Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763112 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6720 on: May 08, 2021, 11:52:25 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57027829.amp

India's COVID-19 patients seem to have a unique additional problem that is widespread.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: May 09, 2021, 01:17:25 AM »

Nancy Pelosi mixed up pictures of Willie McCovey and Willie Mays?
Say (HEY!) it isn’t so.
Well, both are black and played for the Giants.
And they all look alike ‘ya know.
Time to get your hair done, Bimbo.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: May 09, 2021, 01:24:05 AM »

Why is it that a vast majority of Americans want Nancy to have say in their affairs rather than any individual associated with the republican party?

Oh yeah. I remember.

The republican party is a terrorist organization made up exclusively of predators and the insane.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: May 09, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »

White privilege, discussed.

https://youtu.be/61JeyhT_ai4
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: May 09, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »

One way of stopping America from becoming a banana republic...elect the MAGA man again.

Nah, Bambu

Probably time to move on.  But he will still impact elections.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: May 09, 2021, 09:35:59 AM »

Bill Burr has a knack for the angry non-PC humor.  He was Saul Goodman's hired hand,  Patrick,  on Breaking Bad.   The one from Boston,  of coahse.   

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: May 09, 2021, 11:05:45 AM »

---Bernie Sanders, Progressives Raise Alarms About 'Israeli Extremists' Amid Violence Against Palestinians---

One of the good things done by the previous adm. was acceptance of the existence of Israel by the Gulf states. Now in a reactionary frenzy the democratic fringe returns to its demonization of the friendly modern nation.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: May 09, 2021, 12:11:38 PM »

White privilege, totally misunderstood.

And a superb example of it, too!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: May 09, 2021, 12:13:55 PM »

---Bernie Sanders, Progressives Raise Alarms About 'Israeli Extremists' Amid Violence Against Palestinians---

One of the good things done by the previous adm. was acceptance of the existence of Israel by the Gulf states. Now in a reactionary frenzy the democratic fringe returns to its demonization of the friendly modern nation.

You seem to think that Israel is above reproach, whether government or citizenry.

Do you truly believe that there is nothing wrong being done by Israelis?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: May 09, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: May 09, 2021, 12:28:38 PM »

You seem to think that Israel is above reproach, whether government or citizenry.

Do you truly believe that there is nothing wrong being done by Israelis?

Luee thinks the Israelis are white and that the Palestinians are something else. In his world that means nothing Israelis do to Palestinians can possibly be wrong. That’s how Luee works.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #6731 on: May 09, 2021, 01:35:17 PM »

I disagree.  His arguments on migrants may be based on bad information, but I think he's developed them on dubious economic theories rather than racial ones.   His fault is more bad sociology than bad genetics.   I assume his support of Far-right Israel is a similar thing,   He drinks the kool-aid of Bibi-Ganda.   

barton

« Reply #6732 on: May 09, 2021, 01:44:38 PM »

White privilege, totally misunderstood.

And a superb example of it, too!

I think the last guy was really not to be taken seriously.   And at least he did have a premise for his "they think white people are all like the Kennedy's" that was based on genuinely silly stuff that people will say.   What I mean is:  I think he knows he's being absurd.   

The black guy's shtick about Natalie Holloway was actually dead-on,  and funny.   I've noticed that myself.   Pretty white girl disappears, the media strobes her name at us for five years and a million bucks is spent on investigations.  BIPoC girl, not so much.   

barton

« Reply #6733 on: May 09, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »

The last guy, who OC identified as Bill Burr,  strikes me as sort of Trumpian,  in the sense that he embraces false logic and sees how far he can go on his barstool rant. Burr is sort of like Trump if Trump was self-aware regarding his delusional areas and could hold a glass of water.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6734 on: May 09, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »

They’re acting like the friendly modern nation of pre 90s South Africa.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 2929