Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759537 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7875 on: May 28, 2021, 05:35:51 PM »

You guessed wrong and even if you guessed correctly, what kind of person thinks that legitimate for message board banter?

I think banks explained that one.

Nope.

I didn't touch on your doxxing and disclosing of other's personal info. I discussed what I had first hand knowledge of. But I have commented on it in the past. IMO its a coercive, threatening and underhanded manner to influence another poster's behavior.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7876 on: May 28, 2021, 05:37:05 PM »

you should be prepared to protect your nuts.

He has nothing to protect.

You want to show you have nuts?

Post your resume.

Unredacted.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: May 28, 2021, 05:49:34 PM »

Once again, to be clear, I have not disclosed personal info here---

I am, however, the first and only poster to have his name inserted into a fora title---a willful and direct attempt to coerce and influence other posters' behavior.

No one here objected to that, btw.

Not even me. But imagine if someone put up a for titled "Larry Attacks Others as Racist and Liars to Start a Flame War"? 

Kid has it right. There are two sets of interpretation for the same offenses.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: May 28, 2021, 05:50:29 PM »

Post your resume.

Unredacted.

I don't want to make you feel worse about yourself, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: May 28, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »

The shit he says to you guys comes no where close to the shit he says about me and black people in general.

Larry
Hammy-Utley-Piggy-Sybil and I have gone after it tong and hammer for almost 20 years in either non-moderated or lightly moderated sports forums, the last 14 years in Elba. Well before he ever discovered you in the political fora. And while the flame wars generally started over his trolling about teams and players it predictably almost always turned very personal and very nasty. But at times it was so over the top, it was funny as hell. I could care less if someone calls me a name, or uses a slur, or posts vile photos, but it crossed the line when he put my family at risk with the doxxing. That was off limits.

But I understand how you may feel about the personal attacks. I generally stay out of other people's squabbles and don't like to pig pile, but IMO his attacks on you were unfair and also off limits and its why I told him to knock it off when I thought he had crossed the line with you a few years ago. That type of intervention now seems more common. And IMO a good thing.

The dude likes to push buttons and argue.

But he doesn't like to lose.

So be prepared to get punched in the nuts.

C’mon, Banks

Neither do yoou.

No one likes to lose Larry.So I pick my fights with some care, and cuome armed with facts and a supportable argument. Sometimes my opponent is unaware they're already wobbling and about to go down for the count, 2 posts into a debate. 

I'm just suggesting after 20 years of sparring with Hammy and Utley, and Piggy and Sybil, that you should be prepared to protect your nuts.

Maybe wear a cup.

And if that doesn’t work just call your “opponent” a liar.

Every conversation doesn’t have to be a battle unless that’s all you’re interested in

It seems like you want to argue Larry.

That you posted a 4-5 YO article about Kapernick written in 2015 or 2016, and tried to pass off as an article written in 2020, and pertaining to events of 2020, was on you not me.

And I asked you about the misleading article and you got very defensive, as if you were caught doing something less than honest.

After discussing the issue with you at the time, it seemed to me you intentionally tried to mislead Elba rather than 1) admit to a mistake or 2) admit you tried to mislead Elba, all because you didn't want to lose an argument.

Remember the cup Larry, not everyone debates as fairly as I do.

Banks what you’re saying is I’m either stupid or a liar.

You insult my intelligence and question my integrity and you call that debate?

I explained myself at the time and that point still remains, if America had listened when the players took a knee we might not have millions protesting in the streets during a pandemic.

You got caught in a dumb accusation and doubled and tripled down it.

Because everyone knows the NFL plays their games in fucking June.

You move goalposts and you change your arguments to fit rebuttals

And you make proclamations about shit you know nothing about about because you have no frame of reference.

I don’t need to wear a cup because a debate isn’t a streetlight.

Larry you posted a a misleading link, which initially I called "misleading" and your response was very defensive.

I did not say why it was misleading but you knew immediately what my issue was, and you could not admit to either the mistake or the subterfuge. 

And Larry I'm not having a debate with you about integrity.

that's over.

You tried to bullshit Elba and you got caught.

Its not my fault you're not a better bullshitter or a more persuasive debator.

And I'm sorry you still not over the beating you took and embarassment you seem to feel,

Like I said earlier Larry, most of my opponent's are unaware that they are about to go down for the count 2 posts into the debate.

When you decided to continue your subterfuge rather than simply admit to making a mistake, you were done.

I knew you were full of shit.

Its probably best to let the defeat go Larry. 

Learn or try to learn and move on.

And try a small cup.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 05:57:10 PM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #7880 on: May 28, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »

This thread is turning into an unfunny remake of Grumpy Old Men.   All you need is Burgess Meredith making his pee-pee joke.

Meanwhile,  Bambu is being eaten alive by rampaging hordes....

https://apnews.com/article/plague-ravenous-destructive-mice-tormenting-australians-b8b85ecc13e147f151510e8635d2d032

Australia, stop feeding your cats.   Problem solved.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7881 on: May 28, 2021, 06:30:06 PM »

Post your resume.

Unredacted.

I don't want to make you feel worse about yourself, Larry.

You keep forgetting I consider myself to be wildly successful for as a black man in America I ran the race on my own terms.

Your own posts demonstrate your unfulfilled ambitions.

It’s why you’re a miserable fuck standing athwart the fora screaming, “unfair!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7882 on: May 28, 2021, 06:33:31 PM »

The shit he says to you guys comes no where close to the shit he says about me and black people in general.

