Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759519 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7890 on: May 28, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »

Banks will never admit that Larry wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Larry will never admit that he was.

There is no resolution to this. As I have pointed out once or twice. nobody can prove anything to anybody. This is doubly true when two people read the same exact material and conclude different things from it.

Why Banks is so sure he can read Larry's mind is beyond me, but it seems to be the case.

Why Larry thinks Banks will ever change his mind is perhaps even further beyond me.

I'd prefer that the two of you knock it off. Things are far more readable with the folks I have on ignore on ignore - I can read the stuff when I have cope, but skip it at other times. But getting rid of the incessant and pointless bickering would be nice, too. (Yes, I have engaged in it. I have been and continue to be working at reducing the number times and the lengths of the times in which I do it.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: May 28, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-orders-special-master-review-142253115.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) -A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered an independent review of evidence from electronic devices seized in recent raids of Rudy Giuliani's home and office, rejecting Giuliani's effort to block it.

U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken in Manhattan said appointing a special master would "ensure the perception of fairness" in reviewing the 18 devices, including cellphones and computers, taken during the April 28 raids.

That should provide for some fun reading.

Let's go!!!!!

Kid's incisive analysis of this sort is why he has joined the Silent Monks singing the Hallelujah Chorus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: May 28, 2021, 07:02:25 PM »

Fuck it banks.

You know you’re blowing smoke.

Why don’t you pull up the original post.

I copped to the mistake in the thread and but by then you were off and screaming about intellectual dishonesty.

Then it morphed into a lie.

Larry

This was over then.

For reasons unknown you decided to bring it back up today as if reopening this will change what took place.

You made a mistake.

You got called on the mistake

You got defensive about it.

Which led me to wonder whether it was intentional or not.

Own the mistake

And let it go.

And fucking move on.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7893 on: May 28, 2021, 07:09:19 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-orders-special-master-review-142253115.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) -A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered an independent review of evidence from electronic devices seized in recent raids of Rudy Giuliani's home and office, rejecting Giuliani's effort to block it.

U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken in Manhattan said appointing a special master would "ensure the perception of fairness" in reviewing the 18 devices, including cellphones and computers, taken during the April 28 raids.

That should provide for some fun reading.

Let's go!!!!!

heh

I would not want to be Rudy.

On top of his legal bills do you how much he pays in alimony every month?

Woof.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7894 on: May 28, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »

There is no resolution to this. As I have pointed out once or twice. nobody can prove anything to anybody. This is doubly true when two people read the same exact material and conclude different things from it.

Why Banks is so sure he can read Larry's mind is beyond me, but it seems to be the case.

Why Larry thinks Banks will ever change his mind is perhaps even further beyond me.

I'd prefer that the two of you knock it off. Things are far more readable with the folks I have on ignore on ignore - I can read the stuff when I have cope, but skip it at other times. But getting rid of the incessant and pointless bickering would be nice, too. (Yes, I have engaged in it. I have been and continue to be working at reducing the number times and the lengths of the times in which I do it.)

He called me a liar and has yet to answer if the premise of the post was correct or not.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7895 on: May 28, 2021, 07:17:05 PM »

Fuck it banks.

I copped to the mistake in the thread and but by then you were off and screaming about intellectual dishonesty.

Larry

This was over then.

For reasons unknown you decided to bring it back up today as if reopening this will change what took place.

You made a mistake.

Own the mistake

And let it go.

And fucking move on.

No.

You called me a liar.

Tell you what.

You want it over fine.

But tell me again, aside from the “misleading” inclusion of ‘this week’ what was incorrect about 5he context.

White people rejected peaceful protests and rejected  LOUD protest, was I wrong about that?

I’even said you could pull up the offensive post and prove I deliberately lied.

Do that and I’ll drop it and move on.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: May 28, 2021, 07:25:17 PM »

He called me a liar and has yet to answer if the premise of the post was correct or not.

Larry as I recall the linked article provided polling data from 2015 re kapernick which had no bearing on the polling data in 2020 re George Floyd and the protests surrounding his death.

So in that regard the link you provided to base a premise on was useless. At best you made a mistake, at worst you tried to bullshit this forum with irrelevant data. 

My sense was given your level of defensiveness at being caught in a "mistake" that it may have been intentional, but I have no idea.
I still think it funny that a year after the fact you feel the need to relitigate this.

Larry-It was over then.

And to Josh, I'm not reading minds, but rather Larry's posts.

