Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762347 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6900 on: May 12, 2021, 03:16:01 PM »

Wake up.

If Mexico started indiscriminately and daily lobbing rockets into El Paso for months at a time, would you be talking about the US occupation?

Puhleeeeeeeze.

Poor analogy.   

And the fact that Americans occupied and then brutally displaced indigenous people from their lands is a spectacularly uncompelling argument for something so obviously wrong.   It was wrong then,  and it's wrong now. 

And,  re Janis Ian:  you're such a beacon of light and positivity here.

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

Hahahahaha!

Bigot.

The irony of you being so "woke" is that you've actually been put to sleep. You've hit the pause button on thinking, and now you just do as you're told.

Sad to see, but it's who you've become.

That you think the observation of your bigotry has anything to do with my being or thinking I am woke shows you are as guilty of poor reading as you claim others are. It doesn't explicitly have to do with your casual racism, in this instance, either - not about race, just rigidity.

No, fuckhead, as usual you are confused.

You merely call anyone who disagrees with you on any subject a racist or a bigot. You do it very consistently.

It's the knee-jerk leftist horseshit you've lapped up that has poisoned what at one time was half a brain.

If you still lived in the real world, you'd get that.

But you live in a world of your own construction, having traded it for the convenience of believing that you are some kind of superior being.

Few here are more prejudiced in their thinking than you, Professor Hightower.

You are the "woken dead", numb to reality, impervious to the concept of tolerance itself, because you think tolerance should mean acceptance.

It doesn't, it never has, it never will.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6901 on: May 12, 2021, 03:43:11 PM »

”You merely call anyone who disagrees with you on any subject a racist or a bigot. You do it very consistently.

It's the knee-jerk leftist horseshit you've lapped up that has poisoned what at one time was half a brain.

But you live in a world of your own construction, having traded it for the convenience of believing that you are some kind of superior being.

Few here are more prejudiced in their thinking than you”

Hey boys and girls, can you say, ‘Projection?’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #6902 on: May 12, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »

Is it the age that factors in here?

A bar fight where the same happens - but combatants are both in their 30s.  Same or different in terms of charging the "attacker"?

If you are saying you won’t press charges for actions that arise as a result of a bar fight, let’s go get a drink!

barton

« Reply #6903 on: May 12, 2021, 03:58:40 PM »

Is it the age that factors in here?

A bar fight where the same happens - but combatants are both in their 30s.  Same or different in terms of charging the "attacker"?

Look up "manslaughter," and stop being a complete twit.   

barton

« Reply #6904 on: May 12, 2021, 04:07:35 PM »

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

You provide not a single fact or argument to contest my observation that it's wrong to kick people from their homes and ancestral lands. 
(and we're not talking about nomadic peoples, here)

Saying "that's the trend of human history" or some such blather is not a valid ethical basis.  Human history is full of horrors.   

The Far Right government of Israel repeats at least one of those horrors.

Fuck off.

The land was lost in the 6-day war, a war that the Israelis did not start. The Palestinians are nomads, never had claim to the land, and they're fucking terrorists, whose stated claim is the complete destruction of Israel.

Fuck them, fuck you, and fuck anyone who parrots the bullshit that they are oppressed people living in an occupation.

The "horror" here is your fucking ignorance and the idiots who buy into the crap you're shoveling here.

Olive farmers aren't nomads.   I'm going to assume your other spittle-flying assertions are also factually incorrect as well,  save some time.   

And congrats on this year's Glass House Award, based on all your pious speeches about  how to engage with others here.   

Adios,  cuntface.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: May 12, 2021, 04:55:06 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/the-silence-of-the-sheep/

Dirty deeds done in only the most cowardly fashion.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: May 12, 2021, 05:44:03 PM »

”You merely call anyone who disagrees with you on any subject a racist or a bigot. You do it very consistently.

Few here are more prejudiced in their thinking than you”

Hey boys and girls, can you say, ‘Projection?’

Larry is learning new words in his therapy sessions. Good for you, jackass.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: May 12, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

You don't read well.

Or comprehend facts.

You provide not a single fact or argument to contest my observation that it's wrong to kick people from their homes and ancestral lands. 
(and we're not talking about nomadic peoples, here)

Saying "that's the trend of human history" or some such blather is not a valid ethical basis.  Human history is full of horrors.   

The Far Right government of Israel repeats at least one of those horrors.

Fuck off.

The land was lost in the 6-day war, a war that the Israelis did not start. The Palestinians are nomads, never had claim to the land, and they're fucking terrorists, whose stated claim is the complete destruction of Israel.

Fuck them, fuck you, and fuck anyone who parrots the bullshit that they are oppressed people living in an occupation.

The "horror" here is your fucking ignorance and the idiots who buy into the crap you're shoveling here.

Olive farmers aren't nomads.   I'm going to assume your other spittle-flying assertions are also factually incorrect as well,  save some time.   

