Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758293 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8490 on: June 03, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »

Uno,  you are quite possibly the most dishonest poster I've ever encountered on a message board.   Your deleted post of January 19 made a monumental lie of your previous expression of sympathy.   The kind of hatred it takes to attack a man by means of his wife's recent death does not bear contemplation and I will not linger on it.   You are one sick puppy.   The day you apologize for your behavior here is the day I would see you as starting to recover from whatever sickness bedevils you.

Thank you. My Evil Incarnate profile has been restored. You may now carry on believing yourself to be my superior, when in fact you are not.

GFY.

Take your own advice.

You believe you’re superior to me and you’re not.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8491 on: June 03, 2021, 07:20:21 PM »

Take a minute off and don't post shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmmjnEdtx8

PLAY IT LOUD

And then look inward and answer the question

I was slippin' into darkness
When they took my friend away
I was slippin' into darkness
When they took, when they took my friend away

You know he loves to drink good whiskey...
While laughing at the moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L-2IQMDwcA
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8492 on: June 03, 2021, 07:24:41 PM »

I hold grudges because I’m petty like that

“God may forgive you but I won’t. Jesus May love you but I don’t.”

I’m kind of like Arya Stark who famously kept a list.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8493 on: June 03, 2021, 07:29:08 PM »

The following is a pull quote*

*“Trump infamously refused to concede the 2020 election until after the mob he had incited ransacked the Capitol in an effort to overturn the outcome. But even afterward, most Republicans in the House, and several in the Senate, refused to vote to certify the results. The rioters were outliers in the sense that they employed political violence and intimidation in an attempt to overturn the election. But the rioters fell squarely within the Republican mainstream in sharing Trump’s belief that his defeat meant the election was inherently illegitimate. The main ideological cleavage within the GOP is not whether election laws should be changed to better ensure Republican victory, but whether political violence is necessary to achieve that objective.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/capitol-rioters-won/619075/

ACHTUNG, BITCHES... 1/6 ain’t over.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: June 03, 2021, 08:38:32 PM »

Let’s see.
SCOTUS in the last couple of weeks has had FIVE unanimous decisions( 2 overruling the super liberal 9th Circuit(ouch!) and this week 3 Trump appointees agreed with two Obama appointees in a decision.

Memo to Chuckie Schumer: we need to pack SCOTUS why?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: June 03, 2021, 08:40:57 PM »

The following is a pull quote*

*“Trump infamously refused to concede the 2020 election until after the mob he had incited ransacked the Capitol in an effort to overturn the outcome. But even afterward, most Republicans in the House, and several in the Senate, refused to vote to certify the results. The rioters were outliers in the sense that they employed political violence and intimidation in an attempt to overturn the election. But the rioters fell squarely within the Republican mainstream in sharing Trump’s belief that his defeat meant the election was inherently illegitimate. The main ideological cleavage within the GOP is not whether election laws should be changed to better ensure Republican victory, but whether political violence is necessary to achieve that objective.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/capitol-rioters-won/619075/

ACHTUNG, BITCHES... 1/6 ain’t over.

Achtung, BABY!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8496 on: June 03, 2021, 08:42:31 PM »

Let’s see.
SCOTUS in the last couple of weeks has had FIVE unanimous decisions( 2 overruling the super liberal 9th Circuit(ouch!) and this week 3 Trump appointees agreed with two Obama appointees in a decision.

Because you stole two seats

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: June 03, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »

Let’s see.

You’re right. Eliminating the republican party and all its bastard child spin-offs is in fact a much higher priority.

Thanks, Red.

I’ll see Chuck gets the memo.

There may be hope for you yet.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: June 03, 2021, 09:47:02 PM »

Trump has valued the damage he has caused the United States by his intentionally and knowingly spreading Covid as a campaign stratagem at ten trillion dollars. It’s time to make him pay the piper. Families of the dead should move to the head of the line when the horrible man’s life enters receivership and the creditors come to pick the bones.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: June 03, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »

History?

We don’t need to hear no steenkin history!

(The following is a pull quote)*

”But the disruption was no glitch. One of the event’s organizers later admitted the audio had been deliberately turned down, telling the Akron Beacon Journal that Kemter’s discussion of Black history “was not relevant to our program for the day.”*

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/03/ohio-barnard-kempter-mic-memorial-day/

Yeah! I saw that and must agree. That's like tearing down statues of Robert E. Lee!
Mary Mother of Christ even when you are right you immediately turn racist. Choosing who gets honored in a public space is nothing like shutting down a speaker you do not agree with.

It's so wrong to edit history to suit a political purpose. Various POVs matter when considering any era.
Statues are not history and taking them down doesn’t edit history. Post Communist governments of.Eastern Europe removed dozens of Soviet era statues. If you want, there is a park outside Budapest where you can go see them. That did not erase the Soviet era from history, and that is not why they were taken down. No one has erected a statue of Mohammed Atta in a 9/11 memorial to "teach history". Or a statue of Timothy McVeigh or Pol Pot. That is because statues are erected to honor people, not teach history. If a government feels it no longer wants to honor Lee, it gets to take down his statue. Rather than erasing him from history, it is actually teaching about his history with greater clarity: his conscious choice to serve evil is not worthy of the public honor of.a.statue.

Doing that is like something you'd see during the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
So if China ever overcomes its current leadership and becomes a Democracy they need to leave up all the communist statues, murals, public art?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:57:23 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: June 03, 2021, 10:53:27 PM »

---The “hamster wheel” is a familiar metaphor for those who work within the Veterans Affairs (VA) disability benefits system. Gaining popularity after its use in a 2006 decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, it is most often used to describe the endless cycle of remanding a veteran’s claim before a final decision is reached.---

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/556315-va-benefits-reform-congress-is-trapped-in-a-hamster-wheel

For me my claim was not resolved until it was taken to outside the VA Drs. Things are much worse after covid, vacation time. My primary did not have a moment to check out my blood work numbers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riots in 60s and 70s were mostly about Vietnam. Boomers knew how to throw a party.

I remember the carnage Little George Bush left his landlord while he was AWOL from the air guard back then. Good times.

Sounds like you may be happier with Cuban health care. Check it out, dude. You’re so close. Just get your feet wet and head south.

Hey, hey, hey LBJ how many babies you kill today. Sheer poetry. No hablo de espanol.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:54 PM »

Uno,  you are quite possibly the most dishonest poster I've ever encountered on a message board.   Your deleted post of January 19 made a monumental lie of your previous expression of sympathy.   The kind of hatred it takes to attack a man by means of his wife's recent death does not bear contemplation and I will not linger on it.   You are one sick puppy.   The day you apologize for your behavior here is the day I would see you as starting to recover from whatever sickness bedevils you.

Thank you. My Evil Incarnate profile has been restored. You may now carry on believing yourself to be my superior, when in fact you are not.

GFY.

Take your own advice.

You believe you’re superior to me and you’re not.

Sorry, Larry. You've already lost the war.

Sleep well.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: June 03, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: June 04, 2021, 01:06:59 AM »

Nice to know your rearguard action has an anthem, Ham, as sad as it may be.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2928