Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760479 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7320 on: May 20, 2021, 06:06:00 AM »

Trump cleared the way for this Bibi power grab and helped Jared chisel out a bailout for screwing the people of Israel and Palestine.

It seems only 35 republican congresspersons are confident they weren’t giving terror reconnaissance tours of the capitol in December and January. It’s an interesting number.

Trump initiated the Abrahams agreement.
No Trump...war is on.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: May 20, 2021, 06:34:17 AM »

That let Bibi know he could act without unified condemnation from the Arab world and that’s gotten us to where we are today, the aftermath of the coalition scuttling ploy, its still rising body count, and dimming prospects of the genie going back in the bottle any time soon.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: May 20, 2021, 07:16:37 AM »

so, Hamas/Palestinians have tunnels in which they crawl along, and bob up from and kill Israelis?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: May 20, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »

That let Bibi know he could act without unified condemnation from the Arab world and that’s gotten us to where we are today, the aftermath of the coalition scuttling ploy, its still rising body count, and dimming prospects of the genie going back in the bottle any time soon.

Other than their occasional pearl-clutching at the transgressions of the Israelis, do you actually believe the "Arab world" has any great love for their Palestinian brethren?   

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:52:36 AM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #7325 on: May 20, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »

Murder

https://apnews.com/article/ronald-greene-death-louisiana-eca021d8a54ec73598dd72b269826f7a

And coverup.

Looks like Biden will be doing a better job getting the DoJ to review these cases,  and generally investigate problem PDs (of which there seem to be a quite few in Loozianna)

The case of Greene is appalling.   There will not be peace in this nation until we start getting justice for him and others.   The officers response was utterly insane. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: May 20, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »

---Hamas remains as committed as ever to killing Jews. The proximate cause for its aiming to do so now was an astounding display of weakness by the United States.

The facts bear this out. Just five weeks after the Biden administration reopened negotiations with Iran—the patron of Hamas—and announced it would be restoring U.S. aid to the Palestinian Authority, Hamas attacked.---

https://www.newsweek.com/how-biden-should-handle-israel-hamas-iran-opinion-1592674

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: May 20, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/five-oregon-counties-vote-to-secede-and-join-idaho

Not the first.

Also...

Not happening. It requires both Oregon's and Idaho's approval, but it also requires congressional approval. And... just imagine what it would start!
Why would Oregon oppose it?
In order to not give into to whiney snowflake assholes who love.democracy and freedom only when it is there side in power?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: May 20, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/five-oregon-counties-vote-to-secede-and-join-idaho

Not the first.

Also...

Not happening. It requires both Oregon's and Idaho's approval, but it also requires congressional approval. And... just imagine what it would start!
In order to not give into to whiney snowflake assholes who love.democracy and freedom only when it is there side in power?

More like to not lose clout in the House and EC while adding clout to the GOP's House and EC representation.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:03 PM »

Other than their occasional pearl-clutching at the transgressions of the Israelis, do you actually believe the "Arab world" has any great love for their Palestinian brethren?   

The singular role that the Palestinians play for their "Arab brethren" (now supported by BLM as fellow "oppressed"), is to continue to play perennial victim in order to advance the common desire to remove Israel from the Middle East.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: May 20, 2021, 12:28:44 PM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/05/20/996515792/a-newly-identified-coronavirus-is-making-people-sick-and-it-s-coming-from-dogs

The cause-->effect in the URL is not borne out by the actual article.  They do not yet know if that CV is what's making people sick or if it just happened to be present in their tissues while they were sick from something else.  It's possible that the new CV is not pathogenic in humans, have to wait and see.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: May 20, 2021, 12:33:37 PM »

The singular role that the Palestinians play for their "Arab brethren" (now supported by BLM as fellow "oppressed"), is to continue to play perennial victim in order to advance the common desire to remove Israel from the Middle East.
I disagree in part. I have no doubt that the Palestinians are oppressed. My point, and one you touched on and I agree with is that the remainder of the “Arab world” doesn’t care a fig about Palestinians (and never have).
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: May 20, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »

Not the first.

Also...

Oregon can't give up Bandon, on the south coast - it's too pretty.  And we know what no-regs conservatives like to do to pretty things.

This sounds a lot like the occasional rumblings in western Nebraska to join Wyoming.  I believe the standard joke in all such cases is, "It will raise the average IQ in both states."   
Im on the pavement

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: May 20, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »

Couple thoughts on that:

The fact that Iran uses Hamas doesn't make ordinary Palestinians at fault for fighting dispossession and oppression.

"Play the victim" implies that Palestinian Arabs are not victimized.  But they are.  Clearly.  Your argument is sort of like saying "When George Floyd stopped breathing, he was just playing the victim."  IOW, your argument is shit. 

Nobody wakes up one morning and says "Hey, I feel pretty badass and mean.  Let's fire some rockets at Israel.  Just to be real dicks!"  Hamas is a result (yes, a bad one) of Israeli oppression and dispossession.  Iran may have supplied the rockets, but Israel's harsh RW policies supplied the rage. 

Im on the pavement

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 2929