Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758498 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8445 on: June 03, 2021, 10:29:24 AM »

Get the fuck out.... put your shoes on, and put your phone down, and go do something significant....

Don't be like Bambu or fac, lost, miserable souls wondering the internet looking to be heard, looking for a friend.

Sounds like excellent advice for you,  HamSam.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #8446 on: June 03, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »

I look forward to Larry's posts.   Rather than inviting me to feel sorry for him,  they are often inspiring or at least thought-provoking.  I like knowing him through his writings here and at Shinbone,  and would find Elba a poorer place without him.   His wife was amazing,  and I'm also moved and inspired by her dedication to community and justice. 
Which Larry clearly shares.

And I also admire anyone with the stones to go on Jeopardy.   I'm not so good with a camera pointed at me.   

Which is silly, since I'm way handsomer than Larry!   If you saw me in "Gaslight, " I was every bit as gorgeous as Ingrid Bergman!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: June 03, 2021, 10:46:57 AM »

It's good to live where education and science are respected: A dozen states passed a major vaccine milestone Wednesday as more than 70% of their adult populations have received at least one coronavirus vaccine dose, according to health data.

The situation, however, contrasts with a handful of states, most of which are in the South, that have not broken the halfway mark with their adult residents.

A majority of the states that have broken the 70% threshold for first doses among adults are in the Northeast, such as Massachusetts, 78.7%; Connecticut, 75.6%; Maine, 74.3%; and New Jersey, 74.1%., according to the latest health data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

More states and territories are on the way to crossing this mark, including New York, 68.1%; Virginia, 67.5%; Washington state, 69.5%; and Washington D.C, 68.4%., the CDC data showed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/70-adults-12-states-received-covid-vaccine-dose/story?id=78045049&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_hero_related
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: June 03, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »

Get the fuck out.... put your shoes on, and put your phone down, and go do something significant....

Don't be like Bambu or fac, lost, miserable souls wondering the internet looking to be heard, looking for a friend.

Sounds like excellent advice for you,  HamSam.

Like I give a fuck what you think of me.

Heh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 12:22:29 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: June 03, 2021, 10:59:02 AM »

"To those who say that we must make a choice between the filibuster and ‘X,’ I say, this is a false choice.  The way to fix that is to fix your behavior, not to eliminate the rules or change the rules, but to change the behavior." 

Has Sinema,  who I used to think fondly of as the Margot Robbie of the US Senate, morphed into a blithering idiot?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: June 03, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »

Joe Biden ain’t Barack Obama. The GOP have yet to land on a way to demonize Uncle Joe and after the last guy the average Independent voter see him as the guy who is delivering relief AND trying his best to “reach across the aisle” and getting rebuffed at every turn.

That is why people like Red keep talking about Harris.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: June 03, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »

"Don't be like Bambu or fac, lost, miserable souls wondering the internet looking to be heard" has to be the most hilariously unintentionally ironic thing i have ever read.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: June 03, 2021, 12:30:49 PM »

Your home.

Your losses.

Your checkered employment history.

Your ethnicity.

Your anger.

Your Twitter account.

Obituaries.

Your health issues.

Your financial security.

Your relations in other states.

YOU put it here.

No one else did.

His right.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8453 on: June 03, 2021, 12:47:23 PM »

“It’s a sick world and I’m a happy guy!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: June 03, 2021, 12:57:09 PM »

The only thing holding this nation from moving ahead in the long term are fucking moderate Democrats who refuse to see the GOP of yore is no more and that GOP sucked too.

Ah yes, the enemies change

Manchin = McCain, I guess.  Feel what was our pain.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: June 03, 2021, 01:14:28 PM »

Go curl up and suck that thumb you just pulled out of your ass.

FLAG.

Seems a pattern

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8456 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »

The only thing holding this nation from moving ahead in the long term are fucking moderate Democrats who refuse to see the GOP of yore is no more and that GOP sucked too.

Ah yes, the enemies change

Manchin = McCain, I guess.  Feel what was our pain.

We are Americans. Republicans need to go back to seeing Democrats as rivals and opponents, not as enemies.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8457 on: June 03, 2021, 01:22:10 PM »

Go curl up and suck that thumb you just pulled out of your ass.

FLAG.

Seems a pattern

You’re right.

But...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8458 on: June 03, 2021, 01:23:38 PM »

"To those who say that we must make a choice between the filibuster and ‘X,’ I say, this is a false choice.  The way to fix that is to fix your behavior, not to eliminate the rules or change the rules, but to change the behavior." 

Has Sinema,  who I used to think fondly of as the Margot Robbie of the US Senate, morphed into a blithering idiot?

I think she’s trolling everyone...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: June 03, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »

Your home.

Your losses.

Your checkered employment history.

Your ethnicity.

Your anger.

Your Twitter account.

Obituaries.

Your health issues.

Your financial security.

Your relations in other states.

YOU put it here.

No one else did.

His right.

Yep. But then he needs to live with the consequences of being so stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 2928