Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758497 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8430 on: June 03, 2021, 05:47:50 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: June 03, 2021, 05:49:51 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: June 03, 2021, 06:25:58 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: June 03, 2021, 06:33:47 AM »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: June 03, 2021, 06:35:08 AM »

---The “hamster wheel” is a familiar metaphor for those who work within the Veterans Affairs (VA) disability benefits system. Gaining popularity after its use in a 2006 decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, it is most often used to describe the endless cycle of remanding a veteran’s claim before a final decision is reached.---

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/556315-va-benefits-reform-congress-is-trapped-in-a-hamster-wheel

For me my claim was not resolved until it was taken to outside the VA Drs. Things are much worse after covid, vacation time. My primary did not have a moment to check out my blood work numbers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riots in 60s and 70s were mostly about Vietnam. Boomers knew how to throw a party.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: June 03, 2021, 06:45:24 AM »

Who burned Birmingham in 1963?

You mean the city where the Klan’s terrorism led to the nickname BOMBINGHAM?

Everywhere else you mention were uprisings against police violence.

Yeah, smart. Burn down the neighborhood. That'll made things better.

Why didn’t you mention Tulsa, East St. Louis, Chicago, Springfield, Rosewood, Wilmington NC. Elaine Ark or the THREE DOZEN cities looted and burned by whites in the RED SUMMER of 1919?

White folks said pull yourself up your bootstraps and when black folks did just that those same white people burned a bloody swath across the whole country. Then as now you support the police acting like an occupying force in black communities.

Shut the fuck up, yourself.

You’re on the wrong side of history and morality.

Sorry, dope. There are no sides of history.

Your usual level of hypocrisy is on full display.

You rail against violence while you support it.

GFY
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: June 03, 2021, 07:02:37 AM »

Each time Ham brings up my late spouse he does so in an effort to inflict emotional pain. Those are the actions of a very sick and damaged man.

He doesn’t get that I was happy to be her hype man. He doesn’t get our thirty one years together we’re great. Like I said, we made history together.

No, I don't do that, Larry. You dragged your wife in here.

Our discussions provoked you to discuss your feelings of loss openly and honestly, but you used that loss to try to launch a character analysis of me.

You don't fucking know me, she didn't fucking know me, and there isn't anyone here who really fucking knows me, you simple shit.

We only know so much about you because you try to make every issue about you, you narcissistic weasel.

Don't blame me for evoking pleasant memories, and creating a situation in which you are revisiting you loss. That's on you.

Discuss this further in your next session.

Blaming others for what you feel may be within the range of normal responses to grief.

But it shows you have the issue to cope with, not others.

And good luck with that. I don't wish grief on anyone.

Except Richard Nixon's family.

Daily.  Without remorse.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: June 03, 2021, 07:21:50 AM »

---The “hamster wheel” is a familiar metaphor for those who work within the Veterans Affairs (VA) disability benefits system. Gaining popularity after its use in a 2006 decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, it is most often used to describe the endless cycle of remanding a veteran’s claim before a final decision is reached.---

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/556315-va-benefits-reform-congress-is-trapped-in-a-hamster-wheel

For me my claim was not resolved until it was taken to outside the VA Drs. Things are much worse after covid, vacation time. My primary did not have a moment to check out my blood work numbers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riots in 60s and 70s were mostly about Vietnam. Boomers knew how to throw a party.

I remember the carnage Little George Bush left his landlord while he was AWOL from the air guard back then. Good times.

Sounds like you may be happier with Cuban health care. Check it out, dude. You’re so close. Just get your feet wet and head south.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: June 03, 2021, 07:25:39 AM »

Hamilsimpleton had his dreams die in the 70’s and he never recovered. I feel a little sorry for him now, almost.

It would be easier if he weren’t such a twatwit.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: June 03, 2021, 07:31:59 AM »

http://youtu.be/98DRpdYQihw

Good news from the front.

Keep marching.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8440 on: June 03, 2021, 08:50:55 AM »

”You don't fucking know me, she didn't fucking know me, and there isn't anyone here who really fucking knows me, you simple shit.”

Your own words reveal you are a unloved racist piece of shit.

Go curl up and suck that thumb you just pulled out of your ass.

Addendum:

You should have seen her on cross... she would have viscously chopped you into little bitty pieces all the while having the jury perceive her as a petite good natured servant of the people.

Drop the personal shit.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:10:36 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8441 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »

”Sorry, dope. There are no sides of history. “

In that case can we say “in hindsight we see the Axis were the moral equivalent of the Allies?”

