Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759922 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7530 on: May 24, 2021, 12:57:57 PM »

How about a stipend for all students who were diligent in paying off their loans?

How come those have always scream unfair when those who don’t catch a break?

I paid off my student loans a couple years ago. Why should I begrudge folks who didn’t have the same access to the financial resources I have?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: May 24, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »

How about a stipend for all students who were diligent in paying off their loans?

I paid off my student loans a couple years ago. Why should I begrudge folks who didn’t have the same access to the financial resources I have?

How come so many groups come to this country with nothing and still make it, while others keep complaining of unfair access to resources but refuse to work or embrace real education?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: May 24, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »

How come so many groups come to this country with nothing and still make it, while others keep complaining of unfair access to resources but refuse to work or embrace real education?

You nailed it. A republican ethos of lazy whining and uselessness is permeating American culture. It’s what we get when we let a criminal organization masquerade as a political party.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: May 24, 2021, 02:29:00 PM »

A Woman’s Soul

May 24  · 

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family.

As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation... His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children... So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

-----------

I used to have to do that when I worked at Universal Studios, if I got a flat tire on the way to work, or if they were not paying me enough money, or whatever the problem, it did not have anything to do with the customers, some of the customers came from all over the world and they paid a lot of money to spend the day at Universal Studios, so I always left my personal problems at the gate, and I was always kind and patient with the customers. That is a good lesson.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: May 24, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »

More of Larry's folk have been able to attend college compared with days gone by - and now he considers those with the degree "have nots".

Nice.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7535 on: May 24, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »

More of Larry's folk have been able to attend college compared with days gone by - and now he considers those with the degree "have nots".

Nice.

The ROI of a college education is not the same as days gone by. I left undergrad with a $0.00 credit balance and no student loans.

Back in the day your folks went to college for free and then turned support for education into funding for mass incarceration.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7536 on: May 24, 2021, 03:00:08 PM »

For a myriad of reasons, most to simple for the bigoted mind to comprehend.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: May 24, 2021, 03:02:00 PM »

What "groups" do you have in mind as making it? What "groups" are refusing to work or embrace real education, racist? Those lazy, shiftless complaining black people who do not know how good they have it, 'm I right, racist?

A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: May 24, 2021, 03:11:12 PM »

Nice.

The ROI of a college education is not the same as days gone by. I left undergrad with a $0.00 credit balance and no student loans.

Back in the day your folks went to college for free and then turned support for education into funding for mass incarceration.

That would be "back in the day" that never existed.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: May 24, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »

Which explains your ignorance, bigot.

barton

« Reply #7540 on: May 24, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »

What I don't think some neo-cons grasp is that it's less expensive to provide a good education than it is to provide the massive programs that handle the fallout from bad education.   I'm a true fiscal conservative:  good education from preschool to grad school is the way to hand out the LEAST amount of taxpayer money.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7541 on: May 24, 2021, 03:37:02 PM »

Nice.

That would be "back in the day" that never existed.

Look up the GI bill.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7542 on: May 24, 2021, 03:38:44 PM »

Hell, you can’t grasp a simple concept.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: May 24, 2021, 03:44:36 PM »

Hell, you can’t grasp a simple concept.

Oh, it's simple concept. You hate anyone who has worked harder than you and gotten further in life.

GI's earned their degrees.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: May 24, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »

What I don't think some neo-cons grasp is that it's less expensive to provide a good education than it is to provide the massive programs that handle the fallout from bad education.

Not in the way they view expensive - the cost of having an educated underclass is way too high in terms of power vs. keeping them down.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 2929