Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764311 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6240 on: April 29, 2021, 10:09:02 PM »

Snap polls after the speech showed that 85% of viewers approved of Biden's speech, out of a crowd that was only 54% Democratic.
The polls after all the votes were in (so to speak) gave Biden 53% approval.
For the record.

As for Tim Scott. He talked about Race where Biden tiptoed

But Scott began on School Choice, an issue that Covid has brought to the forefront with most public schools closed to in person learning thanks to unions.
We now know many parents of public school kids are opting for private, Catholic, and voucher schools and other variations.  DeSantis scored big in Florida on the issue.  The GOP, as a whole, took notice and will continue to do so.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6241 on: April 29, 2021, 10:15:05 PM »

Snap polls after the speech showed that 85% of viewers approved of Biden's speech, out of a crowd that was only 54% Democratic.
For the record.

But Scott began on School Choice, an issue that Covid has brought to the forefront with most public schools closed to in person learning thanks to unions.
We now know many parents of public school kids are opting for private, Catholic, and voucher schools and other variations.  DeSantis scored big in Florida on the issue.  The GOP, as a whole, took notice and will continue to do so.

Sure.

No reason to just change the source of school funding so it isn’t based on local property taxes.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: April 29, 2021, 11:14:11 PM »

Trump's first address was momentous, invigorating, well-written and certainly expertly delivered.

And full of lies.

Pretty much like almost every other speech he delivered during and since his time in office.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: April 29, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »

Does anybody believe Red wrote that himself?

Why is anybody reading what Ward posts, anymore?!

The death-belches of dying dinosaurs make such sweet music plus they won’t be around much longer.

I doubt Ward is going away any time soon.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: April 29, 2021, 11:35:38 PM »

On the topic of the GOP death cult:

Republicans remain the group most likely to say that they will not try to get a vaccine. Almost half of Republicans, 44%, feel that way, compared with 28% of independents and 8% of Democrats. Within Republicans, resistance to vaccines is concentrated among the young. Among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents ages 50 and older, 66% have gotten a vaccine or are willing to get one, but among those younger than 50, 57% say they will not get a vaccine. There is also an education divide that cuts across party lines. Among those who have a four-year college degree, 18% say they will not seek out a vaccine, compared with 31% among those who do not have a college degree.
From CNN.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: April 30, 2021, 12:59:11 AM »

For the record.

Sure.

No reason to just change the source of school funding so it isn’t based on local property taxes.

If they went this way and also eliminated all tax exemptions for religious institutions and began the new law with a general audit of all such institutions, I might be more persuadable that it’s not the most terrible idea. Accreditation and advancement should be nationalized anyway and the best curriculum made free and widely distributed. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: April 30, 2021, 01:30:35 AM »

Republican resurgence writ large,

http://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

Give me a ticket on an airplane
Ain’t got time to take a fast train...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: April 30, 2021, 03:17:20 AM »

If the US is going to run a few hundred Million dollar trade deficit per year, why not turn Brasil, Argentina and Mexico into the beneficiaries.  Make South and Central America the factories of the world.   Ancillary industries (parts, supplies, raw materials) can be located in smaller nearby countries.  Let those economies boom feeding US consumer demand, and the immigration issue will subside.

Use trade as a tool of foreign policy, to develop and strengthen South/Central America improve relations, strengthen democracy, improve living standards and solve the immigration issue.  The China economic miracle has been great for reducing poverty (China recently declared no more absolute poverty in China).  Time to move on and redirect.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: April 30, 2021, 03:54:08 AM »

Not a bad plan. Not bad at all.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: April 30, 2021, 07:50:09 AM »

Calling Senator Tim Scott Uncle Tim is an insult to Uncle Tom. Tim is more like Stephen

Doubling down on the bigotry.

You are who you are, Larry.

A fat loser bigot.

Oh my!

Gonna be 63 this year and some internet asshole called me fat.

Do you think I don’t know?

The first few times that shit happened I felt embarrassed and small. But one day in 8th grade one of the “got any change?” snapped on me about being a fat boy after I ignored it his request. Then he said it again, just like you tried, “I’m talking to you fat boy, you hear me?”

“Yeah I hear you and you’re right. I am fat and you’re fucking ugly, so what? I might lose weight but you’re stuck.”

Okay, Buckwheat.
For someone who claims to not be a racist racial epithets sure come easily to uno's posts. I am sure he will pretend to have some point he will claim to be making but in reality he just likes to use those terms and is itching for a reaction.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: April 30, 2021, 08:31:50 AM »

April 27 Press Conference: International Commission of Legal Experts Release Report on Racist Police Violence in the US, Finds US Guilty of Crimes Against Humanity and Other Violations of International Law

https://inquirycommission.org/

I am sure that certain of our members will reject this report, sight unseen.

Others may accept it without reading it.

It's chilling. If you're up to it, I recommend reading it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: April 30, 2021, 08:53:25 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/29/media/joe-rogan-clarifies-vaccine-comments/index.html

Rogan's excuses are more than lame. He should lose his platform for spreading medical misinformation.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: April 30, 2021, 10:00:41 AM »

I am sure that certain of our members will reject this report, sight unseen.

Why?

Everyone knows there are racist cops
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 2929