Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758936 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8190 on: May 31, 2021, 10:26:57 PM »

Discussions are better than fights, Ham Sam,  because a fight is to find out who wins, and a discussion is to find what is true.  If people leave,  it's actually because they're not here to win and to be "right" but rather to find what is true.    Liberals are interested in the ideas of others as a path towards learning something.   Your interest seems to be more a path to abusing people and declaring victory.   

As for truth,  why do google and IWP come up empty for your "real name. "  ??

He’s had a huge impact on the world.

I’m changing my ideas and approach constantly in part due to the interplay both with and between those here, both those with whom I often agree and those with whom I agree only rarely. If not I would not come back.

Someone has to present an argument or piece or field of information I find both valid and interesting. It doesn’t necessarily need to be well put or received as intended, or the events would be rarer still.

Larry shows right up on Google for some reason.

My half-brother with 480K Twitter followers, including a former president and Fed chairs, is second after several pages on a MMA fighter with the same name.

Hamsam doesn’t seem to be there at all.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: May 31, 2021, 10:31:35 PM »

Josh

My "day and half" comment was re the recent drama. And this week-end squabble with Larry aside, I've cut way back on my posting in this forum. Speaking as a life-long liberal Dem, I found the pc-ness of the Elba's woke crowd laughable, and I mocked it, but at its core is intolerance and fear of not being woke enough.   

But I'll play by any rules imposed, PG, R or X, I prefer R, just as long as balls and strikes are called fairly.
So, you cave.

Sad.

And the response from that crowd of committed leftists here is to run away and create a safe space for talking about politics.

What? It's politics, not tiddlywinks.

The cabal of left-leaners here prompt two quotes to come to mind. 

"A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight begins." ---Heywood Broun (Bye, Larry. Bye, Barton.)

And, "Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."---Lenny Bruce  (Josh, Little Stevie of AZ, the irrelevant Fac, bodidley...)

These guys have shown that they stand for nothing; they only stand against.

To be fair, the idiots on the right remind me of this quote: "In this world of sin and sorrow, there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."---H. L. Mencken

Moderation for political discussion is an imposed morality. And as Oscar Wilde put it, "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike."

Think about it.

Heal yourself, weaklings.

Put your legs down.

Go indoors and stop sucking your cock in public.

Off the meds again, Fat Albert?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: May 31, 2021, 10:43:29 PM »

Discussions are better than fights, Ham Sam,  because a fight is to find out who wins, and a discussion is to find what is true.  If people leave,  it's actually because they're not here to win and to be "right" but rather to find what is true.    Liberals are interested in the ideas of others as a path towards learning something.   Your interest seems to be more a path to abusing people and declaring victory.   

He’s had a huge impact on the world.

I’m changing my ideas and approach constantly in part due to the interplay both with and between those here, both those with whom I often agree and those with whom I agree only rarely. If not I would not come back.

Someone has to present an argument or piece or field of information I find both valid and interesting. It doesn’t necessarily need to be well put or received as intended, or the events would be rarer still.

Larry shows right up on Google for some reason.

My half-brother with 480K Twitter followers, including a former president and Fed chairs, is second after several pages on a MMA fighter with the same name.

Hamsam doesn’t seem to be there at all.

And yet, here I am. I am Ham. Ham I am.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: May 31, 2021, 10:46:40 PM »

And green, and unclean, yes. Here you fucking are.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: May 31, 2021, 10:47:08 PM »

I don't know why your Google comes up empty.

Mine showed exactly who he is.

A character from the 14th episode of the 1st season of The Brady Bunch!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: May 31, 2021, 10:48:17 PM »

And green, and unclean, yes. Here you fucking are.

Is this one of those blue moons where you have something to add to the conversation?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: May 31, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »

Another poor baby not getting his way.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-frustrated-about-huge-legal-fees-to-fight-investigations-report-2021-5

It’s sad to see the bad end of white males.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8197 on: May 31, 2021, 11:08:04 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-frustrated-about-huge-legal-fees-to-fight-investigations-report-2021-5

Since he claims it’s “witch hunt” we should oblige and try him like one. Strap his ass to a chair and throw him in a lake...

If he drowns he’s innocent.

If he floats he’s guilty and must be burned.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8198 on: May 31, 2021, 11:20:38 PM »

Josh

My "day and half" comment was re the recent drama. And this week-end squabble with Larry aside, I've cut way back on my posting in this forum. Speaking as a life-long liberal Dem, I found the pc-ness of the Elba's woke crowd laughable, and I mocked it, but at its core is intolerance and fear of not being woke enough.   

