Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757930 times)

Oilcanary

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8745 on: June 06, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »

Either you are working to make voting as accessible as humanly possible to every citizen or you're a crypto-fascist trying to filter out some group of people for which you have contempt.   

This is not rocket science. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: June 06, 2021, 08:29:01 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: June 06, 2021, 08:34:05 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: June 06, 2021, 08:34:40 PM »

Deep in the Ass of Texas?

Amazing this guy who is under indictment can wield this kind of power.

Yeah, let’s negotiate voting rights with these motherfuckers.

Moderates are fucking suckers in this day and age.

“And just knowing that we had twelve lawsuits that we had to win. And if we had lost one of them, if we’d lost Harris County — Trump won by 620,000 votes in Texas. Harris County mail-in ballots that they wanted to send out were 2.5 million, those were all illegal and we were able to stop every one of them,” he explained.

https://hillreporter.com/texas-ag-admits-trump-wouldve-lost-the-state-without-blocking-mail-in-voting-103060

Right.  That's the point

Won the other states as well.

Texas is and has been blue minus the illegal fascist ratfucking.

The alabastard ship be sinking.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: June 06, 2021, 08:37:23 PM »

When they had the Olympics in China, and no one could call Taiwan "Taiwan" and instead they called it the Chinese Republic of Taipei or whatever, no one would call it "Taiwan."

Now you see why our 1st Amendment is backed up by our 2nd Amendment.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: June 06, 2021, 08:37:41 PM »

I’ll be rooting for Team USA as I have since the Tokyo Olympics of 1964

If all you do is root for the USA then you have a problem with what Olympiads are all about
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: June 06, 2021, 08:38:47 PM »

Its an interesting belief that the politics of progressive Dems which has only modest support outside of progressive circles will be a killer platform in  for Dems in '22.

I think its deadly politics, in most states, for Dems, but...

Although Speaker of the House Marjorie Taylor Greene doling out committee chairs might prove entertaining.

You are so far out of step with rest of the nation it’s a crying shame.

Your perspective is 20 years out of date. After this pandemic people want big changes and they’d love it sooner than later.

The MAJORITY of Americans across the political spectrum want what you call progressive economic policies

Are you pulling a quote from yourself, or do you have some research to back that up?

Google it

Since Ham might not have the faculties, I did it for him,

http://theappeal.org/the-lab/polling-memos/voters-in-frontline-and-swing-districts-support-progressive-policies/

Good policy equals good politics despite some folk’s sick and misguided opinions.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8753 on: June 06, 2021, 08:51:48 PM »

Goose stepping? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Just using your own rhetorical constructs to poke some fun and point out an unpleasant truth Larry.

You accused me of being out of step while you at the same time seem to want a minority political faction (far left progressives) to push through their wish list and control the political agenda.

While you were babbling GO BIG and unable to articulate what you meant, I told you it was a 50-50 world where GO SMART was a better policy to effectuate long-term social change.

My bad, you were wrong guy to make that argument to.

You continue to confuse politics and policy.

LMAO

But its not that funny, as the morons of the far left will over play their hand, and the real fascist goose steppers will show you how its done. 

So who's out of step Adolph?

If Manchin wasn’t blocking filibuster it was a done deal

The world is at a tipping point where the incrementalism you propose won’t accomplish what needs to be done and if capitulate to the party that sought to violently overthrow the government that propagates the BIG LIE the election was stolen you’re on a fool’s errand.

Progressives moved heaven and earth to overcome the obstacles in the South to give Dems majority in 5he Senate and you chortle about a 50/50 while piddling away a once in a generation opportunity to transform the economy off fossil fuels and yo unleash an educated labor force.

I’m not gonna belabor this any longer because even when you’re wrong you insist you’re right.

I know when your arguments have gone stale when you launch the name calling and other juvenile attacks.

I will ask you this, how much actual work have you done in politics or are you just parroting “conventional wisdom?”

You talk shit, I’ve done shit.

You laugh about BIG vs SMART but if not for Manchin showing his white supremacist roots (voting rights bill too big, GOP must agree to effort to stop then from stealing democracy) do you think Biden was joking when he went fucking HUGE?

You mentioned Kasich a while back.

Last time I went into the field was 2011 dropped every thing to go organize against his fucked up SB-5  https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/issue-2-sb-5-ohio-repeal/ and HB-194 https://www.aclu.org/blog/voting-rights/fighting-voter-suppression/ohioans-rise-stop-voter-suppression-bill

I trained 500 volunteers in Delaware County, how to canvas for the signatures necessary to get opposing referendums on the ballot. I trained phone bank volunteers in Franklin County on the scripts i fucking wrote.

