Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764700 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6151 on: April 28, 2021, 04:03:11 PM »

Damn straight.

Keep marching.

Folks who screamed ‘Defund the Police!’ weren’t wrong.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6152 on: April 28, 2021, 04:25:48 PM »

Trump left Rudy without cover.

Will Rudy take a bullet for twice defeated popular vote LOSER?

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #6153 on: April 28, 2021, 04:59:34 PM »

On Rudy,  The Post's political analysis section had one of my favorite headlines today:

Giuliani’s long quest to put himself in legal jeopardy appears to have paid off   

Thank you,  Aaron Blake.

barton

« Reply #6154 on: April 28, 2021, 05:06:53 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/04/28/right-wing-lies-like-bidens-beef-ban-and-kamalas-book-spread-too-fast-for-corrections-to-counter/

Yep.   Now I'm wondering who actually said that quote,    a lie can travel around the world while the truth is still lacing up its boots.   

The Murdochs are minions of Satan.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: April 28, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »

Last I checked,  the protocol for arresting an unarmed person does not include shooting them.
Check again.

The statutory standards allow an officer to use deadly physical force when the officer reasonably believes it is necessary to (1) defend himself or herself or a third person from the use or imminent use of deadly physical force or (2) arrest or prevent the escape of someone the officer reasonably believes has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving the infliction or threat of serious physical injury, and, if feasible, the officer has given warning of his or her intent to use deadly physical force.

Yes, I know that.  I didn't write at greater length, as in.... "the protocol....does not include shooting them, if they are nonviolent and the warrant is for a nonviolent offense..." which apparently I needed to, instead of assuming people here were intelligent enough to follow the implication in this case.  So, no, they don't get to shoot him.  Unless it turns out he was being violent in some covert way that no witnesses have bothered to mention.  Usually, putting both hands on the steering wheel is considered a signal that you are not opting for violence with a firearm.
Do us all a favor and check back in when all the facts are revealed.
Your speculations on protocol, etc are not very enlightened nor productive.
Should make a macro of this to post after half of your posts.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6156 on: April 28, 2021, 05:22:13 PM »

Someone remind Ted Cruz Trevor Noah grew up in South Africa during the 1980s...

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1387390919012495362?s=21

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: April 28, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »

Fox’s Tucker Carlson opines on the CDC, Vaccines , and Masks 

Wearing masks is "really to protect the unvaccinated." There you go. That’s the answer. Just as we guessed. The vaccine is now universally available. Everyone can get it. But because some people have chosen not to get the vaccine, the rest of us must continue to live as if we haven’t gotten the vaccine either. That’s the reasoning: Because some people decide not to wear seatbelts, you can’t drive. That’s just science. Got it? Thanks, mom.  

Here is a  take from Trevor Noah on the Daily Show on Comedy Central

The really frustrating thing is that they’ve spent months, they’ve spent 5 months telling us to get vaccinated. ‘Oh, get vaccinated, and this will all be over. Get vaccinated!’ And I was like, ‘great. I’ll get all the four vaccines if it means I’ll get my life back. Now they’re putting out a chart that says even if you get vaccinated, you can only do two more things without a mask on? Two? Guys, what the hell? The shit you’re saying to people is incoherent. You’re telling us these new vaccines are 95% effective and will stop coronavirus, but we still can’t do anything without a mask on anyway? Which is it? Is this one of the most effective vaccines in the history of the world, or does it not work? It’s not clear messaging. Especially if you’re desperately trying to convince people to get the vaccine.”

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6160 on: April 28, 2021, 08:05:51 PM »

Fox’s Tucker Carlson opines on the CDC, Vaccines , and Masks 

Wearing masks is "really to protect the unvaccinated." There you go. That’s the answer. Just as we guessed. The vaccine is now universally available. Everyone can get it. But because some people have chosen not to get the vaccine, the rest of us must continue to live as if we haven’t gotten the vaccine either. That’s the reasoning: Because some people decide not to wear seatbelts, you can’t drive. That’s just science. Got it? Thanks, mom. 

Here is a  take from Trevor Noah on the Daily Show on Comedy Central

The really frustrating thing is that they’ve spent months, they’ve spent 5 months telling us to get vaccinated. ‘Oh, get vaccinated, and this will all be over. Get vaccinated!’ And I was like, ‘great. I’ll get all the four vaccines if it means I’ll get my life back. Now they’re putting out a chart that says even if you get vaccinated, you can only do two more things without a mask on? Two? Guys, what the hell? The shit you’re saying to people is incoherent. You’re telling us these new vaccines are 95% effective and will stop coronavirus, but we still can’t do anything without a mask on anyway? Which is it? Is this one of the most effective vaccines in the history of the world, or does it not work? It’s not clear messaging. Especially if you’re desperately trying to convince people to get the vaccine.”

Rudy! Rudy!

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: April 28, 2021, 08:07:43 PM »

America's Mayor!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: April 28, 2021, 08:19:55 PM »

That phrase is from the DemDopey days.  Always a fond memory.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6164 on: April 28, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »

That phrase is from the DemDopey days.  Always a fond memory.

New Sheriff st DOJ, Hoss.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 2929