife to inflict mortal wounds in
a matter of seconds...

DJ,  I agree some of your questions are important and deserve investigation.   However,  you should not find it hard to believe anyone can inflict a mortal wound with a steak knife (or similar) in a second or two.   It happens.  And it can happen in a street fight even where skill levels are low.   Multiple arteries lie not far from the surface of a human body and can be opened up with one slash.

Saw that happen on Pacific Street just off Nostrand under my window a bit more than a decade ago. It was pretty fucking sudden.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: April 24, 2021, 08:06:01 PM »

Watching Season 1 Episode 7 of West Wing - The State Dinner

A hurricane rushing through the Atlantic with a US ship in its sights....

(Democrat) President Bartlett only has connection with a 3rd class seaman - and speaks to him with calm and respect - in such a devastating time of distress

I cannot help thinking - this is how President Bush and President Trump would have also handled a similar crisis

We are too often not together in our appreciation for the trials and the challenges that belie men in the top spot.  We really should be more often.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2017/10/the-west-wing-season-1-episode-7-review-the-state-dinner/

That’s how Uncle Joe handles these things.

Bush wouldn’t be bothered to call which is why he let terrorists blow up the WTC, got us into a stupid and unrelated war to create more terrorists, let New Orleans stew in hurricane aftermath, and let The Who damn economy crash. It’s why he left office with less than 28% support and why no real leader could make a case for the republicans in 2008, 2012, 2016, or 2020, and why no one will be able to ever again.

Trump would see it as an opportunity to run a shakedown on that seaman third class because that’s the sick worthless animal trump is.

You do have a strange obsession with fake presidents, evidenced by you mentioning three of them in a single post.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: April 24, 2021, 08:13:08 PM »

Sure.

ROFLMAO!

When someone thinks an oil company can be trusted not to massage their data to promote oil,  I figure the chat's over.   I note that Oil's more substantive points Red omitted from his quote and declined to answer.
You can’t be serious.
EXXON is in the energy business, has been for well over 135 years.  It didn’t become an energy giant by NOT paying attention to research in all types of fuels.
I repeat the quote I used in my post:

Exxon Mo­bile estimated more re­cently that
if all new cars were elec­tric by 2025, and the world’s ENTIRE fleet were elec­tric by 2040, liq­uid-fuel de­mand in 2040 would be the same as 2013’s.

That has nothing to do with “ massaging” anything.  It is important  to know when in spending billions on new energy efforts that the need for existing fuels is put into perspective.

The underlying assumption to this bullshit is that in Exxon’s scenario they don’t lose market in other sectors and instead see continued growth in the fossil fuel racket there to offset some of their automotive loss where in fact they will be getting their balls cut off across the board wherever and whenever greener options become available in the various sectors not just in the ground fleet.

Keys please, you fucking invalid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5930 on: April 24, 2021, 08:14:52 PM »

Some thoughts on the shooting in Columbus:

I find it hard to believe that a teenage girl has any skills at using a knife to inflict mortal wounds in
a matter of seconds...

DJ,  I agree some of your questions are important and deserve investigation.   However,  you should not find it hard to believe anyone can inflict a mortal wound with a steak knife (or similar) in a second or two.   It happens.  And it can happen in a street fight even where skill levels are low.   Multiple arteries lie not far from the surface of a human body and can be opened up with one slash.

No one asks why this girl was fighting with TWO people in front of her foster home.
People dragging her family and no wants to know what the person who was contractually obligated to see to her care.

I’m not gonna convict the cop but I’m not gonna excuse him either. He did t deliberately kill her but he didn’t deliberately try not to.

Would he have let loose four rounds at a more petite lighter skinned girl? 

There is dead child and so many are busy blaming her and absolving the cop and no one wants to know, “Well. How did I get here?”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5932 on: April 24, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »

The fossil fuel economy is a corpse with temporary use of its arms and legs.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: April 24, 2021, 09:30:48 PM »

ANZAC Day  in bambuland today.

US executed soldiers in WW2 for desertion.
The horror of the war was too much for the minds of many soldiers (especially 'kind and gentle ' ones) to bear. Their minds went crazy and they ran back instead of forward.
So  they were court martialled and hanged or shot.
If someone joins the military and doesn't like it they should be allowed to leave.

Some US soldiers who liberated Nazi concentration camps....upon seeing what had been done to people there...went crazy in the head with horror and executed Nazi commandants and guards in cold blood.
The US soldiers were to be charged with war crimes ...General Patton said NO...and dismissed the charges.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:23:25 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: April 24, 2021, 09:38:58 PM »

Sure.

ROFLMAO!

You can’t be serious.
The question is not the research ExxonMobil undertakes but what they do with it, specifically their public utterances.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: April 24, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cheerleaders-snapchat-profanity-gets-us-supreme-courts-attention-2021-04-23

It's a clear cut case.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean diddly for the SCOTUS ruling to come.

A decision in favor of Levy, according to the district and its supporters, could make it harder for teachers and administrators to curb bullying, racism, cheating and invasions of privacy, all frequently occurring online, outside school property or during off hours.

What say you to this then, Josh?

Yup.

It could (except for cheating, which is about the work done, not where it is done).

But it shouldn't.

There remains a distinction between bullying and profanity.

It's like claiming that allowing adults to swear makes it harder to prevent bullying, racism, and invasion of privacy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: April 24, 2021, 09:43:57 PM »

Sure.

ROFLMAO!

Nobody said they wouldn't massage the data.

Nobody said they wanted to know the truth in order to publish the truth.

And nobody trusts Ward not to massage the truth, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: April 24, 2021, 09:45:12 PM »

Watching Season 1 Episode 7 of West Wing - The State Dinner

A hurricane rushing through the Atlantic with a US ship in its sights....

(Democrat) President Bartlett only has connection with a 3rd class seaman - and speaks to him with calm and respect - in such a devastating time of distress

I cannot help thinking - this is how President Bush and President Trump would have also handled a similar crisis

Bush might have, though I doubt it.

Trump?

Hahahahahaha!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: April 24, 2021, 09:46:40 PM »

He just acknowledged there is one.   And wondered what haven they would find in the GOP.   A question you can't answer either,  for obvious reasons.   

Your implication, Barton - is that a trans person could not possibly have conservative values.

That because the last Republican president was against people of altered gender serving in the military, for instance, that this group of people need disagree with the entirety of that man's (and his party's) platform.

That you ignore the constant barrage of GOP bills to work against the rights of Transmen and Transwomen is about you, not about Barton.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 2929