Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759271 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8010 on: May 30, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »

Happy Sunday. Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day when we get there.

Is Luee on about something specific or is that more general smoke rising from his ass?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: May 30, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »

Republican Sen. Paul Bettencourt of Houston defended the restrictions that would prevent Harris County from expanding voting access as it did in 2020, claiming without evidence that “drive-through voting didn’t work” and resulted in a 1.5 percent error rate.

Story continues below advertisement

Chris Hollins, who served as elections clerk in Harris County last year, disputed that claim.

“Drive-thru voting is safe, convenient, and secure for Texas voters. It worked so well in 2020 that nearly 1 in 10 in-person voters in Harris County cast their votes at drive-thrus,” he said in a text message.

“It’s a great service for Democratic and Republican voters, and everyone in between. Senator Bettencourt is not a fan because in 2020, too many of those voters were women and minorities.”   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/texas-voting-restrictions/2021/05/30/51dfa134-c140-11eb-93f5-ee9558eecf4b_story.html

The bill is the latest example of how Republican legislators around the country have pushed for new voting restrictions as former president Donald Trump has kept up a barrage of false attacks on the integrity of the 2020 election.

GOP lawmakers in Texas argued the bill is necessary to shore up voter trust, even through they have struggled to justify the need for stricter rules in the state, where officials said the 2020 election was secure.

Senate Bill 7 imposes a raft of hurdles on casting ballots by mail and enhances civil and criminal penalties for election administrators, voters and those seeking to assist them.

The measure would make it illegal for election officials to send out unsolicited mail ballot applications, empower partisan poll watchers and ban practices such as drop boxes and drive-through voting that were popularized in heavily Democratic Harris County last year. It would bar early-voting hours on Sunday mornings, potentially hampering Democratic get-out-the-vote programs aimed at Black churchgoers...   

It's really something to see partisan chicanery so naked,  not even with a string bikini or a merkin.   GOP, the party of minority rule.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: May 30, 2021, 11:22:03 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8013 on: May 30, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »

Is Luee on about something specific or is that more general smoke rising from his ass?

Just luee railing “fuck everyone else what about me?”

A true patriot.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: May 30, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »

A true patriot.

The irony here...
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8015 on: May 30, 2021, 11:37:34 AM »

A true patriot.

The irony here...

I’m a Social Justice Warrior, remember?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8016 on: May 30, 2021, 11:40:44 AM »

For someone who talks so much shit, I have to ask UNO...

What have you done?

When have you put your body or livelihood at risk in support of a cause?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8017 on: May 30, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »

Kamala Harris’s tweet to America
Enjoy the Long Weekend!

That was it.

”In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: May 30, 2021, 01:00:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/29/politics/education-department-student-loans-policy/index.html

Another bizarre Trump "pro-business" edict has been reversed.

Uh huh

Imperfect Joe

Fucked with wall construction

Fucked with China probe

Gets one right once in a while

I like Joe.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: May 30, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

A true patriot.

The irony here...

No, you're not. You're just as self-interested as anyone else. And you support reparations, which makes far, far less sense than luee's complaint.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: May 30, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »

What have you done?

I don't have to justify my life to you or anyone else, but I have been officially commended by two governors of two different states for my contributions to society, and for actions taken to save several others' lives.

My 40+ year career was entirely in public service, and along the way I received numerous honors for my efforts to bring educational equity to others.

Retired from that arena, I now volunteer to provide food for the poor and the elderly in my diverse community.

And I invest well, which allows me to be financially independent.

Feel better?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8022 on: May 30, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »

What have you done?

I don't have to justify my life to you or anyone else, but I have been officially commended by two governors of two different states for my contributions to society, and for actions taken to save several others' lives.

My 40+ year career was entirely in public service, and along the way I received numerous honors for my efforts to bring educational equity to others.

Retired from that arena, I now volunteer to provide food for the poor and the elderly in my diverse community.

And I invest well, which allows me to be financially independent.

Feel better?

Good for you.

You played it safe and we ended up in a similar situation.

I asked when you put your body and livelihood on the line?

For the last thirty years I was a part of a team that earned many honors and proclamations from town, county and state leaders.

You wanna see the proclamation I received from Mario Cuomo for my efforts as Executive Director of NACEC? A community development Corp.?

I didn’t give handouts I helped people go from being section 8 recipients to homeowners with skills in the trades.

How about managing the campaign of the first black woman elected to the NYS district court?

How about getting run out of NY for that accomplishment because I had to go against the black and white democratic establishment?

Moving to Washington DC with no job and no contacts with just enough money three months rent?

When my children bragged to their new friends how their dad was the best grilled in the world because he could make breakfast lunch and dinner on the grill... they didn’t have to no we couldn’t afford to pay for gas.

How about I’m in the process of getting the Capitol View Public Library renamed in her honor?

Yeah.

I took the rough road and have been richly rewarded.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:09:55 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8023 on: May 30, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »

A true patriot.

The irony here...

No, you're not. You're just as self-interested as anyone else. And you support reparations, which makes far, far less sense than luee's complaint.

You know what reparations I support?

All that generational wealth stolen from the people in the 20th C.

Look at what whites did in Tulsa just 100 years ago.

Multiply that by hundreds of such atrocities of varying levels. The way black peoples were specifically cut out of The New Deal. Restrictions on the GI Bill that cut blacks out of the educational and housing opportunities afforded to whites.

How the Interstate Highway system destroyed vibrant black communities that had rebuilt themselves and polluted those communities with the pollution of leaded gas fumes which poisoned the children of those communities in the womb...

And people like me are still on the same level as you.

Whiny little bitch.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: May 30, 2021, 01:56:50 PM »

A true patriot.

The irony here...

You know what reparations I support?

All that generational wealth stolen from the people in the 20th C.

Look at what whites did in Tulsa just 100 years ago.

Multiply that by hundreds of such atrocities of varying levels. The way black peoples were specifically cut out of The New Deal. Restrictions on the GI Bill that cut blacks out of the educational and housing opportunities afforded to whites.

How the Interstate Highway system destroyed vibrant black communities that had rebuilt themselves and polluted those communities with the pollution of leaded gas fumes which poisoned the children of those communities in the womb...

And people like me are still on the same level as you.

Whiny little bitch.

I think you should continue to sign all your posts that way.

It's your most accurate statement in this post, and reflects best what you bring here.
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 2929