Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758265 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8535 on: June 04, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »

Oh, the agony, right?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2021/06/03/bob-brenly-diamondbacks-leave-of-absence-mets-marcus-stroman-comments/7535975002/

We can now add that to the pile of incidents in which the hypersensitive and easily offended can chortle with revenge as yet snother is sacrificed on the Big Altar of The Woke.

The lesson here is “Just don’t be a dick!”

Dick.

Feel better, Incontinentus?

You peddle weakness.

I thought I was angry?

MODERATOR: Do not respond to this message.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:39:35 AM by josh »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: June 04, 2021, 11:29:27 AM »

This stops.

Objections to my saying this stops are allowed by PM, but not here.

Violators will be relieved of posting ability for 5 days. If it resumes, 10 days.

Then banned.

If you think my position on "this" is unclear, you are welcome to test my limits - but know you are gambling.

There is some slack, for folks replying before they see this, but not much. 30 minutes, maybe an hour, depending on what you are responding to. Don't respond to any that say "MODERATOR: Do not respond to this message." (That ought to be obvious, but...)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:44:14 AM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: June 04, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »

While Mike Pence claims there is no systemic racism in the US, he also talked about January 6th and his views vs. Trump's:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/03/politics/pence-trump-january-6/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: June 04, 2021, 12:13:30 PM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #8539 on: June 04, 2021, 12:52:07 PM »

While Mike Pence claims there is no systemic racism in the US, he also talked about....

Mike who?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: June 04, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

A lot of the time, when we bring up restrictions on gun purchases and compare it to things like auto registrations and inspections, the pro-gun folks are quick to point out that guns are a right!

Well, folks, so is voting, even if it wasn't always.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8541 on: June 04, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »

What fuck Arizona?

Zyklon B? Really?

size=14pt]In a statement, the Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry said it was “prepared to perform its legal obligation and commence the execution process as part of the legally imposed sentence, regardless of method selected.” The department pointed to the Arizona statute allowing a defendant sentenced to death for a crime committed before November 23, 1992 to choose between lethal injection or lethal gas at least 20 days before the execution date.[/size]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/01/arizona-gas-chamber-execution/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8542 on: June 04, 2021, 01:36:26 PM »

Might erect a statue in your honor, Josh, after your firming-up of trolling policy.  I picture you as looking sort of like a bald Ethel Merman, so I'll just use her as a template. 

My visualizations of forum members are generally poor.  Michael Douglas?  Philip Seymour Hoffman?  Albert Camus?  Really, it's hard to tell, Josh.  Maybe I'll just put up a plaque for you.

Trolls I tend to picture as either Larry Thomas (the soup nazi) or Michael Shannon.  Or sometimes David Thewlis, giggling crazily.

Did the sixteen false addresses in Texas voting even go through as fraudulent votes?   I'm thinking all those gun deaths were real people whose bodies were pierced by real bullets.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 01:38:27 PM by Holly Martins »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: June 04, 2021, 02:01:36 PM »

Farah Pahlavi - فرح پهلوی

4 hours ·

"Letter to World Health Organization"

Dear Dr. Ghebreyesus,

Pursuant to President Biden’s recent announcement of donating 20 million doses of U.S. authorized coronavirus vaccines to needy countries, I am hopeful that a portion of this shipment, with your direct intervention and under the aegis of The World Health Organization, may also be allocated to my country Iran. The Iranian government has delayed public vaccination leaving a vast unvaccinated majority exposed to Covid-19.

I thank you for your kind attention and look forward to your favorable action.

With best wishes,

Farah Pahlavi

------------------

That is the way to make peace and to make friends, give vaccines to the poor nations, and feed the hungry, etc.

Could you imagine the goodwill if we sent vaccines to Iran?

I fully suppport helping the poor nations to get vaccinated, and it would be great if we could find people in Iran who we can support and who we can be friends with.

Too bad Queen Farah is not the Queen of Iran still.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: June 04, 2021, 02:08:00 PM »

Zero reason for this

But enjoy your time off, Bob.

Of course not!
Who cares if it ain’t your ox being gored?

It was a nasty and unnecessary swipe disguised as a “joke.”

C’mon, kid. Do better after all these years.

I just don't see the offending line.  Sorry.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: June 04, 2021, 02:09:27 PM »

What fuck Arizona?

Zyklon B? Really?

size=14pt]In a statement, the Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry said it was “prepared to perform its legal obligation and commence the execution process as part of the legally imposed sentence, regardless of method selected.” The department pointed to the Arizona statute allowing a defendant sentenced to death for a crime committed before November 23, 1992 to choose between lethal injection or lethal gas at least 20 days before the execution date.[/size]

Why are you surprised?
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: June 04, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »

While Mike Pence claims there is no systemic racism in the US, he also talked about January 6th and his views vs. Trump's:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/03/politics/pence-trump-january-6/index.html

I would love t hear Pence say,

"I advised the President not to make a speech on that day"

Still not enough said of why there needed to be a speech at all.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8547 on: June 04, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »

Zero reason for this

But enjoy your time off, Bob.

Of course not!
Who cares if it ain’t your ox being gored?

It was a nasty and unnecessary swipe disguised as a “joke.”

C’mon, kid. Do better after all these years.

I just don't see the offending line.  Sorry.

To quote Joe Biden, “ You ain’t black.”

There’s no sin in not seeing the offense the sin is dismissing the concerns of the offended.

Try seeing it from another’s point of view

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8548 on: June 04, 2021, 02:16:42 PM »

What fuck Arizona?

Zyklon B? Really?

Why are you surprised?

I’m not surprised as much as disappointed

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: June 04, 2021, 02:17:39 PM »

Explain it

Do they not call it a durag (sp?)
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 2928