And congrats on this year's Glass House Award, based on all your pious speeches about  how to engage with others here.   

Adios,  cuntface.

See how easily you show who YOU really are?

Heh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: May 12, 2021, 06:25:30 PM »

Low on Vagisil, Uno seems to be getting irritated again.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6909 on: May 12, 2021, 06:54:03 PM »

Low on Vagisil, Uno seems to be getting irritated again.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: May 12, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »

Hehe!

Here's a perspective on Palestinian Arabs, who have been in the region since the mid 1800s, per several sources....

It is unclear when exactly the Palestinian Arabs began to think of themselves as a distinct people or nation. We do know that as the Zionist project grew in momentum and became successful, the Arabs of Palestine began seeing themselves as a people on a land that belonged to them and was being stolen. In the decades since Palestinians have grown into a nation with a distinct sense of history and peoplehood. With a deep irony, Zionism substantially created the Palestinian people and continues to create it today.

Whether one considers Palestinian history lengthy enough to think them Indigenous or not is a moot point. If time is the issue, it’s only a matter of time until they qualify, so it is most logical to treat them now as having an indigenous claim. To do so in the way I’ve described legitimizes their claims without doing violence to truth or history.

Jewish indigeneity and indigenous rights in Israel must be respected for the international idea of Indigenous Rights to make any sense at all. Yet the Palestinian claim to indigeneity should not be dismissed either. Although it cannot be based on fictitious ties to the ancient Philistines or Canaanites, it can be based on 20th-century history. The Palestinians are now a real people, whether some like it or not, and every effort to aid them in gaining self-determination and a home should be pursued. They must be embraced as part of Israeli, and Jewish, history, and their claims to their Palestinian land, culture, and history fully acknowledged. The Jews are no longer the only living people indigenous to the Israeli/Palestinian territories.   

https://forward.com/scribe/372978/are-both-jews-and-palestinians-indigenous-to-israel/
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: May 12, 2021, 08:18:09 PM »

Palestinian Christians and Muslims constituted 90% of the population of Palestine in 1919, just before the third wave of Jewish immigration under the post-WW1 British Mandatory Authority,[56][57] opposition to which spurred the consolidation of a unified national identity, fragmented as it was by regional, class, religious and family differences.[58][59] The history of the Palestinian national identity is a disputed issue amongst scholars.[60][61] "Palestinian" was used to refer to the nationalist concept of a Palestinian people by Palestinian Arabs from the late 19th century, albeit in a limited way until World War I.[42][43] The dissolution of the Ottoman Empire and creation of Mandatory Palestine replaced Ottoman citizen with Palestinian citizenship, solidifying a national identity. After the creation of the State of Israel, the exodus of 1948 and more so after the exodus of 1967, the term evolved into a sense of a shared future in the form of aspirations for a significantly-reduced Palestinian state.[42] Palestinian identity encompasses the heritage of all ages from biblical times up to the Ottoman period.[62]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinians

Sounds like they've been there a while.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: May 12, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »

No, fuckhead, as usual you are confused.

You merely call anyone who disagrees with you on any subject a racist or a bigot. You do it very consistently.

You will believe what you want to believe regardless of evidence to the contrary.

That is what makes you a bigot.

You cannot admit being wrong. Just like Ward and Kid.

Yours is always the only correct opinion about anything.

So, I could point out to you that I have disagreed with Yank, with Banks, with Bosox, with Larry, with Fac, and many others in here without accusing one of those of being a bigot.

Some of us, self included, can be pretty cock-sure of our opinions, but all of the people I just named have admitted they've been wrong, again self included. So has Bambu, for that matter.

You don't. You can't.

You can't even admit that your "woke" accusation fell flat, prompting you to try a totally different (also failed) tack.

You post a higher number of worthwhile links and make some good comments. We agree on bunches of politics, though not even remotely all of them. It's why I won't throw you on ignore. But until you learn your own humanity, instead of your extreme inanity, a bigot you will remain.

Yes, you're a racist, too, in your presentation here, Ham, but that's not the point. Not today.

I am sure you will have a terribly witty (in your opinion) pedantic response that thoroughly misses the point, while still being unable to name a time you have admitted being wrong here.

"Expected" is too weak a term for how you behave.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: May 12, 2021, 08:30:02 PM »

I love this idea!

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: May 12, 2021, 08:56:20 PM »

Say Joe!
About those pipelines.

Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm admitted during a press briefing on the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack Tuesday the best way to transport fuel across parts of the country is pipelines, despite the fact that the Biden administration has revoked pipeline permits, including Keystone XL.

John Kerry, the U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, contradicted the Biden administration Wednesday by admitting pipelines are a more efficient way of transporting fuel than train or truck after the administration has revoked pipeline permits, including Keystone XL.

Oh.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2929