Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763855 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6525 on: May 04, 2021, 05:22:48 PM »

There's no such thing as the “Lamar County (Texas) Democrat Party”.  So who cares?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:30:26 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:21 PM »

Lamar County (Texas) Democrat Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation today. He also apologized to South Carolina Senator Tim Scott who he referred to as an “Oreo” after Scott delivered a rebuttal to President Biden’s nationally televised speech.
The ensuing social network outrage ironically gave Senator Scott sympathetic and huge media coverage unheard of for a rebuttal speech.

Buh bye
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »

Whatever you say,  "Buckwheat. "

Oh, look! Johnny Hayseed checked in.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: May 04, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »

Spike Lee has never made a movie worth watching.

Now that is bigotry!

No. THAT'S an opinion.

That is it an opinion is not in dispute.

Bigotry: "obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction."

You are obstinate in your attachment to almost all of your opinions, as you demonstrate regularly.

It is a bigoted opinion

Nothing new here.

No. He's just a fucking one note bore. Like Scorsese.

And you.
Of course Utley does not like Lee. Like most people afraid to confront their racism he prefers stories about race that focus on big hearted white people learning gentle life lessons about race to anything that actually treats race and the black American experience from the black perspective. He prefers crappy sap about how white people react to racism to stories actually about racism. Makes him feel better about himself. He is not one. There is a reason why Driving Miss Daisy and Green Book have Oscars.

Then again, from his last comment he appears to couple that with an ignorance of the entirety of Lee's work. Or Scorsese's. My guess being he saw DTRT and turned it off after half an hour and has not seen a Lee movie since.

Lee's "work".

Heh

Scorsese has one story to tell. Italians kill each other for money. But they love their kids.

The end.

Roll credits.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: May 04, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »

In my world...

"He good boy, got 5 kids"...say some moms of violent criminals, organised crime members etc.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: May 04, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: May 04, 2021, 05:46:14 PM »

Scorsese has one story to tell. Italians kill each other for money. But they love their kids.

More bigotry hard at work.

Couple with prideful ignorance.

Quite amazing the degree of pride you take in it, too.

P.S. Hugo says hi.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: May 04, 2021, 05:48:03 PM »

Lamar County (Texas) Democrat Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation today. He also apologized to South Carolina Senator Tim Scott who he referred to as an “Oreo” after Scott delivered a rebuttal to President Biden’s nationally televised speech.
The ensuing social network outrage ironically gave Senator Scott sympathetic and huge media coverage unheard of for a rebuttal speech.

Buh bye
Probably the most important political consequence of Scott’s statement that “ America is not a Racist Country” was it, within a day, was endorsed by Biden and Tammy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:50:10 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

barton

« Reply #6533 on: May 04, 2021, 06:43:57 PM »

P.S. Hugo says hi.

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  The last Temptation of Christ,  The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6534 on: May 04, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »

Naturally

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: May 04, 2021, 07:57:57 PM »

P.S. Hugo says hi.
So do After Hours, King of Comedy, Age of Innocence, The Aviator....

A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: May 04, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »

P.S. Hugo says hi.

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  [v]The last Temptation of Christ,  [/b]The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.
Well, technically....

I don't think his description applies to Taxi Driver or Raging Bull either.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:02:08 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: May 04, 2021, 09:00:35 PM »

heh

Last Tuesday, Biden got off the President's helicopter in front of the White House - carrying a baby piglet under each arm.
The squared-away Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted and said: "Nice Pigs, Sir".
Biden replied: "These are not Pigs. These are Authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs.
I got one for Vice-President Kamala Harris and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
The squared-away Marine again snapped to attention, saluted, and said: "Outstanding trade, sir."
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 2929