A facile demonstration but I didn’t want to strain your feeble faculties this early in the am.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8442 on: June 03, 2021, 09:25:28 AM »

Hamilsimpleton had his dreams die in the 70’s and he never recovered. I feel a little sorry for him now, almost.

It would be easier if he weren’t such a twatwit.

I don’t know why he won’t let the personal shit go... yeah, I do.

He needs to prove to himself he’s better...

To quote a famous philosopher it’s a: “stupid and futile gesture.”

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8443 on: June 03, 2021, 09:50:58 AM »

I’m beginning to have a contrarian position on the filibuster and begging Sinema and Manchin to act like they’re part of the majority.

The GOP is blatantly doing their level best to restrict voting rather than adjust their appeals.

The Biden Administration needs to push their big economic programs across the finish line through reconciliation.

If you give the majority of the population what they want; money in pockets, food in bellies and roofs overhead only the hard core cult members, committed libertarians and stupid people who consistently vote against their own economic interests will go all in for the opposition.

As we’ve seen in the last couple of election cycles the more you try to keep black people out of the voting booth the more determined we are to vote anyway. Witness Georgia and Wisconsin primary elections last year in the middle of a fucking deadly pandemic.

One of the biggest problems in media among pundits is the tendency to fight the last election and conventional wisdom says the party that holds the White House loses seas in the House.

Personally, I don’t see it that way.

Joe Biden ain’t Barack Obama. The GOP have yet to land on a way to demonize Uncle Joe and after the last guy the average Independent voter see him as the guy who is delivering relief AND trying his best to “reach across the aisle” and getting rebuffed at every turn.

2022 should turn out well fir the Dems and if it goes that way they’ll hold the House and expand their majority in the Senate rendering the influence of Manchin and Sinema moot.

The only thing holding this nation from moving ahead in the long term are fucking moderate Democrats who refuse to see the GOP of yore is no more and that GOP sucked too.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: June 03, 2021, 10:20:43 AM »

”You don't fucking know me, she didn't fucking know me, and there isn't anyone here who really fucking knows me, you simple shit.”

Your own words reveal you are a unloved racist piece of shit.

Go curl up and suck that thumb you just pulled out of your ass.

Addendum:

You should have seen her on cross... she would have viscously chopped you into little bitty pieces all the while having the jury perceive her as a petite good natured servant of the people.

Drop the personal shit.

See? I told you you don't know me.

But we ALL know YOU.

You injected the "personal shit" on theses pages.

You always have. Among those things which YOU put here...

Your kids.

Your education. Your kids' education.
Where they protest, their professions, what term paper they wrote.

Your home.

Your losses.

Your checkered employment history.

Your ethnicity.

Your anger.

Your Twitter account.

Obituaries.

Your health issues.

Your financial security.

Your relations in other states.

YOU put it here.

No one else did.

You put it here to educate us about how accomplished you are, about how you're just as good if not better than anyone else.

You put it here to slake the thirst of your own egocentrism.

Or was it to garner sympathy?

Which is it, Larry? Do you want us to admire you or feel sorry for you?

Or maybe it doesn't matter, as long as you get attention, attention you think you deserve more than anyone else.

And you'd like it if no one commented on the shit you share about yourself, because they've made it personal?

You care too much about what others think of you, Larry.

That's a sign of weakness.

Carry on, but don't complain about what's personal when YOU put it here.

Others can pretend they don't see your flaws, and they can feed into your shit, and your weak character.

They can give you the special treatment that you think you deserve. They can acknowledge your incessant need to play the fucking martyr or the hero or the heroic martyr.

But I will treat you as I treat everyone else.

Equal treatment, Larry.

You fuck with me, I give it back. In spades.

Because you're no more special than anyone else here, Larry.

Got that?

Life is NOT what happens here.

Life is outside of here.

You've stopped living if your primary goal is to gather a posse of sympathetic strangers and deem them your friends. Don't be stupid Larry.

Don't be among the walking dead.

Get the fuck out of that hospital, put your shoes on, and put your phone down, and go do something significant before one of your kids has to come in and inform us, like they did for weezie, that you've passed on.

Don't be like Bambu or fac, lost, miserable souls wondering the internet looking to be heard, looking for a friend.

And remember, Larry, when you're down, when you think someone has mocked your pain, remember to watch THIS!

https://youtu.be/ThDwS79HPhs

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 2928