Yeah, my spouse was the first black female judge in Long Island and guess who engineered the campaign and negotiated the appointment? Yeah, I paid for that bit of arrogance with the loss of everything I worked for in the party but Israel saved my ass.

(I got several HBCU hoops player into tryouts with the 2 league and got one contracted with Hopoel Hulom and an Israeli bass player a gig at Diana’s jazz club because my little brother had gigged there and I knew the booker who had a trio needed a bass. Avishai Cohen has done well for himself. Should have inked him to a contract.)

Once again, you talk shit I’ve done shit.

Back to the real game. I wrote last year the Dems path to success would be through the south and tell me Banks, did you honestly see Dems winning Georgia AND picking up two senate seats?

The quote below is from an article I wrote in 2018

”One of the more overlooked realities in political coverage is the mobility of the black middle class. One of the results of that mobility is a significant reversal of the Great Northern Migration, the post-Reconstruction movement of blacks escaping the racist pogroms of the South to cities of the north in search of work in factories.

Those cities are now in what’s called the Rust Belt, and blacks have been leaving those areas in droves.

Black middle class voters are returning to the South where their families have ancestral property, to where their income has allowed them to buy into the suburbs of cities in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and the Carolinas.”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/11/28/giving-thanks-to-a-few-special-leaders/

Nah, y’all focus on how the squishy white folks folded over GOP scare tactics with the Defund The Police and the loss of seats in the House. Those losses really meant squat once black women voters who head the coalition that makes up the Democratic base (Who won the primary for Joe Biden?) delivered Georgia for the senate majority.

The shit has changed and you’re looking back ten years as if we are in the same situation.

THE ONLY THING HOLDING BACK THE HUGE BIDEN AGENDA IS THE FILIBUSTER and Manchin that dumb fuck who is  going against his Republican Governor who backs Biden..

I have to say my journey through politics, show biz, sports and journalism IS QUANTIFIABLE because I can prove the roles I’ve be played in the game for forty years, can you?

My BA in Fine and Applied Arts from Hampton (Institute) University has carried me a long way in this game.

You should demand your money back for that Poli Sci degree.

I’m done for tonight.

I wrote this after my daughter, son in law, sister and nephew left after a welcome home soirée!

Call me all the names you want bu you know I’m not wrong.

PS Michael Sam shouldn’t have backed out of the reality show. He’d be a media star today because he was NEVER gonna take a regular season snap in the NFL.

And you can take that to the BANK.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8754 on: June 06, 2021, 08:53:36 PM »

I think I’ve done pretty well for myself despite having to go over, around and through obstacles white folks mostly don’t have to deal with.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8755 on: June 06, 2021, 08:58:52 PM »

Long overdue:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/06/us/crosley-green-appeal-murder/index.html

While I was in Ohio in 2011 an inmate in Georgia was murdered by the state despite all efforts to spare his life.

Rest in Power Troy Anthony Davis.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8756 on: June 06, 2021, 08:59:17 PM »

Either you are working to make voting as accessible as humanly possible to every citizen or you're a crypto-fascist trying to filter out some group of people for which you have contempt.   

This is not rocket science.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: June 06, 2021, 09:11:59 PM »

When they had the Olympics in China, and no one could call Taiwan "Taiwan" and instead they called it the Chinese Republic of Taipei or whatever, no one would call it "Taiwan."

Now you see why our 1st Amendment is backed up by our 2nd Amendment.

No.

How are those issues connected, Tony?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: June 06, 2021, 09:15:49 PM »

If Manchin wasn’t blocking filibuster it was a done deal

I don't think it was a done deal - was there a Republican ready to flip? Because Kristen Sinema wasn't ready to let the filibuster go, either.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2021/06/03/sen-kyrsten-sinema-daftly-doubles-down-filibuster-support/7516145002/

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: June 06, 2021, 09:25:38 PM »

Poor Larry

His ego demands he argue his fallacies and fantasies, rather than reflect upon events, new facts and learn.

PS Michael Sam shouldn’t have backed out of the reality show. He’d be a media star today because he was NEVER gonna take a regular season snap in the NFL.

Once the NFL and the Rams told Sam to show up with no cameras just like every other rookie, and try and make the team, there was no reality show, and no Oprah money. Oprah knew it, Sam knew it, Sam's agent and lawyer knew it, I knew it, everybody knew it, except for you Larry, you didn't understand and you remained clueless.

Why you insist on still arguing your point only exposes a truly ill-formed understanding on how the world works.

Put this one to bed Larry and then go to bed yourself, you desperately need some sleep.

Although I'm heartened you took my advice and properly identified and pulled (sourced) an earlier article you wrote.

Perhaps there is hope for you yet.

Sweet dreams Larry.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 2928