Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758024 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8655 on: June 05, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »

Larry the issue is not the pull quote, but rather you're quoting yourself and potentially creating a false impression of support.

Do any of us not know whose stuff is in the Shinbone Star?! "exjournalistsunite" has been his own voice all the way along.

Who do you think he is somehow deceiving, Banks?!

Josh

There is nothing in that link that says "Shinbone Star"

You would have to  click the link to discover that.

I do not read all the links posted here. I will read the excerpts and if interested, click a link and read the article.

I've already posted I've no idea how Larry's mind works or his intentions.

But I understand what can be viewed as misleading posting.

Larry simply could have IDed his opinion as his opinion, but for his reasons, he chose not to.

and IMO it creates a false impression.

I'm not sure why a simple act of transparency over authorship is so difficult for you to accept.

"Here's an article I wrote in 2019", is perfectly transparent, it IDs authorship and clears up any unstated conflict of interest between what is posted and what is linked as corroboration.

Its not that complicated.

And its honest.

You are honestly copping to be a fucking lazy reader. If you can’t be bother3d to read the article that ain’t my fault.

It is a convenient way for you to cop out on the context.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8656 on: June 05, 2021, 05:09:11 PM »

Larry the issue is not the pull quote, but rather you're quoting yourself and potentially creating a false impression of support.

Do any of us not know whose stuff is in the Shinbone Star?! "exjournalistsunite" has been his own voice all the way along.

Well, at least he isn’t saying I lied... even though he is.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8657 on: June 05, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »

Dogs in South Korea are usually killed by electrocution....

Do you eat the meat of land animals produced by factory farming? 

Dogs have been viewed as meat animals in Korea for millennia. 

All large-scale meat operations,  be they dog, pig, cow,  or poultry,  involve cruelty.

For a cold splash of reality Google: “Pets will eat...” and watch what comes up.

Taking a WAG the next three words are "their dead owner. " 

As an aside,  I'm a big fan of composting the dead.   Green burials okay,  too.

I'm a big fan of graves in cemeteries, that one can visit and lay flowers on.

Green burial allows stone markers.

What is green burial?

No embalming and in some processes the body is placed in an area where plants and trees will grow from the decomposition process.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8658 on: June 05, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »

Everything I post in here from the Star attributes authorship to

LARRYBNDC

let it go banks

This your problem, no one else.

“Poor Larry” my ass.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:18:45 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: June 05, 2021, 05:18:25 PM »

Josh

I do not read all the links posted here. I will read the excerpts and if interested, click a link and read the article.

Larry simply could have IDed his opinion as his opinion, but for his reasons, he chose not to.

I'm not sure why a simple act of transparency over authorship is so difficult for you to accept.

"Here's an article I wrote in 2019", is perfectly transparent, it IDs authorship and clears up any unstated conflict of interest between what is posted and what is linked as corroboration.

And its honest.

You are honestly copping to be a fucking lazy reader. If you can’t be bother3d to read the article that ain’t my fault.

Larry I read the article-that how I knew you were quoting yourself.

there is no way to know that from your post.

and I had to read the article to pull and re-post your conclusion which missed the mark on the flattening of the blue tsunami in '20.

Larry agrees with Larry is your unspoken context.

No shit

Larry You're copping to creating an opaque illusion

The real context is you created an illusion

and Larry I'm a selective reader, there is no way in the world I read anywhere close to everything posted here.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:21:20 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8660 on: June 05, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »

Josh

And its honest.

Larry I read the article-that how I knew you were quoting yourself.

there is no way to know that from your post.

Larry agrees with Larry is your unspoken context.

No shit

and how I posted your conclusion which missed the mark on the flattening of the blue tsunami in '20.

You're copping to creating an opaque illusion

The context is you created an illusion

and Larry I'm a selective reader, there is no way in the world I read anywhere close to everything posted here.

If you didn’t read it don’t bitch about it.

