Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762985 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6735 on: May 09, 2021, 02:22:46 PM »

Another cool thing about my neighborhood is that we have an amphitheatre with 2,000 seats at the park down the street, and it has an area where people can serve food and drinks to guests, etc. It even has a cool little duck pond.

https://www.anaheim.net/1432/Pearson-Park-Amphitheatre

Salute,

Tony V.

I spent a couple of years of my wasted youth in Anaheim a couple of blocks from Disney. Nice times interesting city.

Anaheim is great.

I grew up out in the desert, but they ruined it, they brought all of the people on Welfare from Los Angeles out to the desert, so now the desert is full of people on Welfare.

Anaheim has jobs, thanks to Walt Disney. The economy is good in Anaheim, and Disney does a lot for the city. We also have the Angels, and the Ducks, etc. 

The guy who brought all of the Black people on Welfare out to the desert was Bishop Henry Hearns...

Link...

https://henryhearns.org/

Bishop Henry Hearns served on the City Council of Lancaster, and he was Mayor for a while, and his life-time project was to bring the poor Black people from Los Angeles to Lancaster, where housing is cheaper and where crime was lower and where he thought the Black people would be saved. He was like Joseph bringing the Jews to Egypt. Bishop Henry Hearns brought the poor Black people to Lancaster.

So, now crime is high in Lancaster, and it is a ghetto now. When I was a kid everyone in the desert had parents who worked on the Space Shuttles, etc, and the desert was nice, like Palm Springs. But now because of Hearns it is a ghetto.

The desert has potential, it has a great community college, and lots of government jobs with Edwards, and they build aircraft, and satellites, and Richard Branson has some projects going on in Mojave doing space stuff and satellites, etc. Mojave has a lot of potential, they can do manufacturing, etc.

The desert was nice when I was a kid, and it can be nice again but people need to take action to improve things. 

In Anaheim White people are a minority now, Latinos are the majority in Anaheim now at 52.8%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaheim,_California

Anaheim is nice, and we have a lot of jobs thanks to Disneyland. 160,000 jobs are created in Orange County from Tourism ( before the crisis ).

We have problems with gangs and drugs in Anaheim, and especially heroin, but you can have a good life if you just say "No" and stay away from the drugs and gangs. We need to teach the children when they are young to just say "No." And groups such as Kiwanis help. There are groups who help the youth who are in gangs, getting the guys into boxing and stuff, and skateboarding, etc, and trying to help the youth to stay out of trouble. There are even businesses which are owned by gangs, as they try to get the guys into honest businesses.

And we have a lot of homeless people, but we have groups who help the homeless, and Disney helps the homeless, and the City of Anaheim helps the homeless, etc. 

If I was to stay in Anaheim, then I need to be able to shoot films here, and write and produce movies and television shows etc, and I would end up back in Malibu. And I have plans on stuff that I want to do in Italy. 

There is a group which helps homeless actors, named "The Actors Fund" and I sent them the info on my apartment complex, this complex would be great for homeless actors and filmmakers, and this is an industrial neighborhood so people could film across the street, and we could have movie equipment rentals, etc.

I am fully vaccinated now, and I will be glad when this crisis is over. And I want to get a girlfriend, and her and I can decide together where we want to live and what we want to do.

But yes, Anaheim is a good city.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: May 09, 2021, 02:53:42 PM »

I disagree.  His arguments on migrants may be based on bad information, but I think he's developed them on dubious economic theories rather than racial ones.   His fault is more bad sociology than bad genetics.   I assume his support of Far-right Israel is a similar thing,   He drinks the kool-aid of Bibi-Ganda.

Some of Luee's data is solid. Some of it was solid, but is no longer. Some of it is hogwash. And some of it is unclear in post-COVID-19 America.

But Luee sees only black and white and has little, if any, flexibility: Israel good, Palestinians bad.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: May 09, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »

The Antelope Valley can be great, but changes need to be made, the people need to care, and the people need to take action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antelope_Valley

One thing, is that we have fewer people in prison because of changes with the drug laws. People no longer go to prison for marijuana, etc, and so we have fewer people in prison. That means that we can start bull-dozing prisons.

The prison in Lancaster, California, needs to be demolished, as we have fewer prisoners in our prison system. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Prison,_Los_Angeles_County 

Also, the prison in Lovelock, Nevada, can be demolished.

https://doc.nv.gov/Facilities/LCC_Facility/

Lovelock, Nevada, is great, I lived there for a short time as a kid and we loved it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovelock,_Nevada

And as the prisons are demolished, those sites can be used to build other stuff to create jobs, for instance there could be a new factory manufacturing electric Chevrolets, and schools can be built, and movie studios, and other stuff.

We can have medical schools, and medical research centers, etc. We can do research and development to cure cancer, etc. There are many things we can do with the land as we demolish the prisons and re-purpose the land. We can have new laboratories, etc.

A lot of great things could happen. 

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: May 09, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »

Spotlight on ....

There’s a sad excuse for a man waiting to face espionage charges and be retired in disgrace.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: May 09, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »

This is not a gun. It is a cell phone case.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: May 09, 2021, 06:21:04 PM »

White privilege, discussed.

https://youtu.be/61JeyhT_ai4

Ah yes, poor black kids and poor whites kids growing up in the same neighbourhood.

And an older white guy who says he's "not allowed" to answer questions about 'white privilege'.
Of course, he's allowed to answer...'free speech'...but if he does answer he could find himself going the same way as the NBA commentator who foolishly answered the "black lives matter" question put to him with 'white lives matter' and was sacked from his job.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: May 09, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »

White privilege, discussed.

https://youtu.be/61JeyhT_ai4

White privilege, totally misunderstood.

And a superb example of it, too!

Okay, Professor.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: May 09, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »

---Bernie Sanders, Progressives Raise Alarms About 'Israeli Extremists' Amid Violence Against Palestinians---

One of the good things done by the previous adm. was acceptance of the existence of Israel by the Gulf states. Now in a reactionary frenzy the democratic fringe returns to its demonization of the friendly modern nation.

You seem to think that Israel is above reproach, whether government or citizenry.

Do you truly believe that there is nothing wrong being done by Israelis?

Luee thinks the Israelis are white and that the Palestinians are something else. In his world that means nothing Israelis do to Palestinians can possibly be wrong. That’s how Luee works.

Palestinians are "something else". Unless you think suicide bombing is normal.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, given your track record.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: May 09, 2021, 07:04:32 PM »

---Bernie Sanders, Progressives Raise Alarms About 'Israeli Extremists' Amid Violence Against Palestinians---

One of the good things done by the previous adm. was acceptance of the existence of Israel by the Gulf states. Now in a reactionary frenzy the democratic fringe returns to its demonization of the friendly modern nation.

They’re acting like the friendly modern nation of pre 90s South Africa.

Shows how little you know about Israel AND South Africa.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: May 09, 2021, 07:21:41 PM »

You seem to think that Israel is above reproach, whether government or citizenry.

Do you truly believe that there is nothing wrong being done by Israelis?

Luee thinks the Israelis are white and that the Palestinians are something else. In his world that means nothing Israelis do to Palestinians can possibly be wrong. That’s how Luee works.

Palestinians are "something else". Unless you think suicide bombing is normal.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, given your track record.

You are something else based solely on the sad state of your hooves and tail.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/12/10243613/anthony-quinn-warner-nashville-suicide-bomber-media-white-privilege

Try to make valid distinctions, not ones based solely on propaganda.

Happy Mother’s Day, motherfucker.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 2929