But I'll play by any rules imposed, PG, R or X, I prefer R, just as long as balls and strikes are called fairly.
So, you cave.

Sad.

And the response from that crowd of committed leftists here is to run away and create a safe space for talking about politics.

What? It's politics, not tiddlywinks.

The cabal of left-leaners here prompt two quotes to come to mind. 

"A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight begins." ---Heywood Broun (Bye, Larry. Bye, Barton.)

And, "Liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."---Lenny Bruce  (Josh, Little Stevie of AZ, the irrelevant Fac, bodidley...)

These guys have shown that they stand for nothing; they only stand against.

To be fair, the idiots on the right remind me of this quote: "In this world of sin and sorrow, there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."---H. L. Mencken

Moderation for political discussion is an imposed morality. And as Oscar Wilde put it, "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt toward people we personally dislike."

Think about it.

Heal yourself, weaklings.

Put your legs down.

Go indoors and stop sucking your cock in public.

Off the meds again, Fat Albert?

Addressing me directly?
Since you have pulled another Sybil identity out of your ass I don’t know you.

Bray to your neart’s content.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: May 31, 2021, 11:23:58 PM »

My favorite comments from the piece are the very predictable, "Tump has still not paid Giuliani for his work and instructed his aides not to pay the legal fees because he was upset that Giuliani had not done more to push back against his second impeachment that month."

Why on Earth would Giuliani have ever expected Trump to pay Trump's legal bills for Giuliani's work, let alone pay for Giuliani's own legal bills?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8200 on: May 31, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »

My favorite comments from the piece are the very predictable, "Tump has still not paid Giuliani for his work and instructed his aides not to pay the legal fees because he was upset that Giuliani had not done more to push back against his second impeachment that month."

Why on Earth would Giuliani have ever expected Trump to pay Trump's legal bills for Giuliani's work, let alone pay for Giuliani's own legal bills?!

The whole right wing movement left this plane of reality long ago.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: June 01, 2021, 12:41:32 AM »

News Item

Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin once again knocked the mainstream media for previously dismissing the theory that COVID-19 potentially originated from a Wuhan lab leak in China, tweeting on Saturday that journalists should "own up" when they "fail" their readers and encouraged them to "just report the facts." 

Most MSM [mainstream media] reporters didn’t ‘ignore’ the lab leak theory, they actively crapped all over it for over a year while pretending to be objective out of a toxic mix of confirmation bias, source bias (their scientist sources lied to them), group think, TDS [Trump Derangement Syndrome] and general incompetence," Rogin, who was one of the very few journalists who previously reported on China's role in the pandemic and raised questions about the origins of the virus, tweeted on Saturday. 

He went on to say that, "Also, the lab leak theory didn’t change. It didn’t suddenly become credible. It didn’t jump from crazy to reasonable. The theory has always been the same. The people who got it wrong changed their minds. They are writing about themselves, with zero self awareness."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-columnist-roasts-media-covid-19-lab-theory-fail-readers

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: June 01, 2021, 01:01:16 AM »

Korean War:
Pointless?  The Korean peninsula remains divided at roughly the same point as at the start of the war.  So after the first year of the war which saved the South and pushed back the North invasion restoring the border, the next two years of warfare, including the US troops heading towards the Yalu River border with China was disastrous as China then poured in millions of soldiers, leading to a stalemate.  China was not going to allow a(nother) US backed regime on its border.  The war was certainly disastrous for Koreans, as war always is, and  those in the North were kept firmly in the grip of a hereditary communist dictatorship. 
Win-lose-lose.

The Korean War ended 68 years ago. 
And he last two years of that war were pointless and disastrous.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: June 01, 2021, 02:45:04 AM »

Korean War:
Pointless?  The Korean peninsula remains divided at roughly the same point as at the start of the war.  So after the first year of the war which saved the South and pushed back the North invasion restoring the border...

And (t)he last two years of that war were pointless and disastrous.

The result of the war was that the South was saved, plus lots of death and destruction, but neither side was ready to give it a rest after the first five pages of back and forth that first year. Peace talks began in July '51, but neither side behaved as if they wanted things to stop. I wonder what would have happened had we not elected Eisenhower.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: June 01, 2021, 04:38:38 AM »

Good question.

I’m just glad about this

http://youtu.be/yDYi-9DxCJs

She’ll sail on if we keep marching.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 2929