Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758296 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8565 on: June 04, 2021, 05:32:08 PM »

From June 4, 2020

This time last year I made the infamous “this week”  error in a pull quote while this article was in process.

Below is a pull quote* from the article I wrote on the day when “I tried to mislead the forum,” “exhibited intellectual dishonesty” or just plain assed “lied.” I copped to a mistake and admitted to the editing error because I was just planning to dash off a post about the way black people are “allowed” to protest injustice.

Why am I bringing attention to this? Why have I stuck the stick back in the shit pile and stirred? Because it is the truth and I’m petty like that.

*“I’m a 62-year-old black man in America, and I can be hurt, maimed or killed by anyone who doesn’t like my tone! If, as an untrained civilian, I don’t do everything correctly, a highly trained cop can take my life or my freedom for not exhibiting the appropriate amount of deference. Anyone who gets pissed off with me, for any reason, can call the police and change my life and my family forever.

Multiply my fear of the “protectors of society” by that of nearly every black person in America and you may begin to comprehend the constant low-to-high-level stressors that affect us day in day out.”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/protest-is-nothing-new-for-our-nations-capital-but-trump-lit-a-fuse/

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8566 on: June 04, 2021, 05:59:25 PM »

From June 4, 2020

This time last year I made the infamous “this week”  error in a pull quote while this article was in process.

Below is a pull quote* from the article I wrote on the day when “I tried to mislead the forum,” “exhibited intellectual dishonesty” or just plain assed “lied.” I copped to a mistake and admitted to the editing error because I was just planning to dash off a post about the way black people are “allowed” to protest injustice.

Why am I bringing attention to this? Why have I stuck the stick back in the shit pile and stirred? Because it is the truth and I’m petty like that.

*“I’m a 62-year-old black man in America, and I can be hurt, maimed or killed by anyone who doesn’t like my tone! If, as an untrained civilian, I don’t do everything correctly, a highly trained cop can take my life or my freedom for not exhibiting the appropriate amount of deference. Anyone who gets pissed off with me, for any reason, can call the police and change my life and my family forever.

Multiply my fear of the “protectors of society” by that of nearly every black person in America and you may begin to comprehend the constant low-to-high-level stressors that affect us day in day out.”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/protest-is-nothing-new-for-our-nations-capital-but-trump-lit-a-fuse/

Quite...

I said I was petty like that.

The equine has passed on and the last word was the first word.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: June 04, 2021, 06:00:57 PM »

Who supports HAMAS in this forum?
No one, of course. The right of Palestinian self-determination and the right to full political participation and equal rights is separate from Hamas or the policies the Palestinians might eventually pursue if they have those rights.   But people who refuse to countenance any criticism of Israel or see the Palestinians as humans endowed by their creator with the rights of humanity try desperately to equate the two.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: June 04, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »

From June 4, 2020

Thumbs up emoji however the Hell you do that.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8569 on: June 04, 2021, 06:08:49 PM »

From June 4, 2020

Quite...

I said I was petty like that.

The equine has passed on and the last word was the first word.

When you quote a post click on the drop down next to “Message Icon” and choose your emoji.

Am I being a dick about this?

Goddamn right

I took a shit load of unnecessary abuse and now the subject is closed.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: June 04, 2021, 06:23:38 PM »

Native American tribes are allowed to kill and eat dogs and cats..."for religious rituals".
Poor puppy dogs and pussy cats.
Native American tribes are exempt from the 2018 Dog and Cat Meat Prohibition Act.
They should not be.
Someone should do something to stop them.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:26:28 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8571 on: June 04, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8572 on: June 04, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »

we have people on this forum who claim to be American and who have stated support for the Palestinians and Hamas, the terrorist group that is funded by the Iranians.

Welcome,  again,  to Strawman Theater.   (speaking of dead horses)   

Here's something to try at home (or anywhere) :   Go for several hours without having an opinion.   

It's mind-expanding, liberating,  and deeply calming.   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: June 04, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »

Dogs in South Korea are usually killed by electrocution.
Humane Society International says electrocuted dogs sre soaked with water and shocked with an electric rod.
The process can take 2 to 3 minutes or more.
Tortured to death after having been kept on dog farms where they're crammed in wire cages, never cleaned, and fed the worst kind of food, including meat from dead dogs...and feces.
Popular dogs kept in the brutal living conditions and subjected to horrifying deaths include Labradors, Golden Retrievers, Saint Bernards, Cocker Spaniels, Huskies, Great Pyrenees.
South Korea stands condemned in the eyes of many.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8574 on: June 04, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »

Underneath subject box,  at top of your Post Reply page,  is a dropdown  menu called "Message icon. "  There you will find your answer.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8575 on: June 04, 2021, 06:56:03 PM »

I've duplicated Larry's instructions, I now see.

Is capitalizing hell a Catholic thing?  I don't think Methodists do that,  unless it's specifically talking about the location.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: June 04, 2021, 07:07:56 PM »

Then there is the conservative conspiracy theory that Trump could somehow be reinstated as president something this year, like in August.

And Trump's interest in it:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/06/03/trump-reinstated-august-acosta-ebof-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mypillow-guy-mike-lindell-says-he-probably-inspired-trumps-august-restoration-notion

That’s when the losers like Red and Kiid start their shooting war.

If you restated that as "people like..." would that lose too much flavor for you?

Yeah, it would. I think I found a middle ground.

“Watchlist eligible individuals and entities like...” would take the zero-sum aspect from the formula which is a heathy and welcome edit in my book.

Gratitude, Baba Gi.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #8577 on: June 04, 2021, 07:13:07 PM »

Dogs in South Korea are usually killed by electrocution....

Do you eat the meat of land animals produced by factory farming? 

Dogs have been viewed as meat animals in Korea for millennia. 

All large-scale meat operations,  be they dog, pig, cow,  or poultry,  involve cruelty.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: June 04, 2021, 07:15:20 PM »

Bambu is projecting guilt about how some of his countrymen are treating mice these days. He’s a tender soul in these troubling times.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8579 on: June 04, 2021, 07:19:22 PM »

Dogs in South Korea are usually killed by electrocution....

Do you eat the meat of land animals produced by factory farming? 

Dogs have been viewed as meat animals in Korea for millennia. 

All large-scale meat operations,  be they dog, pig, cow,  or poultry,  involve cruelty.

For a cold splash of reality Google: “Pets will eat...” and watch what comes up.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 2928