2020 showed white moderates could be swayed by fear through GOP messaging.

If you can be swayed by the opposition’s arguments YOU AIN’T THE BASE.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: June 05, 2021, 05:23:54 PM »

Larry in the future when you decide to quote yourself, just write, "This is something I wrote in...

It will clear up any confusion about conflicts of interest and would enhance transparency and honest discussion re "pull quotes" and their source.

feel better soon

LMAO

EDIT  Larry still is sticking to his narrative that I did not read it, but some how quoted from it.

neat trick.

Larry I read it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:27:14 PM by bankshot1 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: June 05, 2021, 05:24:29 PM »

Bambi, should we eat the dogs or not?

You seem to be all over the place on this issue.

He just posted that it's a dog eat dog world,  so I'm guessing that it should stay within the species,  in his view.   To me,  if you say it's wrong to eat dogs,  then you should not be eating any sentient animal.   Which is really just saying humans are morally distinct from all other creatures.

Work colleagues will "eat you up and spit you out" if you aren't "awake" to their tricks and deceit.
As will neighbours.
As will other countries.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8663 on: June 05, 2021, 05:28:01 PM »

Ok

I’m done.

Enough with the “Larry’s on meds” shit.

I was given Flexeril for three days post op. Other than that I was on no pain meds. The most discomfort I had was from the bandages pulling on my skin.

Now when I get home there’s an eighth of Lemon Crush waiting for me and I will certainly self .medicate

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8664 on: June 05, 2021, 05:32:01 PM »

Larry in the future when you decide to quote yourself, just write, "This is something I wrote in...

It will clear up any confusion about conflicts of interest and would enhance transparency and honest discussion re "pull quotes" and their source.

feel better soon

LMAO

EDIT  Larry still is sticking to his narrative that I did not read it, but some how quoted from it.

neat trick.

Larry I read it.

Round and round we go. That will bring us back to doe!

Neat trick.

The pull quote speaks for itself.

Bottom line.

There is no need to say before hand “here’s something i wrote...”

You’ve had a year. to learn what a pull quote is.

I’ stand by what I wrote last year and I stand by my PIPE DREAMS.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8665 on: June 05, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »

Joe Knows!

“The African American community stood up again for me. They always have my back, and I’ll have yours... ...I said from the outset I wanted a campaign that represented America, and I think we did that. Now that’s what I want the administration to look like.”

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: June 05, 2021, 05:53:40 PM »

Josh

It's as if you are engaged in selective reading, Banks.

And looking for a fight.

And if you are not looking for a fight, then you need to stfu, because there was no intention to deceive and it is not Larry's fault if you have not noticed his posts from that link for years. You manage many other bits of cited site sight recognition.

If you were in truth deceived, I suspect you were the only one.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8667 on: June 05, 2021, 05:54:25 PM »

*This is a pull quote

*”The American Legion Department of Ohio does not hold space for members, veterans, or families of veterans who believe that censoring black history is acceptable behavior,” it also said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/04/jim-garrison-resign-veteran-mic-cut-memorial-day/

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: June 05, 2021, 05:55:34 PM »

*This is a pull quote

*”The American Legion Department of Ohio does not hold space for members, veterans, or families of veterans who believe that censoring black history is acceptable behavior,” it also said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/04/jim-garrison-resign-veteran-mic-cut-memorial-day/

I think you can drop the pull quote line, now.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: June 05, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »

In graphic design, a pull quote (also known as a lift-out pull quote) is a key phrase, quotation, or excerpt that has been pulled from an article and used as a page layout graphic element, serving to entice readers into the article or to highlight a key topic. It is typically placed in a larger or distinctive typeface and on the same page. Pull quotes are often used in magazine and newspaper articles, annual reports, and brochures, as well as on the web. They can add visual interest to text-heavy pages with few images or illustrations....   

Just so we're clear on what "pull quote" means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull_quote

New fucking sheriff in town, and it’s about damn time.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 2928