Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760081 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7365 on: May 20, 2021, 06:05:46 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/unc-withholds-tenure-1619-project-journalist-after-conservative-backlash-n1267979

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's journalism school is not offering Nikole Hannah-Jones, the Pulitzer Prize-winning creator of The New York Times' "1619 Project," a tenured professorship after facing pressure from conservatives.

NC Policy Watch first reported that the UNC-Chapel Hill's board of trustees had decided not to approve tenure for Hannah-Jones at the Hussman School of Journalism and Media. According to the 19th, she is the first person in this role at UNC-Chapel Hill to be denied tenure by the board.

The university announced last month that Hannah-Jones would join the school as the Knight Chair in Race and Investigative Journalism in July. Conservatives quickly condemned the university's decision to offer Hannah-Jones the tenure-track position.

"This is a very political thing," one trustee reportedly told Policy Watch. "The university and the board of trustees and the Board of Governors and the Legislature have all been getting pressure since this thing was first announced last month. There have been people writing letters and making calls, for and against. But I will leave it to you which is carrying more weight."

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: May 20, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »

Best thing UNC could do to help the project get adopted quickly as curriculum nation wide. It’s good to give young people an accurate accounting of History.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: May 20, 2021, 06:09:04 PM »

Best thing UNC could do to help the project get adopted quickly as curriculum nation wide. It’s good to give young people an accurate accounting of History.

Accurate?

Uh--it's just one perspective. 
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7368 on: May 20, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/unc-withholds-tenure-1619-project-journalist-after-conservative-backlash-n1267979

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's journalism school is not offering Nikole Hannah-Jones, the Pulitzer Prize-winning creator of The New York Times' "1619 Project," a tenured professorship after facing pressure from conservatives.

NC Policy Watch first reported that the UNC-Chapel Hill's board of trustees had decided not to approve tenure for Hannah-Jones at the Hussman School of Journalism and Media. According to the 19th, she is the first person in this role at UNC-Chapel Hill to be denied tenure by the board.

The university announced last month that Hannah-Jones would join the school as the Knight Chair in Race and Investigative Journalism in July. Conservatives quickly condemned the university's decision to offer Hannah-Jones the tenure-track position.

"This is a very political thing," one trustee reportedly told Policy Watch. "The university and the board of trustees and the Board of Governors and the Legislature have all been getting pressure since this thing was first announced last month. There have been people writing letters and making calls, for and against. But I will leave it to you which is carrying more weight."

Art Pope strikes again.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: May 20, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »

You’re comparing Police to homicidal white supremacists is just plain stupid.

No. I'm not.

I'm comparing YOUR and OTHERS' reaction to those crimes.

On a scale of victimhood, the loss of those ELEVEN people was far greater to our society than those low life criminals.

And the outcry far less.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: May 20, 2021, 06:29:12 PM »

Martin Bashir
Now officially discredited as a Journalist.
Hey Harry! 
Bonkers?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7371 on: May 20, 2021, 06:36:28 PM »

No. I'm not.

On a scale of victimhood, the loss of those ELEVEN people was far greater to our society than those low life criminals.

And the outcry far less.

Yeah, you are.

You of all people embracing a Victimhood Scale is hilarious.

You can’t compare the victims and say the outcry was worse because of who they were without examing the reaction to the perpetrators, dig?

For the fifty eleventh time...

Crooks gonna crook but cops are Duty bound to protest and serve.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7372 on: May 20, 2021, 07:11:47 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: May 20, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »

People are slowly catching up with this idea,

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/republican-party-cheney-trump-polls.html

Very hopeful outlook and a great reason that it’s worth fighting to ensure this country continues to have free and fair elections more free and more fair than it has ever managed before.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: May 20, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.
Because you stupid fucking racist the issue is not "someone died" but the state action that resulted in their deaths. But you know that you stupid fucking racist.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: May 20, 2021, 07:55:57 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

Yeah, you are.

You of all people embracing a Victimhood Scale is hilarious.

You can’t compare the victims and say the outcry was worse because of who they were without examing the reaction to the perpetrators, dig?

For the fifty eleventh time...

Crooks gonna crook but cops are Duty bound to protest and serve.

You really have trouble comprehending reading.

Is it the blood sugar thing? Or were you just poorly educated.

Cops are not a part of the fucking discussion here, dumbfuck.

The comparative nature of the public response to the victims of disgusting criminal acts is the issue.

I personally don't embrace victimhood.

It's not in the DNA. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: May 20, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.
Because you stupid fucking racist the issue is not "someone died" but the state action that resulted in their deaths. But you know that you stupid fucking racist.

Here's another who is lost.

But willfully so.

And note the continued weaving of the false narrative, the knee-jerk labeling of racist because his mind is too small to comprehend the truth. BLM wanted us all to weep for fuckers who didn't know how to stay within the law and who embraced crime as a way of life, and now they want you to side with Hamas, a terrorist organization. Along the way, too, people, be sure to ignore the innocent slaughter of Jews---they don't matter. Even the black Jews.

See how well MLK did in the 1960's without the Jews coming to his aid. Is that in the 1619 project, btw?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: May 20, 2021, 08:09:53 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

Here's another who is lost.

But willfully so.

And note the continued weaving of the false narrative, the knee-jerk labeling of racist ...
Because you are one. Because you continually devalue the lives of black people, Palestinian children, any one not like you. You get called a racist because of your racist comments and behavior,  "Buckwheat".
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #7379 on: May 20, 2021, 08:39:27 PM »

I know others have commented on this.   But....

ELEVEN law-abiding and contributing-to-a-more-just-society Jews being killed in the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh represents a great loss to the country. But you wouldn't know it. Known criminals like a Michael Brown, or a George Floyd are mourned as a terrible loss to our society, both having done nothing for no one but themselves, because...well, they're not Jews, right?

(...)

See if you can put 2 and 2 together, and maybe you'll begin to understand who the real persecuted are, and who the extremists are.

Maybe.

Trying to follow your logic here:

1.  11 Jews were killed and they were law-abiding and good people.   Dozens of BIPoC killed in racially motivated incidents,  but they're all thugs or parasites so fuck em.   Therefore,  in your zero-sum game calculation of who is really persecuted,  it's Jews.   

2. Blacks endure systemic racism that affects millions in terms of health care,  criminal justice,  education,  housing,  access to startup capital, exposure to carcinogens,   etc.  but ELEVEN JEWISH PEOPLE WERE SHOT so Jews are the ones who are the "real persecuted. "   You make it sound like a contest that Jews won,  because you have special wisdom on what human lives matter!   

3.  When someone shoots up a temple,  it's a violent hate crime.   But when people with badges pull an injured black man from a car and beat him to death,  oh no,  no hate crime there.   No racial bias.  THEY HAD BADGES.   When an ex-sheriff deputy tries to detain a black jogger and then kills him,  oh no,  not a hate crime.   The guy was JOGGING SUSPICIOUSLY!  HE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A FINE UPSTANDING CITIZEN SO DON'T BELIEVE THE MANY PEOPLE WHO SAID HE WAS AND MISS WHAT HE BROUGHT TO THEIR LIVES!   

How fucking dumb are you?   
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 2929