And I change my mind upon facts and a well argued premise.

Not the woke bleatings of Elba's leading social justice warrior.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 07:44:45 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: May 28, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »

Fuck it banks.

Larry

This was over then.

You made a mistake.

Own the mistake

And let it go.

And fucking move on.

No.

You called me a liar.

Tell you what.

You want it over fine.

But tell me again, aside from the “misleading” inclusion of ‘this week’ what was incorrect about 5he context.

White people rejected peaceful protests and rejected  LOUD protest, was I wrong about that?

I’even said you could pull up the offensive post and prove I deliberately lied.

Do that and I’ll drop it and move on.

Larry I've no interest in re-arguing your mistakes from a year ago.

As I recall we did this once already 6 or so months ago.
And it seems just as unresolved in your mind now as it was 6 months ago and 12 months ago.

You made a mistake and then got really defensive about it.

Move on

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7898 on: May 28, 2021, 07:41:24 PM »

I posted “America, you had your chances” with an article on the police brutality protests. That made it relevant to George Floyd’s murder and 5he subsequent protest.

Banks called me on a misleading post and I responded, “that was from 2016.”

That should have been the end of it. Somehow that evolved into I’m a liar.

Damn shame a forum for the exchange of ideas is seen as field of battle.

If this is where you come to wage battle ARMED with facts... must be a bitch to be that powerless IRL.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: May 28, 2021, 07:43:20 PM »

Shhhhhh....

Game is on.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7900 on: May 28, 2021, 08:04:46 PM »

Meanwhile President Joe Biden has pleasantly surprised Progressives like me.

One could say Biden has not only gone BIG he’s gone REALLY FUCKING BIG!

(Puffs on my pipe)

“It has been gratifying to see Biden lean into his bold, progressive plan, announcing it in a joint session of Congress and hitting the road along with Vice President Kamala Harris to tout the administration’s achievements of the first 100 days and their ambitious plans for the future. Learning the lesson of the Obama Administration, which failed to take credit for its accomplishments, Biden is going on the offense. Good for him.

And good for progressives, who are seeing their long-term goals written into federal legislation with the backing of the administration and a real chance of passing.

Biden did not look like a progressive candidate on the campaign trail. Those of us who voted for Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were bracing for centrism and compromise in an era when Republican Party leaders have openly embraced sedition, violence, and white supremacy.”

https://progressive.org/magazine/biden%E2%80%99s-progressive-presidency-conniff/

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: May 28, 2021, 08:51:00 PM »

Fuck it banks.

Larry

This was over then.

You made a mistake.

Own the mistake

And let it go.

And fucking move on.

Oh the irony.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: May 28, 2021, 09:23:33 PM »

Meanwhile President Joe Biden has pleasantly surprised Progressives like me.

One could say Biden has not only gone BIG he’s gone REALLY FUCKING BIG!

(Puffs on my pipe)

“It has been gratifying to see Biden lean into his bold, progressive plan, announcing it in a joint session of Congress and hitting the road along with Vice President Kamala Harris to tout the administration’s achievements of the first 100 days and their ambitious plans for the future. Learning the lesson of the Obama Administration, which failed to take credit for its accomplishments, Biden is going on the offense. Good for him.

And good for progressives, who are seeing their long-term goals written into federal legislation with the backing of the administration and a real chance of passing.

Biden did not look like a progressive candidate on the campaign trail. Those of us who voted for Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders were bracing for centrism and compromise in an era when Republican Party leaders have openly embraced sedition, violence, and white supremacy.”

https://progressive.org/magazine/biden%E2%80%99s-progressive-presidency-conniff/

DOJ needs to sick it’s dogs on republican leaders ASAP. Meanwhile it’s nice to see a good American President lead this country after four years of grift, bullshit, and bile from the broken GOP.

If we work hard and destroy the depraved opposition arrayed against Joe, America can have nice things again, maybe even a future.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: May 28, 2021, 09:27:11 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: May 28, 2021, 09:29:39 PM »

Fuck it banks.

Larry

This was over then.

You made a mistake.

Own the mistake

And let it go.

And fucking move on.

Oh the irony.
I can argue a point, and its all the easier when I have the facts on my side. But this was over a year ago. For reasons unknown Larry decided he wanted to reopen this. I take no responsibility for Larry being butt hurt for so long and seeking relief.

Boz Perhaps you can kiss Larry's ass and make it better. 
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 2929