Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760871 times)

barton

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7186 on: May 18, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

Reminder to those who "just know" there was fraud in Maricopa.   A lot of what Trumpistos believe is Russell's Teapot. 

barton

« Reply #7187 on: May 18, 2021, 11:04:12 AM »

Israel continued its airstrikes into Gaza, leaving behind a massive mound of rebar and concrete slabs in its attack on the six-story building that housed bookstores and educational centers used by the Islamic University and other colleges. Desks, office chairs, books and computer wires could be seen in the debris. Residents sifted through the rubble, searching for their belongings.

Israel warned the building’s residents ahead of time, sending them fleeing into the predawn darkness, and there were no reports of casualties.

“The whole street started running, then destruction, an earthquake,” said Jamal Herzallah, a resident of the area. “This whole area was shaking.”

Since 2012, Hamed al-Ijla had run a training center in the building, teaching first aid, hospital management and other skills to thousands of students. The only things remaining were a pile of red first aid bags, medical coats wrapped in plastic and one box of surgical gloves....   
  -- AP News (which also lost its offfices to bombing)

Utterly senseless.   

barton

« Reply #7188 on: May 18, 2021, 11:08:17 AM »

My tv news:

"US govt admits UFOs are real."

Mmm...little green men with extraordinary powers could be visiting my area tonite.
Frightening!

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, so it is trivially true that there are flying objects which are unidentified.   The government is not saying they are spacecraft piloted by extraterrestrials.

Shh.   Bambu will be left with no choice but to shift his fears back to brown men.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: May 18, 2021, 11:51:09 AM »

Israel continued its airstrikes into Gaza, leaving behind a massive mound of rebar and concrete slabs in its attack on the six-story building that housed bookstores and educational centers used by the Islamic University and other colleges. Desks, office chairs, books and computer wires could be seen in the debris. Residents sifted through the rubble, searching for their belongings.

Israel warned the building’s residents ahead of time, sending them fleeing into the predawn darkness, and there were no reports of casualties.

“The whole street started running, then destruction, an earthquake,” said Jamal Herzallah, a resident of the area. “This whole area was shaking.”

Since 2012, Hamed al-Ijla had run a training center in the building, teaching first aid, hospital management and other skills to thousands of students. The only things remaining were a pile of red first aid bags, medical coats wrapped in plastic and one box of surgical gloves....   
  -- AP News (which also lost its offfices to bombing)

Utterly senseless.
That is Hamas, evil, senseless, and savage.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: May 18, 2021, 12:34:46 PM »

---Money, Iran and elections prompted Hamas to fire at Jerusalem---

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/money-iran-and-elections-prompted-hamas-to-fire-at-jerusalem-n9h7kfj86

Evil, senseless, suicidal, has to be the Ayatollahs at the core. Death to America, death to Israel, who else driven by 7th century superstitions and mythology.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: May 18, 2021, 02:41:42 PM »

Whatever Hamas is up to, Bibi has found a way to make them the less vicious and more law abiding party in this conflict. Why does Natenyahu hate Israel so much after all he has done for it and all it has done for him?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: May 18, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »

Whatever Hamas is up to, Bibi has found a way to make them the less vicious and more law abiding party in this conflict. Why does Natenyahu hate Israel so much after all he has done for it and all it has done for him?

Because they are trying to through him in prison and he is trying to avoid it.

It's not hate, it's just survival.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: May 18, 2021, 03:07:47 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: May 18, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/what-should-team-biden-do-about-trump/

Draft trump. Send him to win the war in Afghanistan by himself.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: May 18, 2021, 03:33:16 PM »

I had a friend in Detroit, Parri Norman, she was a dance teacher, her husband committed suicide, and she ended up homeless, and I was hoping there was a way that she could help by teaching dance to the homeless women, or something.

Anyhow, I tried to help her by being supportive, and I even lined up housing for her in California if she wanted to live in California, but she committed suicide. It is so sad.

She was young and beautiful with 2 daughters. 

She died in Olivet.

Here is her obituary...

https://www.dutcherfh.com/memorials/parri-norman/4552977/

We need to have very active Wellness Centers all over the USA that can help the homeless and the mentally ill.

We have a new Wellness Center in Orange that helps a lot of people. Here is the link...

https://bewelloc.org/

It is also important to have Mental Health Associations such as the one in Santa Ana...

https://mhaoc.org/

People are committing suicide at an alarming rate, and we need to have more Wellness Centers and we need to have more help for people so that we can try to save people. 

I will miss my friend, and I hate suicide.

I support programs to help people who need help. 

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #7197 on: May 18, 2021, 03:40:41 PM »

Because they are trying to throw him in prison and he is trying to avoid it.

It's not hate, it's just survival.

Yes,  it's a Wag the Dog scenario (1997 film,  worth a look if you're unfamiliar). 

Get Hamas (who can be vicious) riled up,  then fan the flames once you've got the unrest started,  until you've got all-out war.   Then bomb the crap out of tall buildings that pose no threat (AP News,  medical training center,  educational book depository, etc)  so your base knows what a tough guy you are.   Kill plenty of women and children,  so as to keep Palestinians extremely angry and Hamas shooting.    Lather,  rinse,  repeat.    Oh,  and get American suckers to believe that your country didn't brutally dispossess hundreds of thousands of peaceful longterm residents and drown their descendants in an endless grinding cycle of poverty.  A couple million stuffed into a concentration camp narrow chunk about the size of metro Des Moines,  Iowa.   

Yeah,  fuck you,  smutley.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: May 18, 2021, 03:51:13 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/05/18/andrew-brown-shooting-video-nc-district-attorney-presser-vpx.cnn

The D.A. in this walked in having decided what the video showed without regard for the video, what the case merited without regard for the case he cited, and there was no way he was going to suggest the officers had erred even slightly.

There is a reason we are only being shown what we are and that, limited to the press briefing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #7199 on: May 18, 2021, 03:56:24 PM »

I had a friend in Detroit, Parri Norman, she was a dance teacher, her husband committed suicide, and she ended up homeless, and I was hoping there was a way that she could help by teaching dance to the homeless women, or something.

Anyhow, I tried to help her by being supportive, and I even lined up housing for her in California if she wanted to live in California, but she committed suicide. It is so sad.

She was young and beautiful with 2 daughters. (...)

We need to have very active Wellness Centers all over the USA that can help the homeless and the mentally ill.

It's a good idea.   I think a broader answer is to foster a more nurturing society that invests heavily in simple,  clean housing for the homeless.   Having a safe sheltered space to live should be considered the most basic and important social safety net.   

Have a specialized segment of the construction industry that is funded by all of us,  so that small but livable studio apts and cottages are provided in a way that's not profit centered.   
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 2929