Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765075 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5985 on: April 25, 2021, 03:13:57 PM »

Some thoughts on the shooting in Columbus:

I find it hard to believe that a teenage girl has any skills at using a knife to inflict mortal wounds in
a matter of seconds...

DJ,  I agree some of your questions are important and deserve investigation.   However,  you should not find it hard to believe anyone can inflict a mortal wound with a steak knife (or similar) in a second or two.   It happens.  And it can happen in a street fight even where skill levels are low.   Multiple arteries lie not far from the surface of a human body and can be opened up with one slash.

No one asks why this girl was fighting with TWO people in front of her foster home.
People dragging her family and no wants to know what the person who was contractually obligated to see to her care.

I’m not gonna convict the cop but I’m not gonna excuse him either. He did t deliberately kill her but he didn’t deliberately try not to.

Would he have let loose four rounds at a more petite lighter skinned girl? 

There is dead child and so many are busy blaming her and absolving the cop and no one wants to know, “Well. How did I get here?”

He saved a life of a girl who didn't happen to be light-skinned, ICYMI. Sorry, but he had to take one to save one. Sometimes that is how it works. If the girl wasn't out of control with a weapon---translation, didn't assume the danger of taking on that position----she'd be alive.

And how did. she get into that foster home, btw? Cops put her there, too?

Talk about the blame game!

The other “girls” were 20 and 22 years old.

Maybe not mentally.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: April 25, 2021, 03:18:24 PM »

How dare they ask the girl to help out the foster mom a bit by keeping the house clean.  I knifed my brother for less.

Meanwhile - listen to Deej - he has experience with his ho nieces pulling each other's hair.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: April 25, 2021, 03:22:45 PM »

Writing for the majority, Antonin Scalia argued
that the operative clause of the amendment, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed,” codifies an individual right derived from English common law and codified in the English Bill of Rights (1689)....

Scalia had a bad day hunting with Dick and got it wrong; four other justices got it right.
Bad decision like so many other lately.

My thought is:  hello,  it's 2021, world changed since England in 1689.  "Originalism" makes less sense with each passing year.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: April 25, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »

that the operative clause of the amendment, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed,” codifies an individual right derived from English common law and codified in the English Bill of Rights (1689)....

Scalia had a bad day hunting with Dick and got it wrong; four other justices got it right.

My thought is:  hello,  it's 2021, world changed since England in 1689.  "Originalism" makes less sense with each passing year.
nothing has changed. The right to defend oneself is a natural right.  The Constitution won’t allow that right to be taken away.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #5990 on: April 25, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newly-signed-georgia-bill-daylight-155605564.html

Reading the headline,  I hoped this might be an Onion article.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5991 on: April 25, 2021, 04:03:08 PM »

Maybe not mentally.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: April 25, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »

Agree.  An Origanalism would be fine if they got every thing right the first time which they didn't,
which is why we hear so much of the original Articles of Confederation.

Funny how people treat a man-written Constitution like it was sacred or the Bible.
The right to bear arms is not in the Constitution.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: April 25, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »

Some background on what Red is getting wrong here and why it got even more fucked up here in the US thanks to republicans being unable to think or communicate well in English which is not as bad as their reluctance and inability to read. 

http://www.historytoday.com/gun-control-right-bear-arms
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: April 25, 2021, 04:47:18 PM »

France is having a problem because their population is aging, and they do not have enough young people to work on the farms and vineyards, etc. As is all of Europe.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/europe-struggles-to-find-farm-workers-for-harvest/france/slideshow/75530908.cms

France can invite the people of the Philippines to come work in France in the vineyards and on the farms, the people of the Philippines would love to live and work in France. And the Philippines has been hit hard by floods, and stuff, so they need resources and options.

France can also invite the people from Venezuela to come live and work in France. The people of Venezuela are poor and starving right now, and they need options and resources.

Others from Latin America would also like to live and work in France, France needs to invite them and make it possible.

And as I have been saying for years, many of the Latinos and Filipinos would love to join the French Foreign Legion, the Colombians, the Mexicans, the people from El Salvador, a lot of people would love to join the French Foreign Legion.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: April 25, 2021, 04:49:49 PM »

North Africa is closer as is Eastern Europe.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: April 25, 2021, 05:12:16 PM »

FRANCE 24 English

3h  ·

These are the ordinary French citizens who are helping #migrants in France, whether its to settle down or prepare to cross the Channel to the UK.

These #samaritans host migrants from Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Central Asia or elsewhere and are willing to put their freedom and jobs at risk in doing so.

More information on FRANCE 24 ⤵️

https://f24.my/7atX.f

------------

Farah Pahlavi is living in France, and many of the Persians are living in France, but they are wealthy and they are not about to go be farm workers. Like here in the USA, the Persians are wealthy and they live in Beverly Hills, you do not see them working in the tomato fields with the Mexicans, etc.

But, the Filipinos love to work hard, and the Mexicans love to work hard, they love to work in the fields. Here in California we have people lined up at the Southern border wanting to come to the USA and work on the farms and vineyards. I am sure they would love to work in France too.

If I had a vineyard in Italy, I would hire workers from the Philippines.

Of note too, France needs to have more Roman Catholics in the French Foreign Legion. 

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5998 on: April 25, 2021, 05:15:21 PM »

Imagine being on the phone.

With the police.

While the police shoot you 10 times

For being one the phone

With the police.

Isaiah Brown knows first hand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/24/us/isaiah-brown-shooting.html

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: April 25, 2021, 05:24:46 PM »

Red is still wondering when he gets to go down in his own hail of bullets. If I had his life I’d probably be feeling impatient at this point too.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2929