Larry
Hammy-Utley-Piggy-Sybil and I have gone after it tong and hammer for almost 20 years in either non-moderated or lightly moderated sports forums, the last 14 years in Elba. Well before he ever discovered you in the political fora. And while the flame wars generally started over his trolling about teams and players it predictably almost always turned very personal and very nasty. But at times it was so over the top, it was funny as hell. I could care less if someone calls me a name, or uses a slur, or posts vile photos, but it crossed the line when he put my family at risk with the doxxing. That was off limits.

But I understand how you may feel about the personal attacks. I generally stay out of other people's squabbles and don't like to pig pile, but IMO his attacks on you were unfair and also off limits and its why I told him to knock it off when I thought he had crossed the line with you a few years ago. That type of intervention now seems more common. And IMO a good thing.

C’mon, Banks

Neither do yoou.

No one likes to lose Larry.So I pick my fights with some care, and cuome armed with facts and a supportable argument. Sometimes my opponent is unaware they're already wobbling and about to go down for the count, 2 posts into a debate. 

I'm just suggesting after 20 years of sparring with Hammy and Utley, and Piggy and Sybil, that you should be prepared to protect your nuts.

Maybe wear a cup.

Every conversation doesn’t have to be a battle unless that’s all you’re interested in

That you posted a 4-5 YO article about Kapernick written in 2015 or 2016, and tried to pass off as an article written in 2020, and pertaining to events of 2020, was on you not me.

And I asked you about the misleading article and you got very defensive, as if you were caught doing something less than honest.

After discussing the issue with you at the time, it seemed to me you intentionally tried to mislead Elba rather than 1) admit to a mistake or 2) admit you tried to mislead Elba, all because you didn't want to lose an argument.

I explained myself at the time and that point still remains, if America had listened when the players took a knee we might not have millions protesting in the streets during a pandemic.

And you make proclamations about shit you know nothing about about because you have no frame of reference.

Larry you posted a a misleading link, which initially I called "misleading" and your response was very defensive.

I did not say why it was misleading but you knew immediately what my issue was, and you could not admit to either the mistake or the subterfuge. 

that's over.

And I'm sorry you still not over the beating you took and embarassment you seem to feel,

Like I said earlier Larry, most of my opponent's are unaware that they are about to go down for the count 2 posts into the debate.

When you decided to continue your subterfuge rather than simply admit to making a mistake, you were done.

And try a small cup.

Like a dog with a rawhide chew toy.

I didn’t lie I made a mistake. Why would I mislead when at bottom I WAS RIGHT?

No banks, you attacked the premise of the post because your initial position was negative and on that you were/are wrong.

I posted a link with a pull quote that left in two words “this week”

Did I get defensive?

Banks, are you for real?

Of course I got defensive and have admitted so. I got defensive because you, as usual, went zero to sixty and focused on bullshit.

The fact remains the post was accurate.

White America had the opportunity to acknowledge peaceful protest and instead lost its collective shit.

A couple years later the protest was LOUD and still white folks got mad.

That’s the bottom line.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:41:19 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7883 on: May 28, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »

Question banks,

Why are you so focused on dick size?

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: May 28, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »

Larry

C’mon, Banks

Neither do yoou.

Maybe wear a cup.

that's over.

And try a small cup.

Like a dog with a rawhide chew toy.

I didn’t lie I made a mistake. Why would I mislead when at bottom I WAS RIGHT?

No banks, you attacked the premise of the post because your initial position was negative and on that you were/are wrong.

Sorry Rover but you're the bitch here.

I asked you about a misleading link you posted.

Nothing more, not even why the link and article was misleading.

I asked about an link you provided.

You knew exactly why the article was misleading as you posted a 4-5 YO link and tried to pass it off as discussing a 2020 event.

And then you compounded the subterfuge.

You couldn't man up and simply admit you made a mistake

Let it go Larry.

You made a mistake.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: May 28, 2021, 06:47:38 PM »

I can define youme.

You’re I'm a miserable motherfucker who needs to believe everyone is as miserable as youme.

FIFY.

As your words they’re the only thing you posted here that rings true. Very self aware of you. Glad you can own it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:50:32 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: May 28, 2021, 06:53:24 PM »

Question banks,

I'm not.

I suggested you defend yourself to low blows and thought a cup might be helpful.

Why are you so hung up and defensive about a discussion we had a year or so ago?

You'll get over it with time.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7887 on: May 28, 2021, 06:54:44 PM »

Fuck it banks.

You know you’re blowing smoke.

Why don’t you pull up the original post.

I copped to the mistake in the thread and but by then you were off and screaming about intellectual dishonesty.

Then it morphed into a lie.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7888 on: May 28, 2021, 06:56:35 PM »

Question banks,

I'm not.

I suggested you defend yourself to low blows and thought a cup might be helpful.

Why are you so hung up and defensive about a discussion we had a year or so ago?

You'll get over it with time.

You keep referencing cup and size.

Speaks volumes.

Why?

You called me a liar.

I’m supposed to say, “Oh that’s just Banks being banks?”

Fuck that.

I’m no liar and I wasn’t wrong,

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: May 28, 2021, 06:59:17 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-orders-special-master-review-142253115.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) -A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered an independent review of evidence from electronic devices seized in recent raids of Rudy Giuliani's home and office, rejecting Giuliani's effort to block it.

U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken in Manhattan said appointing a special master would "ensure the perception of fairness" in reviewing the 18 devices, including cellphones and computers, taken during the April 28 raids.

That should provide for some fun reading.

Let's go!!!!!

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 2929