Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763237 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6705 on: May 08, 2021, 11:59:37 AM »

As we have been losing entertainment industry jobs to Canada it is fitting to see that the Canadians are helping the homeless actors in Hollywood.

The Chase and Royal Bank of Canada is helping to create housing for homeless actors in Hollywood.

https://actorsfund.org/services-and-programs/palm-view

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #6706 on: May 08, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »

Reminds me of how I paid my tuition for 1st semester senior year.

June of 1979 I printed and sold enough “Official Skylab Target” tees to pay tuition, rent and replace the exhaust on my 72 Chevelle.

I'm impressed you owned a car only 7 years old.   In those years,  my vehicles were always at least 12 years old.   Exhaust system optional and,  if present,  held on with baling wire.   I recall fixing a carburetor once by jamming a paperclip onto the butterfly valve so it wouldn't freeze in the closed position.   Silkscreening teeshirts was probably beyond me,  but looking back you make me realize that was a practical student business in those times.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: May 08, 2021, 12:26:58 PM »

My apartment complex in Anaheim would be perfect for homeless actors and filmmakers, and this is an industrial neighborhood, so people could film in this neighborhood, and there can be movie equipment rentals, etc.

Here is the link...

https://villa-platinum-apartments.business.site/

And it is close to the Dodge film school at Chapman University.

And USC film school is not too far away, along with The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6708 on: May 08, 2021, 12:44:52 PM »

Reminds me of how I paid my tuition for 1st semester senior year.

June of 1979 I printed and sold enough “Official Skylab Target” tees to pay tuition, rent and replace the exhaust on my 72 Chevelle.

I'm impressed you owned a car only 7 years old.   In those years,  my vehicles were always at least 12 years old.   Exhaust system optional and,  if present,  held on with baling wire.   I recall fixing a carburetor once by jamming a paperclip onto the butterfly valve so it wouldn't freeze in the closed position.   Silkscreening teeshirts was probably beyond me,  but looking back you make me realize that was a practical student business in those times.

My dad was waaaay cool.

I had worked through high school and bought a beat up 70 GTO from a friend was being deployed to Germany. At 17 I discovered insuring that car for 6 months was as much as I had paid  to buy it.

So I sold it at a tidy profit after doing exactly one burnout that had my mom sobbing she would NEVER sit in that car EVER and I would kill myself and...

I don’t about anyone else but my moms waterworks were her super power. She inherited it from my grandmother who could swat your ass into next week and then cry and beg Jesus for forgiveness. Next thing we’d be apologizing and swearing we’d be good trying to comfort the person who had just carried through her threat to slap the Black off you!

My dad sold me his girlfriend’s car for the money I got from the gto and graced me the insurance for a year.

His girlfriend said the car was too much for her and wouldn't  drive it so it sat in his driveway for a couple of years until he sold it to me.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: May 08, 2021, 01:02:04 PM »

As Biden Shifts On Immigration, Some Advocates See Him Giving Up Without A Fight

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/07/994441511/as-biden-shifts-on-immigration-some-advocates-see-him-giving-up-without-a-fight

Wow really sold his soul to the devil. Left loonies are not going to be satisfied until the US is transformed into a banana republic.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: May 08, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »

As long as you vote for his reelection and to defeat all republican bastards in 2022, say what you like about leftist loonies and their sinister plans.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: May 08, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »

Another cool thing about my neighborhood is that we have an amphitheatre with 2,000 seats at the park down the street, and it has an area where people can serve food and drinks to guests, etc. It even has a cool little duck pond.

https://www.anaheim.net/1432/Pearson-Park-Amphitheatre

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: May 08, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »

New 20 Megawatt data center near Reno NV is relying on liquid metal batteries for its microgrid to guarantee its customers a cloud maintained without carbon emissions, impervious to grid failures through hacks or fuckups or force majeure. Ambri is the name of the firm that has harnessed the MIT research to accomplish this project and many others like it. Turning pit mine sites into gravity sinks with dynamos and repurposed mining equipment is also in the works.

If we do away with republicans and their idiotic objections we can have nice things. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: May 08, 2021, 08:48:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/us/school-apologizes-white-student-support-circle/index.html

I personally think a white student ‘discussion’ Circle would be very productive if moderated fairly and correctly.

It is a chance for white kids to meet and discuss what they see and feel without having to be defensive or feel they are under attack.

But it wasn't, of course, for discussion, "just" support.

And having watched a few school discussions, now, I don't see them as well moderated at all.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: May 08, 2021, 09:24:42 PM »

Another cool thing about my neighborhood is that we have an amphitheatre with 2,000 seats at the park down the street, and it has an area where people can serve food and drinks to guests, etc. It even has a cool little duck pond.

https://www.anaheim.net/1432/Pearson-Park-Amphitheatre

Salute,

Tony V.

I spent a couple of years of my wasted youth in Anaheim a couple of blocks from Disney. Nice times interesting city.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6718 on: May 08, 2021, 10:32:56 PM »

I just spent a great evening with my big sister and my nephew.

BBQ ribs, salad and steamed blue claw crabs.

I also did the very last bit of Fran’s stash. She had some truly amazing stuff.

During one point in our conversation I realized I missed the Kentucky Derby for the first time since 1989.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: May 08, 2021, 11:50:10 PM »

As Biden Shifts On Immigration, Some Advocates See Him Giving Up Without A Fight

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/07/994441511/as-biden-shifts-on-immigration-some-advocates-see-him-giving-up-without-a-fight

Wow really sold his soul to the devil. Left loonies are not going to be satisfied until the US is transformed into a banana republic.

One way of stopping America from becoming a banana republic...elect the MAGA man again.
The leftist immigration tripe policies in Europe didn't work, were dismal failures, now walls and fences are being built everywhere.

Save America.

www.donaldjtrump.com/desk
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:53:22 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2929